Biggest Disappointment?

Mine would have to be Lair, hands down. The concept of the game had so much promise, and it failed miserably IMO. I mean any game that has you flying a dragon is awesome by default, but you throw in some horrible controls at launch, and it can hurt the game dramatically.

********1.DmC
2.DDR
3. Resident evil 5
4. The Move (as lifewish said, it had so much potential but they just didn't try)
5.Remember Me
6. Resident Evil: operation raccoon city
7.Tekken 6
8. Resident Evil: (whatever the hell the new one is called)
9. Eye Pet
10.Wet

I know not everybody will agree, but this is just my opinion on what disappointed me.

I didn't even think about the PS Move. I bought that accessory day one, and barely used the damn thing. So much wasted money....

I didn't even think about the PS Move. I bought that accessory day one, and barely used the damn thing. So much wasted money....

I'd have to agree with you about the PS Move. I bought 2 controllers and nav sticks, and have maybe used it 5-6 times. The most I probably used it for was Heavy Rain a few years ago and it's just sat and collected dust ever since. Big disappointment for me.

I used PS Move a ton. I primarily used it for games like Killzone 3. It was insane how precise it was for shooters.

I have few right now
5) The Vita Memory cards.... Micro SD or Memory Stick Duo/Micro Memory Stick would have been better
4) The PS Move aka We needed a Wii killer
3) The fact that most Playstation owners only seem to play COD or Madden while ignoring the exclusives
2) DmC... This game was example on how to not piss off the fans and outsourcing gone wrong. Capcom was hoping that Ninja Theory can make the game on the cheap while making graphics look good enough to attract the general public into believing that the game looked amazing. To me game looked like crap, played worst, and the story was worst then the script of Star Trek V.
1) The Final F***ing Fantasy XIII trilogy. That should have NEVER happened sadly because the creators of the first game able to were cut out soooo much content from the first gane that they were quoted to have enough content to create two more games...... two games that most of the fan base didn't want, asked, or gave two craps about and yet they existed.

I disagree with the DMC hate, I really enjoyed that game, but yoo each their own.

I will agree with the move though, I used kl mine for the first week, then nothing. Sold it awhile ago.

LA Noire, definitely. The story inconsistency, unclear mechanics (the line between Lie and Doubt was insanely unclear at times), shoehorned shooting and free roam missions, and generally uneventful sandbox really left a bad taste in my mouth after I had been hyping up the game for years. I pretty much keep every game that has entered my PS3 collection, but I had to get rid of LA Noire as soon as I beat it. One of only 3 games I've refused to add to my collection.

Starhawk also disappointed me, but the problems weren't really with the game itself but with the fact that it never built a community like Warhawk did. It was still a great premise with amazing multiplayer but it was DOA because Sony can't market for shit.

I won't say DmC because my expectations of it were already low, in fact in exceeded my expectations because it turned out to be somewhat playable. Devil May Cry 4, on the other hand, disappointed me because of all the content that was cut. Still put over 100 hours on it.

On the non-Sony side of things, I have to say that Metroid: Other M deserves a dishonorable mention for completely destroying any credibility that my favorite series once had.

Resi 6
Arkham origins
Tlou replayability
Move
Steady rise of psn game prices
La noir
God of war ascension
Grid 2
Spy hunter vita

Last edited:
. Devil May Cry 4, on the other hand, disappointed me because of all the content that was cut. Still put over 100 hours on it.

the only reason so much was cut was because Crapcom wanted to appease Microsoft, if it weren't for the 360 version we probably would've had more in it.

the only reason so much was cut was because Crapcom wanted to appease Microsoft, if it weren't for the 360 version we probably would've had more in it.
That's hearsay, Capcom are known for their stupid decisions and unrealistic development schedules and they obviously cut Itsuno's time and budget early in development. At any rate, Capcom's MT Framework is a PC engine that allowed for easier porting to consoles so if anything the PS3 port is probably what took the most time and effort to develop anyway. Had the game remained PS3 exclusive then I might agree with you, but let's be completely honest here and admit that the PS3 had a smaller install base and a ridiculous price point at the time and going multiplat was a rational choice in order to appeal to the widest audience possible. I'll jump on the "MS/Capcom suck" bandwagon almost every other time, but that doesn't apply for DMC4.​

Resi 6

Tlou replayability

I agree with Resident Evil 6, but really that series has been going downhill for awhile now. On the topic of The Last of Us replayability, what did you expect? I mean I know people love to play games multiple times, but I never figured this game would have much replay value from the start. It wasn't an inFAMOUS type game where you had a lot of decisions to make.

I agree with Resident Evil 6, but really that series has been going downhill for awhile now. O. n the topic of The Last of Us replayability, what did you expect? I mean I know people love to play games multiple times, but I never figured this game would have much replay value from the start. It wasn't an inFAMOUS type game where you had a lot of decisions to make.
Well, if its a good game, i should enjoy playing it at least twice, right? I played GOW like 80 times! No decisions in that game, either. And Tlou trophy list calls for 3 playthroughs, and that's why im only at 5% on it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"