Happy 10th Anniversary PSP!

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
Lost in the PlayStation 20th anniversary, is that the PlayStation Portable turns 10 on December 12th.

I still remember getting my first PSP. I played the hell out of Twisted Metal Head On (which is my 2nd favorite after Black). I stopped playing it and gave it to my older brother. I eventually jumped back onto the PSP bandwagon with the Silver Daxter bundle.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions was my system seller the second time around. FFT is still my favorite game of all time, and being able to play it anywhere is just sweet. Then I got to play games like Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, which I enjoyed MORE than the original FFVII. The previously mentioned Daxter was a blast to play, and is my 2nd favorite of the series after the original Jak and Daxter. The Star Wars Battlefronts and God of War titles were also a blast to play.

But my favorite original game on the PSP, is Dissidia: Final Fantasy and Dissidia Duodecim. I've put at least 300 hours into the two games. It's the one franchise I would buy hardware for to play.

So to celebrate the 10 Year Anniversary, what have been your favorite PlayStation Portable titles?

Oh, wow, this list might be quite long, haha.

I actually really like Tetris Ultimate on PSP, have spent a lot of time with it.

The God of War titles are great. Jean D'Arc was a LOT of fun.

Wow, this list might be endless for me. I love the PSP, haha.

I tried so far to get into the PSP and just couldn't. The lack of two analog sticks was the ultimate deal breaker, making so many games frustrating beyond belief.

My list of personal favorites:
1) Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
2) Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
3) Ys Seven
4) Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
5) Persona 3 Portable
6) Daxter
7) Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
8) Mortal Kombat Unchained
9) Ys: Oath in Felghana
10) Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2

The PSP really was held back by the lack of second analog stick. I mostly enjoyed games that didn't need them though. The ridiculousness of some of the games control scheme to emulate a second nub was kinda sad.

The PSP had games that needed desperately needed a second analog stick, but it didn't have one. The Vita has the second analog sticks, but it needs more games that require it.

My list of personal favorites:
1) Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
2) Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
3) Ys Seven
4) Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
5) Persona 3 Portable
6) Daxter
7) Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
8) Mortal Kombat Unchained
9) Ys: Oath in Felghana
10) Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2

The PSP really was held back by the lack of second analog stick. I mostly enjoyed games that didn't need them though. The ridiculousness of some of the games control scheme to emulate a second nub was kinda sad.

The PSP had games that needed desperately needed a second analog stick, but it didn't have one. The Vita has the second analog sticks, but it needs more games that require it.

Dissidia was the perfect example to me of a game that sorely needed the two analog sticks. Persona 3 Portable was probably my favorite PSP game.

Until the vita starts pushing out content that i enjoy, it will continue to collect dust.
Are you playing a lot of games you can't play digitally on the Vita?

What about the RPGs? What about Freedom Wars? What kinds of games does it need for you to love it? What are you playing on your PSP?

Are you playing a lot of games you can't play digitally on the Vita?

What about the RPGs? What about Freedom Wars? What kinds of games does it need for you to love it? What are you playing on your PSP?

I have a little bit of everything on my psp, especially alot of imports. The vita didn't have anything i liked. so i wiped it clean and put my japanese acct on there, and used the umd passport to buy all the psp games i like. I have always preferred the psp over the vita though.

I have a little bit of everything on my psp, especially alot of imports. The vita didn't have anything i liked. so i wiped it clean and put my japanese acct on there, and used the umd passport to buy all the psp games i like. I have always preferred the psp over the vita though.
The PSP had some really good games. Wish they had the full PSP library digital. But the Vita has great games too.

The list of digital PSP titles that we have now 10 years later I think shows how poorly they really supported the PSPgo.

lol. I'd be curious to see the Vita's number compared only against the PSPgo.

I loved the design of it. I kinda hope the Vita '3000' is built like the go. but with a cart slot.
PSPGo1.jpg

PSPgo was a really smart idea executed poorly and a bit late.

Crappy screen. Why? There was no need. They had the production means to keep the same screen as in the previous PSPs. Who would basically downgrade to a PSPgo?

Also, I think it's a bit unfair to call Sony out on the software support considering how hackable and hacked the PSP family was. With the Vita in the pipeline I don't think I would have risked all the extra money for digital availability for the Go.

