I have a question for you guys

darkforcegod

PSLS Level: Bronze
PSLS Ambassador
In these forums. Do you have a type of Welcoming Committee or MVP kind of thing? I ask this because on the PS forums they have that. I am not trying to say by this that you should. I am just asking if there is something similar here. If you do have I would like to apply or at least tell me how to get in there. Its just a question because I did not find anyting about it around here. Thanks.

Last edited:
In these forums. Do you have a type of Welcoming Committee or MVP kind of thing? I ask this because on the PS forums they have that. I am not trying to say by this that you should. I am just asking if there is something similar here. If you do have I would like to apply or at least tell me how to get in there. Its just a question because I did not find anyting about it around here. Thanks.

Thread moved to Feedback & Suggestions

We currently don't have that, but I have been thinking about something along those lines if there was enough interest. There are several candidates that would probably be interested (yourself included) here on the forums. Give me a bit and I'll post some of my ideas of what our program might end up including. But +1 for the suggestion, it's great to see community members coming up with awesome ideas. :)

not that I've heard of, why? it's not like they need a mvp. forums aren't about who is the most popular.

I don't think that the OP is asking from a being popular standpoint, but more from a helping out community members point of view.

never the less it doesn't seem like something necessary to have. a welcoming committee yeah, but mvp? something like that would just kinda kill things for me.

never the less it doesn't seem like something necessary to have. a welcoming committee yeah, but mvp? something like that would just kinda kill things for me.
Well we have been talking about it before @darkforcegod even mentioned it. It would essentially be people that would welcome new users, invite people when they can, and basically post and participate more than the average forum member. With that would come more privileges within their posts, the ability edit their user title, and a custom user banner. Though none of this is set in stone, it's just some ideas I've been thinking up. Thoughts? :)

Well we have been talking about it before @darkforcegod even mentioned it. It would essentially be people that would welcome new users, invite people when they can, and basically post and participate more than the average forum member. With that would come more privileges within their posts, the ability edit their user title, and a custom user banner. Though none of this is set in stone, it's just some ideas I've been thinking up. Thoughts? :)

Honestly it would kinda put me off. And for some people i can see them as saying "well that's not fair! " a welcome commitee, yes i lile that. But not mvp. Besides u already have something similiar when u think about it. The "noteable members".
Allowing special privileges though to only certain people is kinda just, i don't know ..... Unfair seeming i guess? kinda like with credit cards or stores, become premium members or whatever and get special discounts, rates, etc...
Kinda see what i'm getting at?

Honestly it would kinda put me off. And for some people i can see them as saying "well that's not fair! " a welcome commitee, yes i lile that. But not mvp. Besides u already have something similiar when u think about it. The "noteable members".
Allowing special privileges though to only certain people is kinda just, i don't know ..... Unfair seeming i guess? kinda like with credit cards or stores, become premium members or whatever and get special discounts, rates, etc...
Kinda see what i'm getting at?
The only privileges they would be getting is the custom user titles, as well as a banner. That doesn't make them a "MVP". If anything they would be held to a higher standard in helping out the community as a whole, that is all. Given your activity/interaction with the community you were one of the first people I was thinking of inviting if we did end up setting all of this up. :)

The only privileges they would be getting is the custom user titles, as well as a banner. That doesn't make them a "MVP". If anything they would be held to a higher standard in helping out the community as a whole, that is all. Given your activity/interaction with the community you were one of the first people I was thinking of inviting if we did end up setting all of this up. :)

I appreciate the thought and thank you for considering me, but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say though right?

I appreciate the thought and thank you for considering me, but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say though right?
What I have gotten out of your messages is that you feel as if there shouldn't be exclusive to particular members. But if you put in a lot of time with your posts with the community, and are helping out to make this place better, you don't want to be recognized for your help and contributions? Yes I completely agree with the Notable Members, it shows post count, likes received, trophy points, etc. We were just trying to think of a way to recognize the people that take the time to help this community the most, and the group would always be evolving with members, constantly changing. You don't feel as if this would benefit the PSLS Forums?

how should I best put this, basically what I was trying to say was "mvp" the term itself most people would familiarize it with popularity as you mentioned. If that were the case, then some people would probably be a little put off (I can't say for sure I don't speak for everyone out there). that's what I meant, however with you guys that does not seem to be what you have in mind.
if it's something beneficial for the site, that would help build on it and such, then it is something I would back you guys up on without a doubt.

(if I'm not making sense please say so, it's like 1 something in the morning here so my head isn't all together awake)

how should I best put this, basically what I was trying to say was "mvp" the term itself most people would familiarize it with popularity as you mentioned. If that were the case, then some people would probably be a little put off (I can't say for sure I don't speak for everyone out there). that's what I meant, however with you guys that does not seem to be what you have in mind.
if it's something beneficial for the site, that would help build on it and such, then it is something I would back you guys up on without a doubt.

(if I'm not making sense please say so, it's like 1 something in the morning here so my head isn't all together awake)
Haha yes you are making sense, and yes it is crazy late. But yeah we aren't trying to separate users by any means, just show who is actually putting the time and effort into making the best forum it can be. ;)

I think the implementation of something similar to what I said would be great. What I want is a group of people that are not moderator but people that help, invite, post important things etc etc on the forums. With a group like that we could have a better place for all of us. Is not for making others superior to the average person that comes here. Is about making things easier on the staff, moderators and all of that. Like sharing the weight of the forums. Also with like a emblem of that group people would see that and maybe would feel like asking that group for the help they need or other questions than maybe the average poster would not know. Is just my opinion. It has worked on ther forums of different things so I think it can work here if its kept under control by not making it like "I am the superior Overlord of the forums" kind of thing.

I don't think that the OP is asking from a being popular standpoint, but more from a helping out community members point of view.

That is my point. I dont want to make a absolute power for others and then the average person would be like a peasant. IT IS NOT about that. My point is like a group of people that would accept to be on the forums as much as they can ( I'm not saying that you will not go to work, have family time, play games and study).

The thing is that not everybody stays everyday on the forums AND more people are going to join the forums someday and with the help from a group like that we could make the forums grow. We have to agree that will truly help PSLS. Its kinda of obvious because if people dont get inside PSLS or the forums so what would be the point?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"