Favorite PS4 Game

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
List your favorite PS4 title. Yes this will change over time considering the console just launched recently. Simply post an update when this occurs.

My favorite PS4 title right now has to be NBA 2K14, the game is probably the best basketball title I have ever played. There honestly isn't much more I would change.

Runner-Up is probably Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. This game is a close second, offers a ton of exploration and gameplay.

Considering I just got Thief and Rayman Legends this might take over either the top stop or runner-up position.

I'm torn between two, the only two that I have spent numerous hours playing. I think my first would be Black Flag, can't wait for that impending announcement for the next game (announcement coming soon). The second is LEGO Marvel Heroes, it's just such a blast, until you get 100% completion and have nothing to do. :(

I'm torn between two, the only two that I have spent numerous hours playing. I think my first would be Black Flag, can't wait for that impending announcement for the next game (announcement coming soon). The second is LEGO Marvel Heroes, it's just such a blast, until you get 100% completion and have nothing to do. :(
The thing is that I have most of the games, I just haven't had the time to put in with all of them. The most I've played is definitely Madden and NBA 2K14, but other than that, haven't really played a lot.

The thing is that I have most of the games, I just haven't had the time to put in with all of them. The most I've played is definitely Madden and NBA 2K14, but other than that, haven't really played a lot.
Thats because you waste your time with games like Ryse. :p

I really enjoy Killzone, for the amount that I've played. ACIV felt very stiff to me sometimes (I felt TLOU was more organic, oddly enough), though I haven't played too much of that either. I also killed some nights with Resogun... I pick it up every so often (like I did with Super Stardust on the PS3)

I own NB2k14 its great the best basketball game i ever played but my favorite game so far its Resogun xD

Resogun has been my favorite so far. I didn't enjoy it as much as Super Stardust but it's still an awesome game. It also gave me a heart attack because I beat it without using a continue on my very last life. I almost fainted after the final boss fight lol.

Honorable mention I guess would be Battlefield 4.

Well the PS4 game that I've spent the most time on would be Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag. I really love Need for Speed: Rivals though. Criterion is one of my very favorite devs, although this isn't completely their baby. Really would love a true sequel to Burnout Paradise on the PS4, though.

Looking forward to inFamous: Second Son though. :)

My favorite PS4 title so far is Outlast. It scared the crap out of me and made me feel like I was trapped in the asylum. This game was free with PS plus which is just awesome. My favorite thing about PS4 so far is PS plus such a great value.
Definitely. Been a member of PS Plus since launch. Well worth it for all the things you get.

I'll be honest here. There has yet to be a PS4 title I have purchased that I didn't enjoy. My first two were Killzone and Knack. Absolutely loved both of those games. Knack is one of the best adventure titles to release in years. Killzone is a topnotch experience that I had been missing since Halo 3. And I'm talking campaign-wise.

Need for Speed Rivals is an amazing racer. To me, far superior to any of the simulators. I find zero satisfaction in video games that provide me the exact same experience I can find in life. I literally drive with realistic physics on a daily basis. And yes, sometimes I race. The online drop in/drop out mechanic was absolutely flawless and wonderful to me. And I absolutely adored how we could play a racer campaign and a cop campaign.

Resogun, despite being a short game, has provided me with hours of fun. It is a phenomenal arcade shooter in the style of Gradius. My only wish is that it had local multiplayer.

Contrast was a short, yet gripping story. It intrigued me and I found the gameplay delightful as well. I hope we get a sequel as the ending made me wish to know more.

Outlast is insanely fun. Quite literally. Playing it in the dark and with the PlayStation Gold headset completely immersed me into the world. I could feel all the emotions Miles was feeling. Outlast, I am unashamed to say, scared me. And that is a very, very good thing. Not many games can actually pull through on the horror aspect.

Although Ed Boon completely angered me with the inclusion of Scorpion ( I paid for him in Mortal Kombat!!!!) I greatly enjoyed Injustice: Gods Among Us. Since the aforementioned fighter, it has been the best title in the genre for me in years. And I loved the story going on with the alternate universe.

Don't Starve! is an amazing little indie game that pleasantly surprised me. I love a good game that throws you into the thick of things with minimal instruction. Not to mention it is exceedingly easy to know what to do if you actually pay attention to the game, environment, and UI. Being forced out into the wilds with no tools of any sort and left to die enthralled me. And I further enjoyed the unlockable characters and their respective abilities. Wilson still rocks though. I'll never cease to love going from nothing to having a sprawling city from nothing but my own hard work.

