Games You Want Posted as PS1/2 Classics

Chalryn

PSLS Level: Bronze
As the title says. What games of the PS1/2 era did you really enjoy, but haven't gotten the PS1/2 Classics treatment (or at least not on your region's PSN)?

I'll give one of each, to start.

Jade Cocoon (PSX)
I made a whole topic for this game on a forum I used to attend a while back. It's not really remarkable, compared to AAA titles and whatnot, but it seemed like a really overlooked gem of the era. I never played the sequel (PS2), but I can at least say that the first game had a certain charm to it. While the gameplay mechanics were rather simple (enter forest, fight/capture minions, fight boss, story progress in town, repeat process), it was the small things that made it stand out: the music, the art style (note: Hayao Miyazaki character designs), the level of detail in minion development... A simple game, no doubt, but one I found easy to get into and quite enjoyable. I think it got a PSOne Classic release on Japanese PSN, but didn't notice it anywhere else.

Front Mission 4 (PS2)
The third game got a PSOne Classics release, so I was kinda hoping the fourth would get a PS2 Classics release, but still no sign of one... Among other series, Front Mission is largely responsible for my interest in strat-RPG's, so I'd just like to see the series get more love. Also, since the PS2 game didn't seem to get the upscaling feature (via component cables), it looks rather shitty on an HDTV, so a proper upscale via PS2 Classic would be great just for that.

I was thinking that Destroy All Humans would port over nicely since it came out later in the gen, but then I realized that both Pandemic and THQ are out of business and the money would go to EA even though they're the ones who put Pandemic in that coffin.

Just add Mega Man Legends to the NA store and I'll be fine. I'm surprised it's not on there, they even have Bonne family avatars in the store.
Intelligent Qube. I want to play it on my Vita. :-D
They should really just add the PSP one to the store, even if it's JP only. I mean, if they can add Cho Aniki then why not IQ?

My PS1 choice would be Brave Fencer Musashi. The gameplay I remember from as a young child was great and seeing various videos on youtube make me wish I can legitimately play it without buying a copy from a random person online. I would say Sonic Heroes for my PS2 classic, but considering how buggy that version of that game was compared to the Xbox/Gamecube versions, I think I'll pass.

My PS1 choice would be Brave Fencer Musashi. The gameplay I remember from as a young child was great and seeing various videos on youtube make me wish I can legitimately play it without buying a copy from a random person online. I would say Sonic Heroes for my PS2 classic, but considering how buggy that version of that game was compared to the Xbox/Gamecube versions, I think I'll pass.
That is one game that I heard brought up quite a bit that I have never played.

Brave Fencer Musashi
Yeah. I would like to see that game on PSN just to try it out as I've heard many things about it as well, with vague memories helping a bit. I don't see why it is so hard for these things to happen. Do they go through re-licensing or copyright or something?

Not to steal an opportunity from Lifewish, buuut... I'm gonna. xD

Suikoden II (PSX)
No explanation needed. In fact, I'd like an explanation for why it hasn't happened already. I'm looking at you, Konami.

Suikoden III/IV/Tactics/V (PS2)
Because it's Suikoden and it needs to happen. More likely than an HD collection, I imagine, although probably still not very likely. ...For some reason.

But Suikoden aside...

Mana Khemia/Mana Khemia 2 (PS2)
Especially with the Atelier games garnering a bit of attention on the PS3 these days, I think it'd only be fair to share these two spin-off titles from the series. The graphics hardly warrant remasters, but they're otherwise great games that I think deserve the PS2 Classics spotlight. They should probably post up some of the earlier Atelier titles as well, for similar reasons.

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
I'm not sure how likely a PS1 Classic of the original would be, with the PSP port out there, but a PS2 Classic of VP2 would be nice, I think. Kinda curious how the upscaling and whatnot would work out, though. Anyone happen to know if boot-up progressive scan support carried over for any current PS2 Classics (if any of them originally supported it)? That, along with the 480p support (via component cable upscaling; NTSC-J could supposedly reach 1080p with a code or something) and in-game aspect ratio swapping.

Jade Cocoon
Jade Cocoon 2
Monster Rancher
Monster Rancher 2
Monster Rancher 3
Monster Rancher 4
Monster Rancher EVO
Monster Seed
Digimon World
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena
Thousand Arms
Megaman Legends
Megaman Legends 2
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Valkyrie Profile

And I could go on.

Jade Cocoon
Jade Cocoon 2
Monster Rancher
Monster Rancher 2
Monster Rancher 3
Monster Rancher 4
Monster Rancher EVO
Monster Seed
Digimon World
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Thousand Arms
Megaman Legends
Megaman Legends 2
Valkyrie Profile

And I could go on.
Monster Rancher and Digimon World are awesome.

Jade Cocoon
Jade Cocoon 2
Monster Rancher
Monster Rancher 2
Monster Rancher 3
Monster Rancher 4
Monster Rancher EVO
Monster Seed
Digimon World
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Thousand Arms
Megaman Legends
Megaman Legends 2
Valkyrie Profile

And I could go on.
Half of these games I've never even heard of (that is what I get or sticking to nintendo as a kid), but I'm sure I would love them if they were on the classics. It would also make getting a legitimate version of these games a Hell of a lot easier *looks as Trone Bonnne*

From PS2, I'd love to play The Lord of the Rings games and the X-Men Legends games on my Vita, but I know their are licensing issues for these.

this. even if they imported iq: final from the jp store, that would be great. I have it due to creating a jp account, But it would be perfect on the vita. Or hell, maybe make an updated version. I'm sure it would sell.
I would fill Christmas stockings with download codes so my friends could share the experience. Everyone should experience IQ.

Brave Fencer Musashi
And that's the thing -- since the game is 15 years old and for a system from 3 generations ago, there are a LOT of people just like you. And some of those might just buy the game if it were made available in more ways.

And then there are others like me that might just double dip if the price and timing were right.

So frustrating. Sony and the third-parties not taking advantage of its enormous back catalogue of wonderful games is mind boggling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"