Community podcast?

So who can I count on tomorrow night around 7 pm EST? Keep in mind we have game night starting at 8!

I was thinking about discussing games like Bloodborne and how they target a specific crowd of gamers, sales be damned. This is a case where the quality of game sold it instead of accessibility (although the slightly quicker gameplay style is more familiar to most). Games like Socom lost their way trying to make the gameplay more accessible instead of staying true to what gave them their identity. In that case, the series lost followers and the studio eventually closed (even though Unit 13 was great). Shadows of the Damned is another good example.

What are your guys' thoughts?

So who can I count on tomorrow night around 7 pm EST? Keep in mind we have game night starting at 8!

I was thinking about discussing games like Bloodborne and how they target a specific crowd of gamers, sales be damned. This is a case where the quality of game sold it instead of accessibility (although the slightly quicker gameplay style is more familiar to most). Games like Socom lost their way trying to make the gameplay more accessible instead of staying true to what gave them their identity. In that case, the series lost followers and the studio eventually closed (even though Unit 13 was great). Shadows of the Damned is another good example.

I finally don't have anything to build so I will be there at 6:30. And that sounds like a great topic.

If I can wake up in time, I'll be there! I totally agree with this. The slower gameplay really turned me off from the Souls games, particularly how the weight system worked in Demons Souls when you had to level up your stats to carry more stuff. Bloodborne is exactly what I wanted from a Souls game, even down to art direction.

I can't make it tomorrow, work is getting in the way. Good luck with the podcast tomorrow night though!

I'll try and be available next week.

What's up everybody?

Just trying to get a feel. Who can do the podcast tonight (Tuesday) around 7? It seems like we are having trouble getting everyone involved in the Thursday time slot. Would Tuesday work better?

Also, Hugo suggested we start using soundcloud. I haven't looked into it too much but it sounds like the better way to go especially since Hugo will be doing the editing going forward. Feel free to expand on this Hugo!

Well post your thoughts and hopefully we can record tonight. Thanks!

Yea soundcloud is easy. You can make a free account, and just make sure you set your tracks to allow downloads. That'll be easier than everyone having to email me the audio.

I'm gonna post the completed podcasts on soundcloud as well. I'll leave links once they're done. I just need brian's audio from last week and I'll post the last 2 episodes

I'll be available at 7 tonight. Hopefully me and Stephen aren't the only ones

Episode 4

https://soundcloud.com/hugostiglitz_420/playstation-lifestyle-community-podcast-episode-4
player

player

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks Hugo!

Hey since Hugo and I have been left hanging on podcast nights recently, I was wondering if everyone could give us a round about schedule for nights and times they are free to record. We have the system good enough to post these now so I would love if we could post weekly and get more people involved! So let me know what works best so we can get this train movin!

Awesome! Thanks Hugo!

Hey since Hugo and I have been left hanging on podcast nights recently, I was wondering if everyone could give us a round about schedule for nights and times they are free to record. We have the system good enough to post these now so I would love if we could post weekly and get more people involved! So let me know what works best so we can get this train movin!

This sounds best. I'll get back to you guys on that whenever I get my new schedule.

Sorry, it's been a hectic couple weeks but again, barring unforeseen personal issues I will be here this week. I'm also up for either Tuesday or Thursday, the day doesn't really matter much to me.

Sorry, it's been a hectic couple weeks but again, barring unforeseen personal issues I will be here this week. I'm also up for either Tuesday or Thursday, the day doesn't really matter much to me.

Sounds good! We are talking on the PlayStation app at the moment. Thursday works better for me but I can do whichever works for Hugo.

Tonight might not work for me. I got a new roommate moving in and podcasting may be impossible tonight. I'll keep you guys posted though

Also, Brian I still need your audio from the last podcast.

Sounds awesome! Great work Hugo!

The next episodes will sound better lol I had a lot of issues with my PC last night. I would've got all 3 episodes done if it weren't for my PoS laptop misbehaving all last night. I'm switching to my desktop to do the next 2 episodes. It's a lot faster and won't freeze up all the time.

Brian's audio had a ton of clipping everytime he spoke so I just want to remind everyone to keep an eye out for that. To check your levels, there's an arrow under the mic meter, click start monitoring. That way you can see your levels even if you're not recording.

We really appreciate the audio help Hugo! Thanks again!

How are files hosted on Soundcloud? Do we have a channel specific for PSLS Underground?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"