help us... Localization of the Playstation Vita Game Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

chichi

PSLS Level: Bronze
Bamco said that the only way we'll get this localisation is through this petition so hurry up and sign it all digimon/psvita fans out there. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...-fragment-coming-ps-vita-july/#comment-510681

https://www.change.org/petitions/ba...ystation-vita-game-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth

TmEqKqM.jpg
JbSQsVY.jpg

and here is their twitter https://twitter.com/OpCyberSleuth

just a reminder, digimon is a well established franchise here in the west (main competitor of pokemon). and if this game comes here in the west it might boost vita sales big time. and if it gives the vita a huge sales boost, then more games might get localized and/or made.

Last edited:
I'm not a Digimon or Pokemon fan at all and those franchises never interested me. However this game looks really fun, much like SAO, it looks like a solid title even without the name attached.

I signed and I hope more do.

(Having the popular name obviously helps though ;))

I'm more of a Pokémon fan than a Digimon fan, but I do like the series and I'll be picking up a Vita soon (post E3?). So, signed.

This game isn't in competition with Pokemon. No where near the depth, no where near, the content, no where near, the hardcore pvp landscape.

This is a game for Digimon Fans. It won't cause Vitas to fly off the shelf. Minecraft, and Borderlands 2 have the biggest chance to make those waves move.

People who want Pokemon will have a 3DS. Kids who want Pokemon will end up being given at least a 2DS. this will be for the people who ended up not getting the 2-3DS and they get what they can get.

I might be wrong, Mostly my opinion. I just don't see Digimon as a system seller. There will maybe be 50k sold, for it, but a series that's been out for that long, that's had as many duds, as that series has... Maybe if it has some interesting multiplayer gimmicks people will buy it from word of mouth, but most of them not a Vita for it.

Not a fan of either series but the game does look kind of fun and the more games the better.

SIGNED, 129 needed to fill out petition.

I'd like to see localisation of jstars victory vs. do they have a thing that?
Won't happen unless Funimation or someone gets all the liscenses or all the companies end up agreeing.

Considering how greed and screwing over the consumer is institutionalized in America, it's rare to get these kinds of games localized. You're better off writing a petition to Hong Kong for them to get a localized version since they tend to have English in their games.

Won't happen unless Funimation or someone gets all the liscenses or all the companies end up agreeing.

Considering how greed and screwing over the consumer is institutionalized in America, it's rare to get these kinds of games localized. You're better off writing a petition to Hong Kong for them to get a localized version since they tend to have English in their games.

what would funimation have to do with it?

it's the manga versions, not the anime. and all the authors have to agree with it, and so far they have. all the copyright's etc.

all they would have to do is subtitle it completely, it already is subtitled in some parts. they could treat it the same way the treated project diva. no changing the voices to english needed.

Last edited:
what would funimation have to do with it?

it's the manga versions, not the anime. and all the authors have to agree with it, and so far they have. all the copyright's etc.

all they would have to do is subtitle it completely, it already is subtitled in some parts. they could treat it the same way the treated project diva. no changing the voices to english needed.

licensing for the publishers/distributors of the manga/anime in the west.

Was at otakon, saw NO vita gamers. Everyone was glued to the DS
That's because of street pass, those things were cheaper for years on the Vita, and there are far more ad-hoc games to be playing like Pokemon and Digimon in great numbers, not to mention the DS and Wii just got their internet play shut down, so this is one of the few chances they'll have to play many of their games multiplayer... plus there's $100 dollar DS, the DS has been out for almost a decade, and people can use software to bridge offline only games on the Vita to the online, etc...

Not to forget the fact that the DS is a lot less bulky to carry around all day, and it's harder to scratch a closed DS screen than a PSP or Vita screen.

I love my Vita, but if I'm going to a Con, I'm taking my 3DSXL. Pokemon Battles is where it's at with cons.

Everybody seemed to be playing pokemon or digimon ds games, however the games that were selling like hot cakes in the dealers room were all ps games and classic nintendo games and nintendo systems. Plus all of the gamers who dressed up were dressed up as ps characters. Other then that there was a little bit of everything.

Everybody seemed to be playing pokemon or digimon ds games, however the games that were selling like hot cakes in the dealers room were all ps games and classic nintendo games and nintendo systems. Plus all of the gamers who dressed up were dressed up as ps characters. Other then that there was a little bit of everything.
I totally would have been Mario. Not many hat hat wearing characters with facial hair and without muscles around. Gotta get what you can work with.

I totally would have been Mario. Not many hat hat wearing characters with facial hair and without muscles around. Gotta get what you can work with.

Oh there were alot of mario and luigi's some were pretty funny, there was an overwhelming amount of deadpool cosplayers though.

This game isn't in competition with Pokemon. No where near the depth, no where near, the content, no where near, the hardcore pvp landscape.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Beg to Differ. Both has Breeding, Ev Training, different battle systems [luck involved with how digimons behave], large move sets.

The only thing pokemon has more of in these games are the large amount of Pokemon [and games] which the community only uses like 10% of in pokemon. Now if Digimon actually had all of their guys included, Digimon would be far surperior.

Most likely people couldnt get into the original for PS1 which was really deep and had a high learning curb and it threw them off the series which lead to the failure of #2 and the new battle system in 2, 3, 4 and the GBA and DS series
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On a Different note. I wunts dis game =.=
and that Digimon Battle Royale game for the ps3 100%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Beg to Differ. Both has Breeding, Ev Training, different battle systems [luck involved with how digimons behave], large move sets.

The only thing pokemon has more of in these games are the large amount of Pokemon [and games] which the community only uses like 10% of in pokemon. Now if Digimon actually had all of their guys included, Digimon would be far surperior.

Most likely people couldnt get into the original for PS1 which was really deep and had a high learning curb and it threw them off the series which lead to the failure of #2 and the new battle system in 2, 3, 4 and the GBA and DS series
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On a Different note. I wunts dis game =.=
and that Digimon Battle Royale game for the ps3 100%

I've played a couple of the DS games and they are no where near as complex. They just don't compete. On a pokemon game I can find myself in a bad match with some crazy move sets, and everything, but I've never seen anything in Digimon at the level of Pokemon, and I beat one of the DS games.

Can you explain which ones have these systems in place? I've only played Dusk.

Can I transfer my Digimon from Dusk to the next game? What is the next game?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"