Email: Vita Legal Offer? SCEA money or merchandise offer for Vita owners prior to...

arsenalfox

PSLS Level: Newbie
Anybody else receive this? If so is it legit? How do you know what your login is?
sender is a :
If you try to retrieve password it has a blank pop-up (sorry did not include link in case it is a phishing, or other hazardous link)

Thoughts, experiences?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASH BACK OR MERCHANDISE OFFER FROM
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC
Dear Customer:
Our records show that you purchased a PlayStation Vita handheld game console prior to June 1, 2012. The Federal Trade Commission has alleged that some SCEA advertisements for the PlayStation Vita during this period were deceptive. Although SCEA neither admits nor denies liability in connection with this matter, SCEA has agreed to settle the dispute with the Federal Trade Commission by offering either cash back (or credit on your PSN account) or merchandise to customers who purchased a PlayStation Vita before June 1, 2012, and who have not returned the product for a full refund.

Accordingly, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to receive a check for $25 (or a $25 credit on your PSN account). Alternatively, you are eligible to receive a merchandise voucher that you can use to select from a list of merchandise, video games and/or services. The selection of merchandise, video games and/or services that are available through this offer has a retail value of $50 or more.

You are eligible to receive either a check for $25 (or a $25 credit on your PSN account) or a merchandise voucher, but not both. For details of each offer and to make your choice of the $25 check (or credit) or the merchandise voucher, please click link .

You MUST complete and submit the information requested in the above link by June 30, 2015 to be eligible to receive the $25 check (or $25 credit on your PSN account) or merchandise voucher worth $50 or more. Please be assured that your acceptance of this offer does not obligate you to purchase anything.
For more information on our settlement with the Federal Trade Commission, please visitwww.ftc.gov and search for “Sony Computer Entertainment America.”

If you have any questions, please call Sony Computer Entertainment America claims administration at 1-800-410-5484.

Sounds like it's official from the community over there. Still waiting on my email.

I take it back. It was in my spam folder!

I'm going for the $25 in credit. So much easier. Just make sure you don't have more than $125 at any time and you should be good ($150 limit)

Odd that I didn't get this email.. I purchased a Vita right at launch.

Some people are saying you had to register your Vita as well. I would look into it though if I was you since you're technically entitled to your compensation.

Some people are saying you had to register your Vita as well. I would look into it though if I was you since you're technically entitled to your compensation.

Honestly I don't feel entitled to anything. I don't feel cheated by their marketing and unlike most of this generation, I don't feel like I deserve something free every time something happens.

Honestly I don't feel entitled to anything. I don't feel cheated by their marketing and unlike most of this generation, I don't feel like I deserve something free every time something happens.

I absolutely agree. But I just spent way too much money on baby related items in the last week and want Bastion, so I won't ignore this freebie :)

I absolutely agree. But I just spent way too much money on baby related items in the last week and want Bastion, so I won't ignore this freebie :)

Oh it's not like I won't download something free if it is given to me, I am just not going out of my way to demand something free. :)

Oh, I completely agree. I just meant entitled to by the settlement.

As far as the actual situation goes, Sony just dropped the ball with their foresight. The remote play capability was obviously geared toward PS4 but since the PS4 wasn't announced yet they made it work on PS3 in a very limited way. They should have just marketed it that way once PS4 came out. I don't feel at all betrayed. They should have done a better job covering their bases though. Honestly, I think a little more Golden Abyss marketing would have done way more than remote play (as a second screen) marketing did.

Oh we agree there Stephen.. but then again, Sony hasn't really done a great job marketing anything lately.. in my opinion.

\As far as the actual situation goes, Sony just dropped the ball with their foresight. The remote play capability was obviously geared toward PS4 but since the PS4 wasn't announced yet they made it work on PS3 in a very limited way. They should have just marketed it that way once PS4 came out. I don't feel at all betrayed. They should have done a better job covering their bases though. Honestly, I think a little more Golden Abyss marketing would have done way more than remote play (as a second screen) marketing did.
I was preaching remote play so hard when this thing came out. While I don't really feel "entitled" to any cash (as @Lifewish said), remote play was the biggest reason that I bought a Vita. I really wanted to play Killzone 3 while my wife watched tv. Until Ragnarok Odyssey came out, I had a hard time feeling like I made the right decision in buying a Vita. PS Classics weren't working at first, remote play on PS3 didn't work on anything I owned except for Q-Games titles (PIXELJUNK FTW!!), and Touch My Katamari was the biggest letdown of all time for me (I'm a huge Katamari fan). I eventually picked up Gravity Rush on Plus for free, and other games that I liked steadily started coming out, so the Vita ultimately became my platform of choice.

Nonetheless, the fact that I purchased it solely for PS3 remote play before the announcement of the PS4 is still very valid. I don't regret my purchase, but I would have probably waited a bit longer if I knew that the features I wanted most were not going to ever happen.

Which begs the question...

How the heck is PS4 selling like crazy???

If you look at the PS Blog on the worst days it's because people want that 1080p with 60FPS when they can get it, but at the very least a consistent 30 and a much better looking games.

If you look at the PS Blog on the best day's, it's because people see that the PS4 is where indie development is going to start cranking out games, and they want those PS4 games they can play on their Vita too especially metroid like games made by 1 person, or a megaman like game with a knight with some sort of shovel weapon thing that hops around like Scrooge McDuck.

However I think most of the PS4 sales come from the fact that Microsoft kinda lost this generation's fight when they said "If you want an offline console get an Xbox 360."

There were a lot of broken promises with the Vita.

I love my Vita, and have a Vita TV, and I don't know if I feel cheated or not.

I did waste my money on that $60 "If anything happens we'll replace the Vita" service plan thingy. So I don't mind getting that $25 dollars of that back and throwing it into Heavensward Expansion (provided it comes any time soon)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"