I am new to playstation world

snowwolf776

PSLS Level: Newbie
I been playing games on Nintendo since 1985,but due to the fact ea,and all sports games have dropped Nintendo I got a ps4 so I could play sports games espailley Madden,and the new wwe2k with sting when it comes out. I will still play my Wiiu games like Mario,zelda,and donkey kong. Anyways I am hopeing to get some help since im new to ps4. Like for starters the online gameing. you have to pay to play others online right, but you can make friends for free? also what would be a good action adventure game for someone like me who doesn't really like war games minus RE series cause zobies are dead anyways. If I think of anything else,ill come back later,and ask. I'm off to work now.

I been playing games on Nintendo since 1985,but due to the fact ea,and all sports games have dropped Nintendo I got a ps4 so I could play sports games espailley Madden,and the new wwe2k with sting when it comes out. I will still play my Wiiu games like Mario,zelda,and donkey kong. Anyways I am hopeing to get some help since im new to ps4. Like for starters the online gameing. you have to pay to play others online right, but you can make friends for free? also what would be a good action adventure game for someone like me who doesn't really like war games minus RE series cause zobies are dead anyways. If I think of anything else,ill come back later,and ask. I'm off to work now.

Never too late to join the PlayStation family. We hope you stick around the forums and ask us anything you want to know.

I will be in the forums off, and on. I have other thing I do in real life, and online. Anyways I do have a few questions.

I know things like Roster updates for sports games are free,but you pay to play against others online right?
I read somewere you can make friends on ps4 for free ,but to play a game vs them online you have to pay. also if you are a Madden player, and have Madden 15,i need a little help with that please,like how to Get the Mediea option to work in owner mode on contected franchise. Also what is a good action/adventure game for ps4 for a person that likes games like that, but not war games, or hunting animal games unless its a rescue Animal game to start a Sancurtury. I don't mind the RE series either cause those are zombies they are dead already,and I see the re games is putting suffers out of their misery. ;)

also is the ps4 the system you can play from anywere in the house if its hooked up to 1 tv,and you have networking in your house,or would you need the vita,and same game to be able to do that?

I read somewere you can make friends on ps4 for free ,but to play a game vs them online you have to pay.
This is correct. You have to purchase a subscription to PlayStation Plus to play games online.

Also what is a good action/adventure game for ps4 for a person that likes games like that, but not war games, or hunting animal games unless its a rescue Animal game to start a Sancurtury. I don't mind the RE series either cause those are zombies they are dead already,and I see the re games is putting suffers out of their misery. ;)
If you're trying to play big-budget action games, inFAMOUS: Second Son and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 might be what you are looking to play.
You can also check out the Reviews section of PlayStation LifeStyle for ideas on which games to try.
Otherwise, go to the Live From PlayStation app. From there, you can watch gamers stream their gameplay through Twitch and Ustream.

I hope that helps! Welcome to the PSLS forums! :D

its a huge help,the ps4 is going to mostly be sports system,but I definttly want to get a couple action games as well. do you need the plus to use the Twitch,or ustream as well
,or is t free?

its a huge help,the ps4 is going to mostly be sports system,but I definttly want to get a couple action games as well. do you need the plus to use the Twitch,or ustream as well
,or is t free?

You do not need PS Plus to stream.

Hello and welcome!

I plan to get myself a Wii U this Christmas for all the Nintendo first party games. For everything else, I go with PS3/PS4 and PC. I don't really play too many sports games myself, unless you count racing, then I play a crap load of them.

Also. just a heads up, there are some very scary people on Live From Playstation. My advice: if their stream thumbnail is of somebody's living room instead of a video game, avert your eyes and back away slowly...

Last edited:
Accuttly my dad told me about a gameing system doing that. he though one was out now that can play on any tv with one console. Thanks though,it looks like we would need to get the box for the pstv,and another controller to put in living room. That would be awesome if I could be in my room,and dad in his,and we play madden against each other,or team up on same team.

Welcome to our big family. I hope you enjoy the system as well as the support and companioship of your new gamer brothers and sisters here at PSLS forums. We gamers have to be united as a family. Each man is a strong as the man beside him. I saw Fury's trailer ( a movie) and its totally true. We need to stay together. Only then we can have a better gaming world.

Take care and enjoy.

so were do I go on the forums here if I want to get help with Madden 15? not how to play the game, or anything like secreats. Just on the basic of speaking to Media in owner mode. do I need to turn it on somewere,need a camra,or what?

so were do I go on the forums here if I want to get help with Madden 15? not how to play the game, or anything like secreats. Just on the basic of speaking to Media in owner mode. do I need to turn it on somewere,need a camra,or what?
Damn, I think this would be a good question for @BigPete7978 - but I think he is on hiatus.

were would I look to see how much GB I have left? I see we are only allowed 500,that doesn't sound to hi to me,or is it more then I think?

You can always upgrade your PS4 hard drive if you start running out of space.

PS+ is just required to play online, free plus games and some cloud features.

PS4 also records last 15 mins of game video you can upload that video to youtube or facebook using the share button.

one of my favorite features is being able to use a usb flash drive to listen to music while playing games.

In order to use remote play you have to have a PS Vita or playstation TV and I think sony smart phones can also do remote play.

anyways welcome to the forums and Playstation

were would I look to see how much GB I have left? I see we are only allowed 500,that doesn't sound to hi to me,or is it more then I think?

Welcome to PlayStation LifeStyle!

And you should be able to locate your harddrive space in your system settings. It should show you the amount used and how much is left. The PS4 uses a standard 2.5" SATA II hard drive disk. So you can easily find these in electronic stores and online. If 500Gb becomes insufficient, then I'd recommend upgrading to a 1TB. Currently I have a 1TB SSD/HDD hybrid drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oompa08
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"