does the trophy list affect your purchase?

Discussion in 'Trophies' started by yowzagabowza, Mar 17, 2014.

1. MakaiOokami

MakaiOokami PSLS Level: Bronze

Half of your games are really old. XD

2. Jacky

Jacky PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    I got my ps3 in 2009, so what if all my games go back that far. my oldest game is devil may cry 4 I think

3. MakaiOokami

I was just commenting that most games are mandatory trophies. So saying half your games don't have trophies means that you don't buy too many games from the past 2 or 3 years.

I have more games with trophies than you can possibly own without trophies. I have a crap load of PS3 games. My save files up in the cloud are in the hundreds. I just buy a ton of games cheap or get a ton from 3 or 4 years of PS Plus.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  4. Jacky

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    the half that are comprised of ps2 classic downloads, psp games, or my devil may cry 4 game as well as hydrophobia.

5. MakaiOokami

Oh I see. You're counting previous generations emulated on the PS3.

I don't count those. I consider them not as PS3 games or part of a PS3 game collection but as a game collection that can also be played on the PS3.

Just like how even though I can emulate games on my PC doesn't mean I count them on my PC game collection and how I don't count my PS2 games as part of my PS3 collection even though 1 of my 2 PS3s is backwards compatible.

6. Jacky

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01
    what would you call devil may cry 4 since it isn't a ps2 game but a ps3/360 game

7. MakaiOokami

An ancient PS3 game XD

8. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    Trophies are one of the several factors that I take into account when buying new games (not classics, minis, or PSMmobile - New). Just like I consider gameplay, storyline, character models, sound, and overall graphics, trophies are just another extra factor when making a new purchase. Two of my friends and I have short trophy competitions, so I decide if the game is going to leave me enough time to compete if it doesn't have trophies.

A lack of platinums isn't something that I consider as a gamebreaker. I instead see that as an opportunity to save time. I still play my PS1 games and I play my wife's 3DS occasionally. Trophies aren't everything to me, but they're something.

Chandler Wood likes this.
  9. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    Most of the PS1 games I play are typically on the Vita.

stolenxnametag likes this.
  10. MakaiOokami

I had some trophy competitions. 2 of them soared to like Dragon82 and higher levels.

2 of them gave up. XD

11. Stewey

Stewey PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    srewbacca
    Trophies do not affect my decision to purchase a game at all. Most times I don't even look at the trophy list until after I've already purchased the game.

Lifewish likes this.
  12. Chandler Wood

Chandler Wood Get Off My Wood Staff Member

PSN:
    Wedge19
    My trophy competition ended a few years ago when he stopped at 15 ( we were leapfrogging eachother until that point). At this point I am at 102 and he is still at 15....

13. Quezun

Quezun PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Quezun
    I feel that trophies are just an added bonus and therefore don't affect whether or not I purchase a game. That being said I usually only shoot for a 60% completion rate anyways.

14. Quezun

Quezun PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Quezun
    I actually told a fib on that, I didn't get Resistance because it had no trophies, so in that case yes I suppose it does affect my decision. Heh.

15. Dan Oravasaari

Dan Oravasaari PSLS Level: Bronze Staff Member

PSN:
    Foolsjoker
    Personally, I never even check a trophy list until I purchase the game and even then, it is after I finish it to see if there is any fun ideas for expanded gameplay.

16. Shawdad

Shawdad PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Shawdad
    Well, I didn't even know you could look at a games trophy list before you bought it. I guess that just shows how little I care about trophies. They don't actually exist do they? :confused:

17. Chandler Wood

Chandler Wood Get Off My Wood Staff Member

PSN:
    Wedge19
    The internet has a massive trophy community, with many places posting the trophy lists before the game even releases. There is a massive cultural support of trophies (which you can obviously tell I am a part of).

18. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    Also, PSLS occasionally posts trophy lists when they're revealed. :-D

19. Swordsman

Swordsman PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Swordsman83
    I know some friends that avoid games that have online trophies (those that need to grind).

20. Swordsman

Swordsman PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Swordsman83
    if the games i like to play have trophies or "easy" trophies, it gives the extra motivation to go for the plat.