Warframe is just simply awesome. Ancient ninjas in cybernetic armor wreaking havoc on hapless alien species? Sign me up. It may seem rather linear, but it is steadily improved upon every few weeks. Especially with update 12. If you haven't checked out the new content and events, go do so now. You will not be disappointed.

DC Universe Online plays so much smoother and looks so much better at 60fps that it literally feels like a new game to me. The constant addition of new content and events is awesome. The only turn off for me is the elitist filled endgame. Which, unfortunately, happens to every MMO with time. Find you a good league out there though and you will never get disappointed by DCUO. Just don't play it religiously all day every day. Otherwise, you will eventually run out of things to do. It also has some of the best combat mechanics I have played in any MMO.

What little I played of Thief, I found amazing. The gameplay is truly wonderful. I look forward to playing it again in the future when I pick it up later. Why? Because the initial disc I purchased was riddled with fps issues and screen tear. I'll wait a few months before returning to Garrett's latest adventure.

Battlefield 4, despite initial issues, is a solid multiplayer FPS. And I greatly enjoy the benefits Premium has given me. The massive amounts of destruction allowed by Frostbite 3 are simply jaw dropping. And I just can't get enough of showing all those aerial vehicles that a mere infantry unit can take them out of the skies!

Just Dance 2014 is an amazing little party game. The moves are fun to do and actually work up a sweat if you play the game precisely. And I mean with the good ol' PlayStation Camera, not the Move controller. Combine that with singing ala karaoke during dances, and you are in for hours upon hours of party fun.

The Playroom provides base entertainment for me. I love the little games in it. I especially enjoyed the My Little Alien Buddy expansion and the new take on Pong. When I have nothing else to do or am unsure what to play, I boot up The Playroom and have an hour of fun. I look forward to all future DLC for it.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is an amazing MMO. It feels more like a Final Fantasy than a MMO. In fact, it feels more like a Final Fantasy than any game in the series since Final Fantasy IX. Something I find immensely important. This is an example of what the series needs reminding of. Very much worth a subscription. The job system is just awesome. The F.A.T.E.s are always fun. And there are plenty of things to do. New content is updated all the time and we are slated to get major content updates every three months after it goes gold for PS4.

Lego Marvel Superheroes is the best Lego game I have ever played. Period. The huge lineup of unlockable characters just rocks! The game is serious with a bit of Lego fun thrown in. And I love the fact they stuck with actual voice acting as opposed to incoherent grunts and nods. As small as the map appears, it offers tons of free roaming fun and unlockables. If you haven't checked this game out, do so now!

Strider is simply amazing. A good Metroidvania game that does exactly what it needs to. I love everything about Strider and I do not regret spending the $15 one bit. Get it. You WILL love it.

Assassin' Creed Black Flag made me feel about the series in a way I haven't since the first one came released. It gripped me. It pulled me into the world of Edward Kenway and it has yet to release me. Black Flag captures the essence of the pirate like nothing before it has. No pop culture nonsense (except for a certain cheat), no misrepresentation of what pirates were. This game stayed true to form. I loved the at sea gameplay and the refined parkour AC gameplay we have come to love. I love battling a Man O' War and coming out on top. Demoralizing its crew and taking their assets. The story wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. And I loved the inclusion of epic battles with legendary ships. This game made me want to do absolutely everything in it. And that has NOTHING to do with trophies. And I am working on doing just that.

Ultimately, I believe Black Flag is my favorite PlayStation 4 title so far. The game and console have provided me nonstop fun since they were released. I look forward to the Greatness that the lifespan of the PlayStation 4 has to offer.

Thank you for having read this wall of text. It all did have a purpose and I know none of you were required to read it. I thank you all and PlayStation Lifestyle for providing an atmosphere, platform, and medium for me to share my PlayStation love and experiences with. I hope you guys enjoy your PS4 as much as I do. And never stop gaming!

Well for now is the main story of Tomb Raider DE ( I dont like the MP one bit) and ACIV which was the best AC IMO I loved it very much.

AC4 because how detailed it is, next game will probably be infamous second son

So far, it's Outlast. I could play that game 100 times but I won't because I'll end up hating it. I got all the trophies for it, which means yes, I did beat the game on Insane. I have the speedrunners on Live from PlayStation to thank for that. I'm super excited for the Whistleblower DLC coming in April. Outlast will most likely be my Indie GOTY and Port of the Year.

But in 16 days, Infamous will take my favorite spot from Outlast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"