Bad Gamers Ep. 71: An Unexpected Journey

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
Bad Gamers Episode 70
This week on Bad Gamers, @Dan Oravasaari and @Chandler Wood how badly they feel about everything in the games industry. Jebediah Wood makes a special appearance, and Captain Morgan is replaced by a sleeping Ivy, whose voice we've yet to hear on Bad Gamers. Also, I might have been invited to be a special guest?

BG-71.png
This guy is doing something pretty badly.

Transistor
PSLS always has what I consider to be solid, credible, and objective game reviews. @D'yani's new review of Transistor is no exception, and it might even be setting the bar a bit high for the rest of you reviewers! I've been saying that PSLS could use a woman's touch (Sebastian might have filled that gap when he was here, but he's not anymore), and D'yani's first two reviews have been great (Transistor, Child of Light).

Interviews
Way to call Dan out on developers leaving the games industry, Chandler! HAHAHA

So how do you guys reach out to these developers to get interviews with them? Is this done through social media, do you exchange contact info at conferences, or is there some other approved method that is probably a mystery?

Soul Sacrifice Delta
If it comes out for free on PS Plus, I wouldn't be too surprised. Didn't Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen come out for free on PS Plus?

Evergreen Plus Games on Vita
I would like to see some replacement titles show up on Plus, but I can't really think of what would be good enough to replace them without them being brand new titles. My backlog is well past full, and I still haven't played Uncharted.

Wolfenstein Review
Did you guys get blacklisted?

wolfenstein.jpg
Wolfenstein: The New Order will be the first Wolfenstein release in Germany, though the Nazis are referred to instead as "the regime."

Sports Games Getting a Yearly Release
I still think a great idea would be to make a service-oriented release schedule. They should make a solid engine, and release expansions for games as time passes, and save new standalone titles for once they've come up with new engines, better content, and enhanced features. You can only innovate so much without fundamentally destroying a title, so why not work with what you have until you have something new to bring to the table?

Fake Watch Dogs Reviews
Clickbait journalism sucks, but I'm really wondering what sort of gaming credibility the author has. I'm also wondering how this game is going to be once it officially releases. I don't really want to play it, but I'll definitely be watching some livestreamers on Twitch.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Hobbit's Creed? I would be so down for this! I saw a preview for this in Game Informer maybe a year or so ago, and it looked pretty badass! I'd like to say that I'm going to pick it up one day, but I'm actually going to wait for a review on this one. Let's hope a delay doesn't happen on this one.
Also, I would love to see some PSLS readers post videos on the forums all Frodo-wigged and parkouring.

The Division Delay
I didn't know this was a multiplayer game from Ubisoft. I'll pass on it. Their servers always suck.

Geoff Keighley's Rumor Mill
So according to Dan, Geoff Keighley is the Paris Hilton of games journalism. I'm not a Photoshop wizard, but I would love to see this turned into concept art.

geoff keighley.png + Paris_Hilton_21_8505.jpg = ???

The PS4 is Still Under-Supplied?

Holy shit, that's awesome for Sony! I really wish their non-gaming divisions were doing that well. When I read that Sony's execs took a 50% pay cut, that was really bittersweet for me. It sucks that they were put into that position, but it's awesome that they felt compelled to show that sort of dedication to the company and its other employees. Maybe Sony should shift their overproduction of low-selling products into PS4 production instead...?

kazuo-hirai.jpg
This would be a good product to slow the production of in favor of PS4 production.

Far Cry 4
Dan liked the solid improvements from earlier Far Cry titles when he played Far Cry 3, and then he got gamer ADHD. If Far Cry 4 brings up more of these improvements, then maybe Chandler will play it for more than trophy reasons. :D
Naughty Dog: Jebediah Wood Makes a Return
The wordplay of these developers kills me sometimes. I'm going to throw this up onto the skeptical "overhype" section of my thought catalog, next to a lot of things that Hideo Kojima says, instead of the "I can't wait" section with the things that Media Molecule says.

While a football RPG is definitely appealing to me as a non-sports gamer, The Last of Us: Blood Dragon is among my most anticipated titles to be revealed at E3 this year, along with a Square Enix presentation hopefully showing a release date for KHIII or FFXV and SCEJ maybe showing off something about The Last Guardian.

NoctisPBE.png

Rockstar at E3

I'm a hater. @Lifewish is normally that guy in this community, but I'll take the thunder from him when it comes to Rockstar Games. I would rather go with the nude red head on Vita. When is she being released? Are we getting Nude Red Head Redemption on Vita? I guess if Rockstar Games makes that, I'll stop complaining about them all the time.

Hunger
I can't wait to see what this game is all about. In the header image from the reveal, it seems that the smoker lady may have forgotten to put on her over-the-shoulder boulder holders, but I would argue that her NSFW presence is easily disguised by her super lumpy figure.
Hunger-concept.png
That kid's like, "Sweet tits, sweetheart."
Bad Gamers Guest Spot?
I would be down for that one day / night. When do you guys record? Message or email me (I think you both have my email address), and we'll negotiate this.

Last edited:
So how do you guys reach out to these developers to get interviews with them? Is this done through social media, do you exchange contact info at conferences, or is there some other approved method that is probably a mystery?

We actually just play spin the bottle at events and see where things go from there. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"