Destiny Alpha

I get their point, but seriously??! How are you going to say, "You know what? This spectacular-looking AAA game isn't for me," because of no split screen. That's disgusting.
Because sometimes graphics isn't as important as wanting to play with a spouse or friend without spending hundreds of dollars.

If I wanted to buy 2 copies of a console, and 2 copies of a game, I'd just buy my wife and I better computers and we'd play like that.

I might not buy it either because of lack of split-screen. What's the point in playing it if my wife is watching me have fun and then goes "Can we play Borderlands?"

To be honest the Beta SHOULD transfer to the main game.

Why?

Well because if you pre-order you can play the Beta.

So someone can pre-order at gamestop, get their code, play it, and then cancel their pre-order. Same as on Amazon.

So basically you are kinda buying the game (without having to spend full money) and you're playing content for a month or so, WHY should you lose ALL progress and have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN merely because you weren't willing to put down $5.00

It is a somewhat equal playing field. Lots of people can put down $5.00 now and save up $60 till the game releases. Not everyone can just dump $60 when it comes out if they aren't sure if they'll like it.

So unless there's some game breaking money glitch or something... keep the progress. In 2 or 3 weeks that "equal playing field" won't exist, so don't make us redo 3-5 weeks worth of play all over again for pretend fairness that doesn't exist.

You're just all kinds of wrong on this one, Makai. Testing phases are for testing. Period. If you don't want to help out by testing and merely want to play, wait for the game. There is no need or requirement for character progress at any beta stage to roll over into gold release. You haven't bought anything yet. You've merely promised to buy it with that $5.

The split-screen issue isn't about graphics. HUGE misinformation around the net on that one. It is about game performance. The game simply can't run as well utilizing split-screen considering your one machine would potentially have to process you on the moon and your wife on Mars at the same time. Not only that, but it has to run all the assets and other players who may be in your respective areas. It just isn't a worthwhile aspect to implement in this instance.

You're just all kinds of wrong on this one, Makai. Testing phases are for testing. Period. If you don't want to help out by testing and merely want to play, wait for the game. There is no need or requirement for character progress at any beta stage to roll over into gold release. You haven't bought anything yet. You've merely promised to buy it with that $5.

The split-screen issue isn't about graphics. HUGE misinformation around the net on that one. It is about game performance. The game simply can't run as well utilizing split-screen considering your one machine would potentially have to process you on the moon and your wife on Mars at the same time. Not only that, but it has to run all the assets and other players who may be in your respective areas. It just isn't a worthwhile aspect to implement in this instance.
It could work if they did it similarly to Borderlands and linked each of you to the same area. So if you are playing split screen, you both have to be on the same fireteam which keeps the two of you together.

It feels like Borderlands is always my go-to game on how to do split screen co-op right, because they got it right with implementing split screen and the ability to go online at the same time. And it still works great.

It could work if they did it similarly to Borderlands and linked each of you to the same area. So if you are playing split screen, you both have to be on the same fireteam which keeps the two of you together.

It feels like Borderlands is always my go-to game on how to do split screen co-op right, because they got it right with implementing split screen and the ability to go online at the same time. And it still works great.

To me that just limits the gameplay. More than likely you'll be doing the same objectives, but what happens when you've advanced past your partner? You'll end up having to wait on them in an area you have already covered. Either by split-screening and helping out or waiting offline until they catch up. Which would defeat the purpose to begin with.

Nothing I said is wrong.

If you pre-order digitally YOU HAVE bought the game and they ONLY have to refund your purchase IF it is required by law. Some people will only have promised to put down their $5. If they don't buy the game they can't play their character, so... People have dropped $60 bones on it so far.

Also I don't even know what you're talking about with you being on the moon and my wife being on Mars. When I went to the moon, someone was on my fireteam. When I went to the Earth their ship was there too, there's no way they could have followed me that quickly, and then they were there when I touched down on Earth. So it's already set up to where you stay in the same area online. People were showing up and then disappearing from my game. Nothing you said about the game makes the damndest bit of sense in the context of what I experienced.

Also if I have to wait for my wife to catch up, big deal. Do that on Borderlands 2 all the time. She'll go to the restroom, I'lll clear out an area, and then sometimes i come here and read a few posts and reply while I wait for her to catch up.

You tried to correct me but NOTHING here corrects me. It would not hurt MY experience. You may play your games differently, and waiting for your wife might not sound like fun, but neither is

"Hey hun can I play?"

"Sorry babe it has no co-op"

"Can you swap monitors so that I can watch Netflix?"

Then I have to unplug everything, swap the HDMI plugs, and then I can't really voice chat because netflix will be running. Or it could cause her to have huge dperession. my wife takes a lot of pills to keep herself together, so having co-op means the difference between playing it all the time, and playing it when I get around to it.

Nothing I said is wrong.

If you pre-order digitally YOU HAVE bought the game and they ONLY have to refund your purchase IF it is required by law. Some people will only have promised to put down their $5. If they don't buy the game they can't play their character, so... People have dropped $60 bones on it so far.

