Deleting a game that your PS4 wont let you delete.

Shawdad

PSLS Level: Bronze
How do I do it? The game is Lego Batman beyond Gotham. It is a digital download that somehow became corrupted in the download process. I'm trying to delete it but when I attempt to, it just completely freezes up my PS4 and I have to pull the plug. Which, of course, the PS4 does not like.

I don't have any definitive solution, but as far as I can tell, you can never quite 100% delete a game once you download it. I mean, yeah, you can remove the content from your hard drive, but you'll forever have a link in your library to re-download the game. Perhaps that is a part of the problem...? Have you tried just re-downloading the game? If you're lucky, maybe the system would either continue the download where it left off before the malfunction or delete the already-downloaded content and start anew. ...Maybe.

On a somewhat related note: Does anyone know how to delete a screenshot that's permanently "in use"? I uploaded a screenshot from DCUOnline a while back, and later deleted the game, but the image continues to have the 'uploading' status on it, and refuses to let me delete it because the system thinks the file is still in use. I've power cycled my system and network a number of times by now, after the past few PSN issues, yet this problem persists. :S

Never had either of those problems.

For problem number 1, I'd probably just back up all my saves, and take that time to upgrade my HDD to a 2TB HDD XD

For problem that poster number 2 is having I'd probably.... check the notifications try and delete it there?

Maybe you should go into the secret menu, and have it do a defrag or what ever that thing it does is.

Just don't format it. That will delete everything.

For problem that poster number 2 is having I'd probably.... check the notifications try and delete it there?
It took some digging, but that did the trick, actually. Thanks a bunch.

So yeah, for future reference: If an upload fails, delete the notification before trying to do anything else with the image/video.

It took some digging, but that did the trick, actually. Thanks a bunch.

So yeah, for future reference: If an upload fails, delete the notification before trying to do anything else with the image/video.
I tend to figure out how to fix problems because I tend to play with things and look at things, and hit options on everything to see what options I get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"