first ps4 game is..?

MacDuff_N_Stuff

PSLS Level: Newbie
Hello all, I'm brand new to the forums and I have finally saved enough money to buy a playstation 4 and pay my bills all while eating every once in a while. Lol anyways I was just wondering what game/games should I buy first? Also what games did all of you buy first, and was ot the best choice to get them first or go you wish you would have gotten others instead?

Thank you everyone in advance!

Well first off, I would try out a few of the F2P titles, that is what I did right off the bat. As for games I paid for, I believe Knack and KZ3 were the first and I liked Knack, got bored with KZ3 very quickly.

What type of games do you like best?

Like Lifewish alludes to, it's going to depend on your gaming preferences.

My first games were Lego Marvel Heroes and Black Flag, with Shadow Fall, Knack and NFS Rivals not too long thereafter.

Lego Marvel Heroes is a BLAST if you have kids/nephews/are a big kid. Some good length too if you are a completionist.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, well it's the same as the PS3/360 version with better graphics. If you liked the series you have already likely played it.

Killzone: Shadow Fall... I was okay with the first three games, not a huge fan of them, just okay with them. I've yet to beat this. In fact, after my initial couple hours of playing it, I don't believe it's been in my PS4 since.

Knack, for as mixed of reviews as it got I really enjoyed it. It's quite a bit of a throwback to the original Crash games, somewhat kiddy looking while also being rather difficult and punishing.

Need for Speed: Rivals, I was extremely disappointed in. I loved the first two games, but this one kinda went off the rails a bit and added elements that just made it annoying to play.

Welcome to the forums!
There are many games that are worth looking into for the PS4, just depends what genre you are looking for. I play a lot of sports titles, so Madden and NBA 2K are great series to check out. Also AC IV: Black Flag and LEGO Marvel offer a ton of hours of play. inFAMOUS: Second Son is a really fantastic title, but offers little replay once you beat the game on good and evil.

Welcome to the forums @MacDuff_N_Stuff! If you are not a frequent reader of PSLS, I would first recommend checking out the reviews section of the site. Find a reviewer who likes the same games as you and go by that. The PS4 has a shit-ton of indies already, with Child of Light and Transistor being big highlights so far. For major releases, Wolfenstein: The New Order and inFAMOUS: Second Son have decent reviews, too. If you did not catch them on PS3 or Xbox 360, I would also recommend Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and The Last of Us Remastered.

Well first off, I would try out a few of the F2P titles, that is what I did right off the bat. As for games I paid for, I believe Knack and KZ3 were the first and I liked Knack, got bored with KZ3 very quickly.

What type of games do you like best?
Thank you and all others for the help! I like mostly everything when it comes to game genres. I have never played an indie game on a console before and the reason is that most of the time I want to play a full long game but I would definitely be down to check out the free PS+ titles though. I also tend to play more of the racing and adventure titles but I can't find but 1 racing game on the ps4, and the adventure type games are not very abundant either. :p

Welcome to the forums. The best decision you can immediately make is to maintain your Plus membership. You likely got a few weeks free with your purchase if you didn't previously have Plus on PS3.

There are quite a few games of different genres to choose from already but if you're looking for an excellent action adventure game I recommend Infamous Second Son. If you like superhero games avoid Amazing Spider-Man 2 and download DC Universe Online for free instead. Not because its free but because ASM 2 is not a very good game! If you're into sports games all I can say is buyer beware! Research before you buy. The sports games that are already out aren't spectacular by any means. EA Sports UFC for example is a complete mess at the moment.

Dead Nation and Outlast are free and a lot of fun. FEZ is also free with Plus and is quite addictive! I'm not sure if Resogun is still free but if it is, you can't go wrong having it on your PS4. Be sure to download Sharefactory (free) on your PS4. Its a video editing software package and it works really well.

Thank you and all others for the help! I like mostly everything when it comes to game genres. I have never played an indie game on a console before and the reason is that most of the time I want to play a full long game but I would definitely be down to check out the free PS+ titles though. I also tend to play more of the racing and adventure titles but I can't find but 1 racing game on the ps4, and the adventure type games are not very abundant either. :p

I would pick up Infamous.. I had a blast with it. And even though I also have issues with indie games lengths, I have enjoyed a few indie games and would recommend renewing your PS Plus for all the good free games.

Let's face it, you can't beat free.

Welcome to the forums. The best decision you can immediately make is to maintain your Plus membership. You likely got a few weeks free with your purchase if you didn't previously have Plus on PS3.

There are quite a few games of different genres to choose from already but if you're looking for an excellent action adventure game I recommend Infamous Second Son. If you like superhero games avoid Amazing Spider-Man 2 and download DC Universe Online for free instead. Not because its free but because ASM 2 is not a very good game! If you're into sports games all I can say is buyer beware! Research before you buy. The sports games that are already out aren't spectacular by any means. EA Sports UFC for example is a complete mess at the moment.

Dead Nation and Outlast are free and a lot of fun. FEZ is also free with Plus and is quite addictive! I'm not sure if Resogun is still free but if it is, you can't go wrong having it on your PS4. Be sure to download Sharefactory (free) on your PS4. Its a video editing software package and it works really well.
Thank you for all the suggestions and the welcome! Im just wondering, is dc universe completely free? Only with PS+? And is it a monthly subscription type deal?

Thank you for all the suggestions and the welcome! Im just wondering, is dc universe completely free? Only with PS+? And is it a monthly subscription type deal?
DCUO is 'free' to play regardless of PS+ status. It does however have numerous microtransactions, which while not required to play will often make the quality of life better.

DCUO is 'free' to play regardless of PS+ status. It does however have numerous microtransactions, which while not required to play will often make the quality of life better.
Okay that makes sense, I don't have tons of cash to throw at an mmo so I may have to hold of on that one since I tent to be the "spend lots of money" type in those kind of games. Lol

Wait for Black Friday if you can go to a Target (not ON Black Friday but near that time frame) there may or may not be a buy 2 get 1 free sale. Last year there was a buy 2 get 1 free deal and there was a coupon for buy 2 games get 30% off. I paid $80 for over $200 in games.

Also at Target they have an app called Cartwheel and every once in a while Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs is like 20-30% off with the app, or you can price match at Target with Amazon prices and sometimes use a cartwheel to get games dang near half off.

For the most part though I recommend Diablo 3 if you like that kind of experience, and Cross-buy games with other platforms. I had access to 22 games or so before I bought 1 thanks to Cross-buy F2P and PS+

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"