Destiny Beta thread

It is now being stated if you are PS Plus member then you get access to the beta, don't know if anyone said that on this thread. :)

It is now being stated if you are PS Plus member then you get access to the beta, don't know if anyone said that on this thread. :)
That's not true. There was a line on the EU blog that lead some to think that way and ran with it. But it meant that you would have access to all of the beta content, since PS+ is required on PS4 for the group content.

I'll be your lovable idiot. But how can I not find this other thread....I have a feeling Im going about this all wrong

Platform selection is now live. If you have registered a pre-order key go HERE and select your platform.

One thing new that came from this is that you'll supposedly receive three (3!) beta codes for your platform of choice. I'll have one, possibly two, PS4 codes available for anybody who needs one.

Still no internet for me, so my plan is to spend as much time as I can at my parents place and friends house to play some of the beta. I hope to see everyone online and I intend to stream a lot.

Beta starts tomorrow (some lucky bastards got early access today)! They apparently bumped the expected start time back 10 hours, it now starts at 10 am PST rather than midnight. The Bungie app for both Android and iOS have also been updated to the Destiny companion app.

I should have three to five NA PS4 codes to give out if anyone is still in need of one. Will hold on to them for 12 hours, after which I'll be giving them to Reddit.

Codes are now available at http://www.bungie.net/user/profile for those who registered their pre-order.

Initial download is around ~170 MB, after which you'll need to download another 11 GB before you can play.

I have five spare PS4 North American codes, PM me if you want one. Any remaining at midnight EST tonight will be given out elsewhere.

I am one of the lucky ones that received my free Beta code for PS4 from Sony without per-ordering.

I know Bungie said that the audio and visuals that were in the alpha would both be better in the beta, but I am surprised by just how much. I'm sure some people wont notice, but I do. The visuals just seem much clearer and sharper than the alpha. I think they must have been using a grain filter in the alpha.

Also noticing much shorter load times.

Loving the beta. Cant wait to play the complete game and level up beyond 8!:cool:

Last edited:
Just booted it up on my PS3 and BOY does it look like shit :D

EDIT: Pretty damn fun so far though. Love the minimalist UI

Last edited:
I played the Warlock in the Alpha to about level 6 but it didn't do much for me. So I started the Beta as a Hunter, and having a bit of knowledge of the surrounding from the Alpha i was able to do a bit more and experiment as well. I must say I enjoyed the Hunter way more than the Warlock. The Double Jump Kicks ass. I maxed him out at level 8 and then started a Titan so i could get a feel for all 3 classes. So far Ive played him to level 6 and enjoyed him but i think i still like the Hunter the best of all 3 classes.

Class Ranks
1. Hunter
2. Titan
3. Warlock

They've announced the details for the last day of the beta.

If you play tomorrow anytime from 2-6 pm PST you'll get the following emblem.
stress-participation-emblem.png

Iron Banner will be open.

Here's the biggie, the Moon! They first moon mission will be unlocked, but only for two hours.

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11963

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"