Bad Gamers Ep. 67: Morgan Hates Bad Pronunciations

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
PS Now
Morgan sounds really curious about the prices of PS Now. I think he's trying to just agree that ports should be ceased, and all of the resources going into them should be used to make new games since last gen will be able to work with PS Now. Oh, and speaking of ports...

Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)
Again, I wholly agree with Chandler. Ports and ports and ports and ports... ad infinitum.

Dragon Age Inquisition
I haven't played any of these games. Dan loves it and Chandler got bored by the one he played. This is the kind of thing that I have going on with Elder Scrolls games. My friends love them, but they bore me. However, I've been really open to new games and franchises lately, and the trailer for this game looks badass. To add more badassery to it - Youtube made me sign in to view it.

Entwined and Killstrain
Killstrain sounds like a biological weapon that shoots from the urethra. Maybe it'll have something to do with Syphon Filter. I know a lot of people really miss that series, so hopefully that will work out for them. If it's actually a game where you kill people with piss, then I can't wait to play it!

MediaMolecule sounds like an excellent choice for a knitting sim, but I'm going to go with thatgamecompany. They make a lot of weird shit that ends up being really fun. I started playing Flower on PS4 last week, and holy shit - I know it's the same game that I played on PS3, but it doesn't seem like it. If Sony wants to combine the talents of MM and tgc for this game, I'm all for it. That will be my most anticipated simulation game of the generation.

Bad Vita sales
It's a shame that the Vita isn't doing as well as other handhelds, but Sony seems to almost EXPECT that the Vita is a niche device. Maybe the Vita needs a Hello Kitty Edition to appeal more to children. As for Titanfall Vita??!!! I wouldn't buy it, but I think that would definitely open up the ecosystem to new gamers. My hypothesis is that Vita gamers aren't the same bro-shooter fans that saturate the console market; they're the gamers who spend their extra money on new games all the time instead of buying the same 2 or 3 games every year. Again, on Titanfall; I don't think Vita is a great console for online play. Ragnarok Odyssey was badass online, but the online isn't really that great for anything on Vita when I'm not at home.

Dan's Spiel
The Bandai Namco global gamers' event sounded like a nerve destroyer, but I'm really jealous. The whole "listen, play, ask more questions, write, and run to the next person" dynamic of events sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Fucking SEO & Embargoes
I don't know how the SEO is handled on PSLS, but I had an incredibly long winded lecture from an E-Business Professor about the logistics behind SEO. Obviously not every search engine uses the same distinct algorithms, but Google and Bing have been tweaked to try and include more bang for your buck in the past year. That means - "Google-bombing" and being the first one out there doesn't always give you the most hits. Google, specifically, attempts to pull pages with the most relevant content and matching meta data attributes. I don't know if you guys (or even Sev) manage that, but those are all things to consider.

On another note, that's hilarious that Bandai Namco somehow messed up and broke their own embargo, especially considering how so many sites want to be the first to announce important shit that makes people read, like Tales of Heart R on Vita.

Tales of Hearts R on Vita in US
Morgan seemed to think that this was the game for him. I couldn't find a video of this one. :(

I'm still awake

Grid Autosport (PS3)
I'm going to agree that this should have been on PS4 and then backported (is that a word yet?) to PS3. Backporting sounds like a genius way to sell more software. This video is for the PC version, but damn, it looks PS4-ready!

Lords of the Fallen (PS4)
Is this like a Dark Souls boss battle game? It really does have a serious Dark Souls look to it, and it looks like it might be a lot of fun! If not, then it at least looks interesting.

Chandler living out his games through D'yani is funny. I do that sometimes, too. My wife played South Park and like a million LBP levels before me.

Enemy Front PS3 WWII bro-shooter starring a reporter?
Meh.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
I have a friend who buys every title in this series. If this his online play, then I might get it to play against him. I'm not a Naruto fan, but I mostly attribute that to it running at almost the same length as One Piece at present. That's too long.

One Piece Ultimate World Red:
One Piece, like I said, is a significant contributing factor to me not watching Naruto. I'm over 600 episodes deep into this anime, and the last two DW mashups with One Piece (Pirate Warriors 1 and 2) were much better than previous One Piece titles. I'm on this shit.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam bullshit
No. I've played one or two of these titles, and they mess with the formula too much. That's funny that Chandler was impressed with flying robots, though. Too bad that this could be a testbed for new things. I would much rather have God of War Ghost: Robot Edition.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle
This game looks like one of the 6 DBZ fighting games that they keep recycling, except I don't know any of the characters. I'll pass.

Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day
I'm preordering this game. I did a Google search to try and figure out wtf Dan was saying, and it led me to a video that Bandai Namco put up on their website. The animation is incredibly reminiscent of my favorite anime, Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl in NA), and the gameplay looks frustratingly fast enough to be interesting. I'm actually really surprised that it isn't coming out on PS4... or is it?

Soul Calibur Lost Swords came out on PS3 this week. It's a free-to-play fighting game that's coming out on Vita soon, but why? Why couldn't it just be a Vita exclusive?

Attachments

• jojosbizarreadventureallstarbattle-hero.jpg
    jojosbizarreadventureallstarbattle-hero.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1
  • soul calibur.jpg
    soul calibur.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1
@stolenxnametag - Nice work!

Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day - The only thing from that trailer that we got to see was the last part of the trailer. The girl with the patch, her and her friends, getting ready for work, then walking to work. After about 5 to 10 mins, then it drops you into the runner, no explanation.

@SightfulRage - Looking forward to hear what you have to say.

Bah, I had so many comments while listening but I was waiting for @stolenxnametag to write the epic commentary post before creating a thread. I'll just piggy back here after I re-listen and gather my thoughts.
I take notes while listening. I decided to find trailers and make it pretty since @Dan Oravasaari and @Chandler Wood mentioned my commentaries in it. hahaha

@stolenxnametag - Nice work!

Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day - The only thing from that trailer that we got to see was the last part of the trailer. The girl with the patch, her and her friends, getting ready for work, then walking to work. After about 5 to 10 mins, then it drops you into the runner, no explanation.
That violin gun looks badass, too. Also, the giant chomping bear chasing her reminded me of those epic tower-climbing boss battles in Catherine. I hope the game is as fun as it looks. The story may even be noteworthy, who knows?

The anime aspect is pretty awesome and would be the selling point for me. The early gameplay was just broken down into jump, attack and slide, which didn't really keep my interest for more than about a minute.

PSNow
Give me a 24 hour rental period and I will beat a good portion of most games single player experiences. I can see the PS Now service giving me a reason to try out games I would never have given a chance to with a <2.00 price point but the longer it takes for them to release the service, the more I accumulate a decent backlog of ps3 games, the less interested I'm becoming with the service. And If I'm going to play a game for 30 days, I'd rather buy it outright. I don't procrastinate when it comes to gaming so 7/30 day options aren't going to be viable for me.

Dragon Age
It does look amazing but while watching the trailer I got a hint of boredom in my stomach during some of the scenes that seemed to show game play. I have little interest in it as of now but if it turns out to be great, I might wait for a price drop and give it a shot. Nothing is clicking within me to give that thing a shot at full retail.

I fell asleep during a big chunk of the middle section.

Lords of the Fallen
I'm not big into dark souls games. I'd played the first one sort of. My friend basically walked me through the entire play through till his xbox live sub ended which in turn ended my desire to play any further. But I can see myself attempting to play this. I really liked how the trailer showed off different scenarios with the same enemy depending on the character class that went into battle.

After hearing the description, I thought it was going to be a 3rd person action rpg type. but I knew that it was going to be something completely random. I'm looking forward to @stolenxnametag review on this :p

And in closing, I will let @Dan Oravasaari's comments about the Hobbit stream speak for itself. o_O

The anime aspect is pretty awesome and would be the selling point for me. The early gameplay was just broken down into jump, attack and slide, which didn't really keep my interest for more than about a minute.
If you were to take a guess, how much would you say this game will cost when it comes out? Is it a $15-$30 game or $60?

PSNow
Give me a 24 hour rental period and I will beat a good portion of most games single player experiences. I can see the PS Now service giving me a reason to try out games I would never have given a chance to with a <2.00 price point but the longer it takes for them to release the service, the more I accumulate a decent backlog of ps3 games, the less interested I'm becoming with the service. And If I'm going to play a game for 30 days, I'd rather buy it outright. I don't procrastinate when it comes to gaming so 7/30 day options aren't going to be viable for me.

Dragon Age
It does look amazing but while watching the trailer I got a hint of boredom in my stomach during some of the scenes that seemed to show game play. I have little interest in it as of now but if it turns out to be great, I might wait for a price drop and give it a shot. Nothing is clicking within me to give that thing a shot at full retail.

