If you could take the helm of any development studio to make a game, which would it be?

Hugo Stiglitz

PSLS Level: Bronze
And what game would you make???

I stole this question from Podcast Beyond because it's a good one in my opinion

I have 3 I'd like to pick. Polyphony Digital and we'd be making GT7 for PS4. Second would be Naughty Dog and we'd be making Resistance 4.

Number 1 is Polyphony Digital. As much as I love GT6, if I was in charge, it would be so much better (although cost a lot more to develop) so if I could make a game with them it'd be the ultimate Gran Turismo. It would not only have fixed the issues I have with GT6, but it would also add in motorcycles, and some open world racing.

There's tons of small improvements I'd make, but mainly I'd improve the AI first and foremost, then I'd improve the online portion, and the engine sounds.

Content wise, it would have tons of tracks, and the fully functional course maker they've promised but not as many cars. All cars will have cockpit view (since that's how I and anyone who cares about realism drives) and there would only be 400-500 cars.

The car list would have MUCH MORE VARIETY though. I'd have key cars from all kinds of different era's, as well as the most sought after cars of each decade, especially today. There would also be plenty of open wheeled cars because those are the most fun to drive in GT6 anyways. Also, plenty of track day cars like the Ariel Atom, Radical SR8, and Caparo T1.

Specifically, I'd add the Macau city track, the Bugatti Veyron SS, Lotus 49, Lotus 79, Formula Ford, and the Chrysler ME 412. I had to name those since they're the top on my list.

Naughty Dog and Resistance. To me that would be an amazing combo. I love the story behind resistance, and I loved the direction it was going after Resistance 2 but 3 completely failed to deliver what I wanted to see after 2.

3 was a great game other than the ending, but it completely ignored the best concepts the series had introduced in the second game which pissed me off.

Resistance 4 would dive head first into those concepts. The pure chimera would finally be making an appearance, but even more than that, they'd be the enemy in the game.

The game would start on earth, but end up in space, on the pure chimera's home world. Basically, all the surviving members of SRPA would be on a desperate mission to the pure chimera homeworld, to wipe them out.

Gameplay would be first person shooter, but with some old school style. Kind of like Wolfenstein but with much more variety. There would be some good quality dogfight combat in space, and even some first person platforming.

The Chimeran home world would be surprisingly colorful but not similar to earth. The levels on the chimeran world would be large, and similar to Crysis 1 in size and scope.

My favorite part about Resistance 4 though would be that it'll be starring James Grayson from Resistance Retribution but all of the other surviving characters would be in as well including Joe Cappelli from R2 and R3, and Cartwright, and Rachel Parker from Rfom and RR.

I'd also leave plenty of room for Naughty Dog's trademark set pieces, and brilliant storytelling.

Though with a team like Naughty Dog, there's so much you could do, and all of which would be great.

Last edited:
CRAPCOM, Platinum, and Konami.

With crapcom inwould give the entire studio a revamp, make an hd collection of viewtiful joe and make a new devil may cry game (a true sequel to 1-4). With platinum i would have them make another metal gear rising, a bayonetta 2 ps exclusive. And with konami a new ddr more like the fun ones in japan, and keep pumping out those mgs games as well as all their other good games.

I would go into Square Enix, do some serious restaffing, and beg and plead for Hironobu Sakaguchi to come back and make a good game, while simultaneously having another one of the house teams concentrate on some full-on remakes that the fans have been demanding for a million years.

My company ethos: "Respect the fans."

I'd take over EA. Not to make a game... to shut it down! But then I'd go to Beenox. I'd bring a copy of GTA V and say, "Here you go. Make the buildings taller and stick Spider-Man in there, done deal. Then I'd go to Capcom. I'd bring a copy of GTA V and say, "Here you go. Make most of the people in the city zombies and add Resident Evil characters in there, done deal. Then I'd go to Rockstar and tell them to make an open world game similar to GTA V with super heroes and zombies because that's what Beenox and Capcom are doing!

I'd take over EA. Not to make a game... to shut it down! But then I'd go to Beenox. I'd bring a copy of GTA V and say, "Here you go. Make the buildings taller and stick Spider-Man in there, done deal. Then I'd go to Capcom. I'd bring a copy of GTA V and say, "Here you go. Make most of the people in the city zombies and add Resident Evil characters in there, done deal. Then I'd go to Rockstar and tell them to make an open world game similar to GTA V with super heroes and zombies because that's what Beenox and Capcom are doing!

I'm guess it's safe to assume you're a big time GTA fan?

