Good gaming headphones / mics for PS4

Shawdad

PSLS Level: Bronze
I am curious to see ideas and opinions on the subject of gaming mics or headphone/mic combos from my fellow PSLS members. I am curious to see what other people use. Back when I used to play mmorpg's I used the "over ear" headset, but found that they became really uncomfortable after a few hours. Nowadays, I prefer the ear plug style with the soft silicone buds.

I am curious to see ideas and opinions on the subject of gaming mics or headphone/mic combos from my fellow PSLS members. I am curious to see what other people use. Back when I used to play mmorpg's I used the "over ear" headset, but found that they became really uncomfortable after a few hours. Nowadays, I prefer the ear plug style with the soft silicone buds.
I use the Playstation Gold headset for all my gaming, Playstation and PC. I find the sound amazing and the fact that they surround the ear, not just sit on the ear, really comfortable for extended gaming sessions. The only downside to this headset (and any that cover the ear) is that they do get warm. I prefer this style over the in ear style because any in ear style I've tried have been painful after a short time

I have the Pulse Elite Headset and find that it isn't as comfortable as my old stereo headset. The sound is great and the microphone is crystal clear. I never use the BassImpact because it actually hurts my ears even on the low setting. The sound quality for the price is there, but it could use more padding on all areas. I would probably get the Gold Stereo Headset from Sony if I was buying a headset now.

As time goes by newer and possibly better headsets and mics will come out, so i can't give an actual solid answer other then this.

I have the Pulse Elite Headset and find that it isn't as comfortable as my old stereo headset. The sound is great and the microphone is crystal clear. I never use the BassImpact because it actually hurts my ears even on the low setting. The sound quality for the price is there, but it could use more padding on all areas. I would probably get the Gold Stereo Headset from Sony if I was buying a headset now.
I have one of those, too. The only thing I don't like is that it isn't very friendly for glasses or earrings. I have to pull out my 1/2" gauge plugs and wear contacts to avoid discomfort.

Otherwise, everything is solid, especially when you start messing with the audio presets in the headset companion app. As an aside, PT was terrifying with the horror setting. I'm a sucker for the BassImpact as well, but only if I am using the proper presets with the game / movie / music I am experiencing. When in doubt, use the "music" setting for everything. :D

I have one of those, too. The only thing I don't like is that it isn't very friendly for glasses or earrings. I have to pull out my 1/2" gauge plugs and wear contacts to avoid discomfort.

Otherwise, everything is solid, especially when you start messing with the audio presets in the headset companion app. As an aside, PT was terrifying with the horror setting. I'm a sucker for the BassImpact as well, but only if I am using the proper presets with the game / movie / music I am experiencing. When in doubt, use the "music" setting for everything. :D

I always go for the good old bluetooth ear piece.

I've seen that those Playstation gold headsets are popular headsets, but I guess I'm just the opposite of most people. I cant stand the over ear style. They really irritate my ears. The "plug" style with the silicone inserts are the only style that work for me. I must just be lucky to have a certain shaped inner ear. The ones I have now, that are almost exactly like the ones I just ordered only without the mic, I can wear for hours and totally forget I'm even wearing headphones! Also, they work really well for drowning out ambient noise. I guess I'll find out on Sept 5th if I made a mistake. 4 days before "D" day :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"