Disgaea 4

lol true. But im only maintaining my Vita collection. I got rid of my PS3 library & i have little attachment to my ps4 library.

I can't speak for D4, haven't played much lately (Danganronpa, Destiny, SAO,... Soul SacrificeD). But in D3 there was some levels where it was pretty easy to grind levels. Allowing you to max a character without too much hassle fairly quickly.

Not sure if Disgaea 4 has a level like that though

I can't speak for D4, haven't played much lately (Danganronpa, Destiny, SAO,... Soul SacrificeD). But in D3 there was some levels where it was pretty easy to grind levels. Allowing you to max a character without too much hassle fairly quickly.

Not sure if Disgaea 4 has a level like that though
Basically what you do is that you put staticians on items, to get an exp boost (not sure how many but they cap at 300 per stack and I forget if there's a dupe trick to make it go quicker or if you just spam reverse pirating and steal them) and then you go to Cave of Ordeals, and spam the levels with the "Stronger Enemies Bills" capped out and then every 1 minute the character you took there is lvl 9999.

Then you just reincarnate to get your bonus stats, bring them in, another minute 9999 again. So in half an hour to an hour they hit the hard cap of 259k levels. (250k stored levels that give you bonus stats and everything, and lvl 9999 active level) and then it's just time to gear up the rest of the way. (make sure to crank the stronger enemies bills back to normal though before attempting to fight Baal or something)

If your gear is strong enough, you can take a brand new character, gear them up (find a way to give them an AoE attack to hit all the enemies) and go at it.

Without the stronger enemy bills there's still stuff you can do to get capped out.

Also if you struggle getting the AoE down properly... you MIGHT (if your gear is good enough) be able to use a monster, as a weapon, or a mount and you could level up both simultaneously. Which means more for less.

I remember in Disgaea 3 there was a level with 3x3 enemies, and there was a fist skill that hit that exact pattern. Could wipe them out in 1 turn.

I really need to start putting more time into D4. August/Early Sept was my Xmas this year lol.

Basically what you do is that you put staticians on items, to get an exp boost (not sure how many but they cap at 300 per stack and I forget if there's a dupe trick to make it go quicker or if you just spam reverse pirating and steal them) and then you go to Cave of Ordeals, and spam the levels with the "Stronger Enemies Bills" capped out and then every 1 minute the character you took there is lvl 9999.

Then you just reincarnate to get your bonus stats, bring them in, another minute 9999 again. So in half an hour to an hour they hit the hard cap of 259k levels. (250k stored levels that give you bonus stats and everything, and lvl 9999 active level) and then it's just time to gear up the rest of the way. (make sure to crank the stronger enemies bills back to normal though before attempting to fight Baal or something)

If your gear is strong enough, you can take a brand new character, gear them up (find a way to give them an AoE attack to hit all the enemies) and go at it.

Without the stronger enemy bills there's still stuff you can do to get capped out.

Also if you struggle getting the AoE down properly... you MIGHT (if your gear is good enough) be able to use a monster, as a weapon, or a mount and you could level up both simultaneously. Which means more for less.

sounds very confusing to me.

sounds very confusing to me.
Staticians increase how much exp you get per kill.

You get them from item world which is a random dungeon inside of items.

Every 10 levels you can Reverse Pirate which is where you become a pirate and plunder and pilfer items and new residents like staticians or gladiators (gladiators raise attack stats)

When ever you want to you can do something called reincarnation. You basically take your character and reset them to lvl 1. They get a bonus for base stats based on what level they were when you reincarnated and how many times they have reincarnated.

You can take an Ice Mage for example, and Reincarnate to a Fire Mage. You can essentially have 1 character learn all the different spells. Then you can split the bonus points between strength and spells, and create a sword using mage.

The lvl 9999 is the level cap, but you get increased bonus stats, for chunks of stored levels (all the levels you have lost through reincarnation) to the point to where you have 250k stored up, plus the 9999 that you currently are. That's how you max a character out.

The game has crazy depth, and it can be a little overwhelming, but a lot of the stuff is things you can put off til doing after the main story missions. Getting to know the basics well enough so it's not just a flood of information.

Disgaea 4 does have a lot of (skipable) tutorials.

I would say Disagaea 1 Afternoon of Darkness to get the WHOLE experience (PSP or PS2 game)

But if 3 is on sale maybe there, if 3 isn't on sale maybe just on 4. It's just hard to say one way or another because on the one hand the Sprites on Disgaea 4 are way more high quality, and 3 is considered not as good of a story as the others.

On the other hand though Disgaea 4 is one of the more refined versions, and one of the best mechanically. Really up to you.

Disgaea 1 on PSP was my introduction to the series. Honestly I go to the end, grinded a bit and then faced the end story boss and got crushed. I was so upset I traded the game in. I decided to try again with Disgaea 3 and the whole thing clicked with me. I started playing the first Disgaea with the completely wrong mindset.
I've been wanting to revisit D1 because Laharl is still a boss. Hopefully they announce a D2 for Vita sometime early next year.

Disgaea 1 on PSP was my introduction to the series. Honestly I go to the end, grinded a bit and then faced the end story boss and got crushed. I was so upset I traded the game in. I decided to try again with Disgaea 3 and the whole thing clicked with me. I started playing the first Disgaea with the completely wrong mindset.
I've been wanting to revisit D1 because Laharl is still a boss. Hopefully they announce a D2 for Vita sometime early next year.
Yeah I see you started Disgaea 1 with the wrong mindset. What were you anticipating? XD

I started power leveling on weird maps. I would mess with the Geo stuff, and combine enemies together, and then make the whole map invincible, and combine all the enemies, and then do combo attacks and get like 50 levels and do it again. XD Then I started going online and reading up, and eventually did everything but Baal. Then I got the PSP game and beat Uber Prinny Baal with max level bills, by using the "Pick up at the end of the turn so he can't hurt me" strategy. XD

Only works for a few turns though since every time you do it, you sacrifice a character.

Pro tip. Level 99 enemies give 2x the experience of normal ones. So if you can manipulate to that sweet spot you will accomplish great things early on. Lvl 99 characters give the exp of lvl 323 or so, and there is usually 1 map per game designed around abusing this fact.

Last edited:
Am i underpowered if i use story based characters only ?
Story based characters get special stat modifiers, and for the first 5 or so reincarnations they get a 5% stat boost across the board on something that's called aptitude.

So let's say a story character starts off with 80% aptitude. If you equip an item with 100 attack and intelligence you'll only get 80 on those stats.

If you reincarnate 5 times the character will have 105% aptitude and you'll get 105 on those.

Most story characters have most stats in the 100-120% range and you get tons of story characters. Story characters tend to be O.P. for most of the game until you get to super advanced techniques, like unhittable ninjas, or Angel Spellcasters of doom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"