Also I don't even know what you're talking about with you being on the moon and my wife being on Mars. When I went to the moon, someone was on my fireteam. When I went to the Earth their ship was there too, there's no way they could have followed me that quickly, and then they were there when I touched down on Earth. So it's already set up to where you stay in the same area online. People were showing up and then disappearing from my game. Nothing you said about the game makes the damndest bit of sense in the context of what I experienced.

Also if I have to wait for my wife to catch up, big deal. Do that on Borderlands 2 all the time. She'll go to the restroom, I'lll clear out an area, and then sometimes i come here and read a few posts and reply while I wait for her to catch up.

You tried to correct me but NOTHING here corrects me. It would not hurt MY experience. You may play your games differently, and waiting for your wife might not sound like fun, but neither is

"Hey hun can I play?"

"Sorry babe it has no co-op"

"Can you swap monitors so that I can watch Netflix?"

Then I have to unplug everything, swap the HDMI plugs, and then I can't really voice chat because netflix will be running. Or it could cause her to have huge dperession. my wife takes a lot of pills to keep herself together, so having co-op means the difference between playing it all the time, and playing it when I get around to it.

You apparently didn't play the same game I did. If you choose to go one place and a member of your fireteam another, it takes you out of the fireteam.

Last time I checked, Destiny was $65.54. Not $5. Whatever, Makai. You just want to moan about something.

You apparently didn't play the same game I did. If you choose to go one place and a member of your fireteam another, it takes you out of the fireteam.

Last time I checked, Destiny was $65.54. Not $5. Whatever, Makai. You just want to moan about something.

Now, i have never pre-ordered a game online through Sony so i won't pretend to know what i'm talking about in that sense. But does it basically run the same way retail stores run pre-orders? Where they slap you with a minimum of 5 dollars to reserve your copy, and you can either pay as you wait for the game to come out or just pay the full amount right then and there?

Now, i have never pre-ordered a game online through Sony so i won't pretend to know what i'm talking about in that sense. But does it basically run the same way retail stores run pre-orders? Where they slap you with a minimum of 5 dollars to reserve your copy, and you can either pay as you wait for the game to come out or just pay the full amount right then and there?
When I preordered Killzone Shadow Fall on PSN, it asked for the full $60. I'm not sure if you're able to cancel PSN preorders, but it's been my experience that you have to pay the full amount up front.

When I preordered Killzone Shadow Fall on PSN, it asked for the full $60. I'm not sure if you're able to cancel PSN preorders, but it's been my experience that you have to pay the full amount up front.
You do. I don't believe you can cancel either, though I could be wrong.

You do. I don't believe you can cancel either, though I could be wrong.
In EU you can cancel fairly easily, with it being done essentially the same way you can cancel or stop auto-renew of PS+. In NA it's a bit more tricky as you have to call in and talk to someone and there's no guarantee they'll actually let you cancel it, which honestly needs to change.

I am not all kinds of wrong I think that I am covering a gambit of info from like game stop pre orders to PSN pre orders as well as numerous other regions where the laws are different.

all I am saying is a character wipe and no co-op is the difference between a pre order and waiting for a massive price drop and that in my opinion graphics alone are why I wouldn't be able to play destiny the way I want to experience it and thus I'm not buying it.

Now if I could play the same character from the beta to release THEN I might be tempted. Borferlands the pre-sequel is going to be the game I buy instead.

I am not all kinds of wrong I think that I am covering a gambit of info from like game stop pre orders to PSN pre orders as well as numerous other regions where the laws are different.

all I am saying is a character wipe and no co-op is the difference between a pre order and waiting for a massive price drop and that in my opinion graphics alone are why I wouldn't be able to play destiny the way I want to experience it and thus I'm not buying it.

Now if I could play the same character from the beta to release THEN I might be tempted. Borferlands the pre-sequel is going to be the game I buy instead.
But that's my issue with your statement. You are expecting them to carry over your character from Beta. A Beta is to fix things before the game launches that is it. Though on the live stream they have stated that there will be some rewards for those that play the game, no word as of yet what it will be though. And they have stated they are attempting to make it possible to carry over something for our work, my issue is that gamers as a whole expect this nowadays. You are getting early access to a game, that used to be enough for people.

But that's my issue with your statement. You are expecting them to carry over your character from Beta. A Beta is to fix things before the game launches that is it. Though on the live stream they have stated that there will be some rewards for those that play the game, no word as of yet what it will be though. And they have stated they are attempting to make it possible to carry over something for our work, my issue is that gamers as a whole expect this nowadays. You are getting early access to a game, that used to be enough for people.
Yeah but then after playing 10 hours of a game, and getting wiped, and then 10 hours of a game, and getting wiped, and then 20 hours of the game, and then getting wiped, do you really want to START OVER AGAIN!

Especially when the Start is all you had every time?

I got in the Beta, but it gets so hard to get motivated to play a character that's going to be a waste of time, when it's an MMO-Lite game that is designed to give you tons of content, and you've already got tons of other games (Borderlands Diablo 3, Final Fantasy XIV, that also want you to sink your time not to mention DC Universe Online and tons of others)

They also weren't sure if they were going to wipe characters. If there was a game breaking glitch they could just rectify that by limiting something like "If you have more than X amount of money, it will get reduced down to Y amount, this is because of a glitch that made it possible to get X too rapidly" or something.

You dont' have to throw the characters out with the bath water!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"