I'm guess it's safe to assume you're a big time GTA fan?

I'm a big time "creativity" fan. GTA V is a great game but what really impresses me about it is the amount of quality that went into making it. They keep raising the bar, which is good for the industry, and the attention to detail in every aspect of the game proves that Rockstar has the winning formula. It's like they were wearing Nathan Drake's ring. "sic parvis magna" Greatness from small beginnings! Other development companies need to pay attention to Rockstar and learn from their ways. :)

I'm a big time "creativity" fan. GTA V is a great game but what really impresses me about it is the amount of quality that went into making it. They keep raising the bar, which is good for the industry, and the attention to detail in every aspect of the game proves that Rockstar has the winning formula. It's like they were wearing Nathan Drake's ring. "sic parvis magna" Greatness from small beginnings! Other development companies need to pay attention to Rockstar and learn from their ways. :)

Honestly I was more impressed with Watchdogs Chicago. To me it seemed much more realistic. It seemed like a living breathing city to me. Los Santos still seemed like a video game but maybe that will change with the Ps4 version because they can put in more AI

I haven't had the pleasure of playing Watchdogs yet though its on my list! I am currently addicted to Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition. I don't know why I can't stop playing it.

I just got Infamous Second Son a few days ago. I'll beat that, then its off to pick up Watchdogs! If only there were just a few more hours in a day :)

I know this is cheating because I'm aiming a bit higher than just a studio, but I would like to take over Konami because at this point they're basically just "the guys who make Metal Gear and some sports stuff". First I'd rehire Igarashi and give them any resources they need to make a good 3D Castlevania on 8th gen consoles and PC, with a 2D Castlevania also being made for 3DS and Vita. Everything else would be just reviving old IPs that they're just sitting on, things like Contra, Gradius, Suikoden, Zone of the Enders, and even Rumble Roses. Come to think of it, a Yu-Gi-Oh game on Vita (and possibly Wii U) just seems to make sense, given the touch screen capabilities.

Holy shit Konami, get your shit together! You're going down the Capcom route

I'd take over for the guys at Visceral Games and make a Dead Space Prequel. The original team who made Dead Space only this time the game would

- Have no microtransauctions
- Take more inspiration from films such as Alien, Predator, Event Horizon, Sunshine ETC
- Ammo would be sparse
- Only tools and you'd have to construct the tools plus fix various things around the setting such as workbenches
- The enemy would consist of Necromorph as well as deranged former crew-members
The plot would follow one of the research ship coming across an Earth-GOV settlement that was abandoned after the necromorph attack (the implication that this takes place before DS1 and that Earth Gov are keeping the necromorph attacks a secret)

The crew decide to investigate and eventually they find everything going wrong too quickly and are forced to abandon the planet. An act of sabotage finds the ship crash landing. Forcing the crew to search the area to repair the ship whilst investigating which happened to the settlement and how to defeat the mysterious foes before they are all killed off.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing Watchdogs yet though its on my list! I am currently addicted to Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition. I don't know why I can't stop playing it.

I just got Infamous Second Son a few days ago. I'll beat that, then its off to pick up Watchdogs! If only there were just a few more hours in a day :)
I really enjoyed inFAMOUS Second Son, but haven't been into Watch_Dogs near as much, still working my way through the game actually.

I know this is cheating because I'm aiming a bit higher than just a studio, but I would like to take over Konami because at this point they're basically just "the guys who make Metal Gear and some sports stuff". First I'd rehire Igarashi and give them any resources they need to make a good 3D Castlevania on 8th gen consoles and PC, with a 2D Castlevania also being made for 3DS and Vita. Everything else would be just reviving old IPs that they're just sitting on, things like Contra, Gradius, Suikoden, Zone of the Enders, and even Rumble Roses. Come to think of it, a Yu-Gi-Oh game on Vita (and possibly Wii U) just seems to make sense, given the touch screen capabilities.

Oh god i remember rumble roses, fun game

I agree with this statement. series like Suikoden and Zone of the Enders are long overdue to be continued.

NINJA THEORY!!! but i would only do one of two things:
SHUT THEM DOWN
or restrict them to ios games.

I would take over NaughtyDog and have them do Call of Duty. I know I`m not the only one that knows the CoD stories are just rehashes of previous CoD stories which were weak the first time. Since ND really works on story I would love for them to do the single player (possibly the multi player if it HAD to be included)

This + Silent Hill.

Silent Hill has a slot to be filled on PS4, and I'm waiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"