I fell asleep during a big chunk of the middle section.

Lords of the Fallen
I'm not big into dark souls games. I'd played the first one sort of. My friend basically walked me through the entire play through till his xbox live sub ended which in turn ended my desire to play any further. But I can see myself attempting to play this. I really liked how the trailer showed off different scenarios with the same enemy depending on the character class that went into battle.

After hearing the description, I thought it was going to be a 3rd person action rpg type. but I knew that it was going to be something completely random. I'm looking forward to @stolenxnametag review on this :p

And in closing, I will let @Dan Oravasaari's comments about the Hobbit stream speak for itself. o_O

PS Now - This is exactly the big issue for a rental service, and something we brought up in Daily Reaction some time ago. Any new product that gets placed on a rental service will run the risk of having their adoption rate lowered, as well as their revenue stream. Shorter games and single player games will feel the brunt of something like this more than something that is multiplayer. Which depending on how Sony utilizes their catalog/pricing could be a big issue and inadvertently ruin the prosperity of those types of games.

Lords of the Fallen - From what I can tell, it isn't overly Dark Souls, in that it doesn't seek to kill you at every turn, but in that it will challenge the oblivious.

Ranko - Me too.

If you were to take a guess, how much would you say this game will cost when it comes out? Is it a $15-$30 game or $60?

Well, it all depends on if that game style is the same for all 4 different parts, but I don't think they could do much more than $40 without beefing it up on the other games. I wouldn't even consider it for more than $20 based off of the short time I had with it, but I care not for 2D runners.

Well, it all depends on if that game style is the same for all 4 different parts, but I don't think they could do much more than $40 without beefing it up on the other games. I wouldn't even consider it for more than $20 based off of the short time I had with it, but I care not for 2D runners.
I'm not incredibly familiar with runners, but this game trailer made the genre look appealing to me. I'm cautiously optimistic with my expectations with this one. For what sounds like a mid-grade PSN game, I'm pretty excited even if it sucks.

I'm not incredibly familiar with runners, but this game trailer made the genre look appealing to me. I'm cautiously optimistic with my expectations with this one. For what sounds like a mid-grade PSN game, I'm pretty excited even if it sucks.
No, it sucks. No no, it could be a great game and i'm sure it will make more sense once I get to actually see what is going on with it, more than a few mins of a cross section. I am sure people will love it, even if I don't.

@Dan Oravasaari Just because I'm lazy, could you recap how much (if any at all) "hands on" time you had with the games.
We had about 40 mins, maybe a little bit more to play everything in one go. Mind you this was a also sharing with a group of about 10 other people in my group. So, for Ranko it was probably about 10+ since no one had any clue WTF.

Some games did have full on presentations for them, so it wasn't like that was it. Ranko, was sadly, not one of those.

We had about 40 mins, maybe a little bit more to play everything in one go. Mind you this was a also sharing with a group of about 10 other people in my group. So, for Ranko it was probably about 10+ since no one had any clue WTF.

Some games did have full on presentations for them, so it wasn't like that was it. Ranko, was sadly, not one of those.

I forgot where I was going with my follow up. Rayman Legends ruins me once more.... I'll get back to you once I figure it out.

Update:
I just found this while researching the game some more. Short Peace is a 4-part anime film series made by the creator of Akira. Ranko, the fifth part, is a game instead of a movie, and it's directed by Goichi Suda (Suda 51). It's already available in Japan and Europe, but is only announced for Spring 2014 in North America; no other tentative dates have been set yet. If I'm understanding this article correctly, the game will come either come bundled with, or release at the same time as, the four movies. The Sentai Filmworks store's website, however, has Short Peace releasing separately on blu ray in August.

This keeps getting more complicated. I just want to preorder this shit!

Update:
I just found this while researching the game some more. Short Peace is a 4-part anime film series made by the creator of Akira. Ranko, the fifth part, is a game instead of a movie, and it's directed by Goichi Suda (Suda 51). It's already available in Japan and Europe, but is only announced for Spring 2014 in North America; no other tentative dates have been set yet. If I'm understanding this article correctly, the game will come either come bundled with, or release at the same time as, the four movies. The Sentai Filmworks store's website, however, has Short Peace releasing separately on blu ray in August.

This keeps getting more complicated. I just want to preorder this shit!
Since you put it that way, I don't know how I didn't catch all of that from a lonely kiosk. *Hangs head in shame*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"