Sadly, this also meant that people who already owned a Go or wanted one had to choose between a crap library and hacking and pirating.

I also love the idea of the PSPgo, and when my original PSP2000 konked out, I seriously thought about getting a Go instead. In the end, though, the screen, along with backwards compatibility, won out.

PSPgo was a really smart idea executed poorly and a bit late.

Crappy screen. Why? There was no need. They had the production means to keep the same screen as in the previous PSPs. Who would basically downgrade to a PSPgo?

Also, I think it's a bit unfair to call Sony out on the software support considering how hackable and hacked the PSP family was. With the Vita in the pipeline I don't think I would have risked all the extra money for digital availability for the Go.

Sadly, this also meant that people who already owned a Go or wanted one had to choose between a crap library and hacking and pirating.

I also love the idea of the PSPgo, and when my original PSP2000 konked out, I seriously thought about getting a Go instead. In the end, though, the screen, along with backwards compatibility, won out.
Screen wasn't that crappy. It was small but I loved mine.

The digital library should have been supported for the Vita. So that people have an excuse to not hack their PSP in order to have a digital version of ________ game. Let people that won't hack have an option to buy your game. There are 10 million and counting Vitas estimated. Who wouldn't want Parappa the Rappa on the Playstation T.V.?

I had a 1000. Do you want to know why I bought a PSP GO?

Well I got mine Repackaged the $150 price point 15% off that price, helped a lot. But you know what REALLY made me want it? I bought a PSPGo to composite Video out, and I learned out to pair my PS3 controller to my PSP Go using blutooth, and I had basically what amounts to a PS2 in my pocket. 16GB of internal storage meant it was cheaper than buying a 16 GB card, a PSP 3k, and I still had room for another card if I wanted to toss a 32GB in there.

Now that I think of it... no wonder I love the idea of the Vita/Playstation T.V.

3 days till I get mine.

Sony made PSP Go to make a fashion device as a test of the digital market concept. So it wasn't a failure in their eye. It was... data gathering for the Vita.

Last edited:
There was a decent amount of hardcore gamers I knew that thought the Vita was digital only like the PSPgo.

I'd totally bite on a VITAgo, if it had micoSD + video out.

There was a decent amount of hardcore gamers I knew that thought the Vita was digital only like the PSPgo.

I'd totally bite on a VITAgo, if it had micoSD + video out.
Not gonna happen. They got the Playstation T.V. not sure why you'd need video out for the Vita at this point except for older games. I doubt there's going to be a lot of new games that use a lot of the features that you're going to be able to keep tethered to a t.v. How many Uncharted aiming moments before you accidentally yank the cord out of the Vita?

Also don't expect a non proprietary format on the Vita. Why do you even need one. With Cross-buy, PS Plus, Free-To-Play options, you'll get WAY more gaming for the buck than you'd get with Nintendo's SD cards. 24+ games for $50 on the Vita is a way better deal than buying most games on the 3DS with the same $150 investment. Even if Nintendo gave you a free 64GB card for their system, and you just spend the $150 on games, you'd still probably not have nearly as good a library as you get from paying $100 dollars for a card, and $50 for plus.

The reason they use non standard formatting has to do with movie companies, the sometimes offered 10% off digital titles, (brick and mortar stores wouldn't carry the system if Sony was going to undercut them. They need a profitable reason to carry the device and selling games digitally cheaper isn't profitable for the company selling the hardware at slim margins) and just generally to keep people having to work hard in order to hack it rather than easily pop it int he computer, make some modifications to the files, and be done and then run some software on your PC while the 2 are tethered.

lol. I'd be curious to see the Vita's number compared only against the PSPgo.

I loved the design of it. I kinda hope the Vita '3000' is built like the go. but with a cart slot.
Also I can't find numbers anywhere on PSP Go sales. Can't find them. Vita has like 10 million sales, I'd be surprised if the Go hit 3 million world wide.

Id like Sony to treat the Vita like a flagship platform. Obviously what I want aint gonna happen. Lol. The PS TV isn't even compatible with all the same PSP/PSone the Vita is. It's a poor excuse of Vita video out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"