Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Just watched it yesterday, I thought it was a good movie. But, I will say that I think the amount of "hey you remember Bucky? Yeah, don't worry, there is no reason why we are reminding you of his loss every 10 seconds and it has nothing to do with the new guy called Winter Soldier....o_O" got really annoying and wasted a bit too much time. I understand that not everyone may have seen the first film, but really, who goes to watch the sequel without watching the first film? Stop wasting my time pandering to the uber casual, who couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the franchise.

I hate that every character refers to him as Bucky when his real name is James, seriously even in Agents of Shield the wall of valor-type memorial has the guy listed as Bucky Barnes. You'd think if Steve was so close to James he'd at least be able to remember the guy's name. I've seen the movie as well and yeah it turns out Bucky and Winter Soldier have nothing in common, in fact The Winter Soldier is actually a washed out actor called Mickey Truman.

But yeah the whole twist crap did get a little old in the film seeing as most of us knew who Winter Soldier was. I was also hoping that storyline would be resolved rather then having to put up with Winter Soldier for another movie. Also here's hoping Age of Ultron shows us an evil killer robot fighting with The Avengers instead of random associated bad guys (who all die phantom menace style when the mother ship explodes)

I hate that every character refers to him as Bucky when his real name is James, seriously even in Agents of Shield the wall of valor-type memorial has the guy listed as Bucky Barnes. You'd think if Steve was so close to James he'd at least be able to remember the guy's name. I've seen the movie as well and yeah it turns out Bucky and Winter Soldier have nothing in common, in fact The Winter Soldier is actually a washed out actor called Mickey Truman.

But yeah the whole twist crap did get a little old in the film seeing as most of us knew who Winter Soldier was. I was also hoping that storyline would be resolved rather then having to put up with Winter Soldier for another movie. Also here's hoping Age of Ultron shows us an evil killer robot fighting with The Avengers instead of random associated bad guys (who all die phantom menace style when the mother ship explodes)

I see where you are both coming from. With that said, I look at it from a more business standpoint than fan standpoint (for whatever it's worth). They want to make as much money as possible, which means pandering to the casual fans without pissing off the hardcore supporters. It seems to be working. Marvel has been hitting home runs for years now money wise.

The thing is though it's not just in the movies, in the comics the other characters refer to James Barnes as Bucky even though it's just a nickname that Steve gave him to the point where that's how they refer to him at his funeral when he dies in Fear Itself, you'd think Steve would give the guy's full name considering how close they were.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"