Favorite PlayStation RPG series

Lifewish

중재자
Staff member
This is just your favorite RPG series to have been released on any PlayStation platform.

For those who know me, and really if you just look at my profile it should be pretty obvious, but my favorite series has been the Suikoden series. Outside of a mostly forgettable Suikoden IV and Tactics which was just OK, this is a series that took up so many hours of my childhood. In fact, I beat Suikoden III a total of 13 times, so that tells you all you need to know.

My second favorite would probably be the Tales series or the Wild Arms series.

Really hard for me to pick just one... PS One had Breath of Fire IV and most of my favorite Squaresoft games (Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Tactics, Parasite Eve), PS2 had the .hack tetralogy, Dark Cloud 2 and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and PS3 has Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, and Demon's Souls.

I guess Sony consoles are my go-to for JRPGs, I don't think I like any console WRPGs. Really hoping some more PS4 JRPG announcements are coming soon, I know Level 5 is on board with the PS4.

I guess Sony consoles are my go-to for JRPGs, I don't think I like any console WRPGs. Really hoping some more PS4 JRPG announcements are coming soon, I know Level 5 is on board with the PS4.

you and me both.. also badass guts signature :)

I don't want to give an easy RPG pick for this one. but an RPG game that really got me playing (aside from the big/popular franchises) are Legend of Legaia and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha

Well, like it or not, the old Final Fantasies are some of my favorites. VI and Tactics to be more precise. With IX ever steadily climbing in the ranks. Past that, Wild Arms, Breath of Fire, Shadow Madness (What? It's good.), Jade Cocoon, Megaman Legends (if that counts), Vagrant Story, Tales of, Threads of Fate, Saga Frontier, Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring, Xenogear, Chrono Trigger/Cross, and I guess I'll stop there for now. SNES and PlayStation were big RPG consoles for me.

EDIT: Thousand Arms. Can't forget Thousand Arms. ;) Oh, just remembered Monster Seed. Love that game. Actually just got it in the mail. That's right, I revisit classics and I'm not ashamed to admit it. They don't make them like they used to!

Last edited:
Tough to pick one, as there are games from each series I loved.

FFVII/IX, Dragon Quest VII/VIII, Wild Arms 1/2, Lunar, Suikoden (minus 4/Tactics), SMT Series. Im sure there are others

Tough to pick one, as there are games from each series I loved.

FFVII/IX, Dragon Quest VII/VIII, Wild Arms 1/2, Lunar, Suikoden (minus 4/Tactics), SMT Series. Im sure there are others

By the gods how could I forget Lunar! I love Lunar Silver Story Complete, and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete!!

Until the PS3 came out, Final Fantasy was my rpg franchise of choice. I really like traditional turn based jrpgs, but I also really like the Mana games (err... Legend of Mana on PS1), Ragnarok Odyssey, and Kingdom Hearts. For the PS4 generation, I'm giving everyone else a shot.

Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy pre-VIII for me.
Did you not care for FFVIII? Why do you feel this way if so?

Until the PS3 came out, Final Fantasy was my rpg franchise of choice. I really like traditional turn based jrpgs, but I also really like the Mana games (err... Legend of Mana on PS1), Ragnarok Odyssey, and Kingdom Hearts. For the PS4 generation, I'm giving everyone else a shot.
I still have yet to try Kingdom Hearts. I always thought it would be horrible because of Disney characters, but most I talk to absolutely love it.

Pretty much anything Atlus touches is gold
View attachment 475

There is only one Atlus title in all of history I failed to enjoy. And that was Catherine. I just couldn't get into the gameplay. Enjoyed the story though. Everything else I've played from them, even the lesser known titles, I have enjoyed. Even DemiKids. They are just a solid development company.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"