Bad Gamers Ep. 77: Destiny Beta Code Giveaway, Pre-Order Bonuses and Two Special Guest Hosts

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
BG-77.png

On this week's Bad Gamers podcast, @Dan Oravasaari and @Chandler Wood invite a drunken @D'yani back to record, and they lead me into an unscripted path, as I drone about how much I hate robots and wasting away through bad games.

Destiny LifeStyle
Head over to our forum thread to learn about how you can win a beta code for Destiny.

Battleborn
This game seems to be some sort of FPS-MOBA from Gearbox, or some other genre-bender featuring what look like Azeroth's Blood Elves and the Internet's Slenderman. Take a look:

GameStop + Development?
GameStop wants to get involved in games development, which we believe might or might not lead to everyone else getting duped with their preorder bonuses. Dan also details the "Fuck You Look".

Censorship of The Evil Within in Japan
In the Japanese version of The Evil Within, some things are going to be toned down a bit, but DLC can be obtained for those who want the full version. Maybe this is a poor business model, but maybe it's genius?

Mighty No. 9
Might No. 9 is going to be a cartoon... in a few years. I zoned out for a minute while they talked about tv and games working together.

(Dan missed the perfect segue about an outreach program for gamers, aka: Chandler's ExtraLife interview.)

Destiny Editions
Bungie has announced a bunch of ridiculously overpriced editions of the game that feature a whole bunch of stuff that might or might not be worth the money. You decide. Personally, I'll consider the Digital Guardian version for $89.99, which includes the game, an expansion pass, and some extra content. For everyone considering the $99.99 and $149.99, you can read about them here.

The Last of Us: Remastered
It's still happening soon, but it's because many Sony gamers haven't played it yet. We all unanimously agree that it is a game.

Cliffy B. < Martin Lawrence
Dan likes to play Gears of War, but the thought of Jazz Jackrabbit (voiced by Martin Lawrence) starring in the next gears game (Codenamed: Blue Streak) by BossKey is magnificent! Hopefully it'll look like old-school Zelda.

Jazz-cover.jpg

Sniper Elite 3 Doesn't Deserve a Break
Dan thinks that this game was an okay game with a terrible story and bad character development. Despite the people who think he should cut it a break since not so many of these games exist, he doesn't care. The save function is broken and inconsistent as well. The moral of the story: as a paying gamer, you are allowed to ask for better.

The killcam is awesome, but would be cooler if it was in real life and followed you to the kitchen all the time.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn
Despite how fun Chandler's DW: Gundam Reborn review made the game sound, I really don't like robots. Dan was pissed off to learn that I don't like Transformers, I don't like Gundam, and I don't like Terminators (though The Terminator series is great; I just don't like the robots). Somebody remind me to watch Pacific Rim sometime.

Blue Estate and the Things Devs Don't See
Speaking of asking for more, D'yani did a drunken review of why this game didn't live up to any of its potential at all. Sad. A rail shooter with no Move support and no PS4 camera support for added accuracy via DS4. Maybe they'll patch it and make it better, but ... maybe not?

End Note
Thanks for having me on the podcast, guys! If you guys invite me back, maybe I'll remember talk more and won't sound ill! :D

It was a very fun show and we were happy to have you on! Thanks for taking the time, not to mention all these recaps you do! It's awesome!

Oh, @stolenxnametag after we talked about FFX, I had to get back into it this week. Locked down a pretty solid method for building up Tidus, Wakka, and Auron now, Tidus is almost completely full on his sphere grid, I can usually get about 50 to 80 sphere levels per Don Tonberry battle each character.

I've been trying to refresh the blitzball tourney to get the Aurochs Reels, but I can't get them to show up as a prize!

Oh, @stolenxnametag after we talked about FFX, I had to get back into it this week. Locked down a pretty solid method for building up Tidus, Wakka, and Auron now, Tidus is almost completely full on his sphere grid, I can usually get about 50 to 80 sphere levels per Don Tonberry battle each character.

I've been trying to refresh the blitzball tourney to get the Aurochs Reels, but I can't get them to show up as a prize!
I finally maxed Auron's level, so my sphere grids are complete now! I beat all of the Dark Aeons last night, so I have to find Penance and ... make the Eternal Calm happen.

To get the Aurochs Reels to show up, I waited until a season ended, and saved the game. When I went to look at the new prizes, I would restart my save if the Reels weren't there.

I finally maxed Auron's level, so my sphere grids are complete now! I beat all of the Dark Aeons last night, so I have to find Penance and ... make the Eternal Calm happen.

To get the Aurochs Reels to show up, I waited until a season ended, and saved the game. When I went to look at the new prizes, I would restart my save if the Reels weren't there.
That's what I'm doing. How many times did it take you?

That's what I'm doing. How many times did it take you?
Too many. hahaha

Then again, I messed up and ended up grinding through a lot of Blitzball games until I got most of the Aurochs into the 20s, and I unlocked most of the abilities for Tidus. I'm not sure of the real requirements for it to show, but some people on various forums / guides are saying that you have to fight 450 battles with Wakka before it'll show up. Good luck!

Too many. hahaha

Then again, I messed up and ended up grinding through a lot of Blitzball games until I got most of the Aurochs into the 20s, and I unlocked most of the abilities for Tidus. I'm not sure of the real requirements for it to show, but some people on various forums / guides are saying that you have to fight 450 battles with Wakka before it'll show up. Good luck!
I still have yet to beat the damn thing, you are both nuts.

Too many. hahaha

I just reset Blitz data and it was the first prize that showed up. Need to go re recruit a team and get them now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"