If you could take the helm of any development studio to make a game, which would it be?

I'd take over for the guys at Visceral Games and make a Dead Space Prequel. The original team who made Dead Space only this time the game would

- Have no microtransauctions
- Take more inspiration from films such as Alien, Predator, Event Horizon, Sunshine ETC
- Ammo would be sparse
- Only tools and you'd have to construct the tools plus fix various things around the setting such as workbenches
- The enemy would consist of Necromorph as well as deranged former crew-members
The plot would follow one of the research ship coming across an Earth-GOV settlement that was abandoned after the necromorph attack (the implication that this takes place before DS1 and that Earth Gov are keeping the necromorph attacks a secret)

The crew decide to investigate and eventually they find everything going wrong too quickly and are forced to abandon the planet. An act of sabotage finds the ship crash landing. Forcing the crew to search the area to repair the ship whilst investigating which happened to the settlement and how to defeat the mysterious foes before they are all killed off.

Wow, you've really put a lot of thought into this. Great ideas. I love Dead Space and it would be cool to see your ideas materialize into a prequel story.

Wow, you've really put a lot of thought into this. Great ideas. I love Dead Space and it would be cool to see your ideas materialize into a prequel story.

Ever since I played Dead Space 3. I've always felt like the Dead Space franchise is one with a lot of potential as a survival horror franchise. It's like it got caught in some alleyway and Resident Evil tempted it into doing heroin with Call of Duty and Gears of War. I've thought that it needs to be a prequel so you can keep the mystery of the necromorph plus it's not that scary when the cast all know how to deal with the threat.

Plus it'd be cool to delve more into the psychological aspects of Dead Space. I mean you have the obvious inspirations there like I mention but what about Stanley Kubrick or Alfred Hitchcook? But yeah I put a lot of thought into this.

I'd take over for the guys at Visceral Games and make a Dead Space Prequel. The original team who made Dead Space only this time the game would

- Have no microtransauctions
- Take more inspiration from films such as Alien, Predator, Event Horizon, Sunshine ETC
- Ammo would be sparse
- Only tools and you'd have to construct the tools plus fix various things around the setting such as workbenches
- The enemy would consist of Necromorph as well as deranged former crew-members
The plot would follow one of the research ship coming across an Earth-GOV settlement that was abandoned after the necromorph attack (the implication that this takes place before DS1 and that Earth Gov are keeping the necromorph attacks a secret)

The crew decide to investigate and eventually they find everything going wrong too quickly and are forced to abandon the planet. An act of sabotage finds the ship crash landing. Forcing the crew to search the area to repair the ship whilst investigating which happened to the settlement and how to defeat the mysterious foes before they are all killed off.

I LOVED Dead Space 2. And I think Dead Space 1 and 2 are some of the best games of last gen easily.

I think 3 was a good game, but it wasn't a good Dead Space. It was too different from the first 2. A good game in its own right, but a terrible entry in the franchise just like AC IV. Both AC IV and Dead Space 3 would've been good games if they were a new IP, but in their respective series they were garbage IMO

I LOVED Dead Space 2. And I think Dead Space 1 and 2 are some of the best games of last gen easily.

I think 3 was a good game, but it wasn't a good Dead Space. It was too different from the first 2. A good game in its own right, but a terrible entry in the franchise just like AC IV. Both AC IV and Dead Space 3 would've been good games if they were a new IP, but in their respective series they were garbage IMO

Yeah I feel the same way about Dead Space 3. It was a good game if it was a new IP and not a Dead Space game. I think it's ok to like it as an entity of it's own, a lot like how Terminator 2 is a good movie but kind of fails as a sequel really when you think about it.

Dead Space is a game I think could do so much but it's like every other game on the market. It's so stuck to these arbitrary rules that the creators and publishers can't think outside the box. It's why I don't think Far Cry 4 will be any good, it'll be fun but it just looks like the creators have gone "Well you liked FC3 so we just made that again!". I hate codes and conventions, to me they are just arbitrary rules that tell content creators what's wrong and right, what happened to original thought? Or just creating original work? I just think entertainment shouldn't follow a formula.

Yeah I feel the same way about Dead Space 3. It was a good game if it was a new IP and not a Dead Space game. I think it's ok to like it as an entity of it's own, a lot like how Terminator 2 is a good movie but kind of fails as a sequel really when you think about it.

Dead Space is a game I think could do so much but it's like every other game on the market.
It's so stuck to these arbitrary rules that the creators and publishers can't think outside the box. It's why I don't think Far Cry 4 will be any good, it'll be fun but it just looks like the creators have gone "Well you liked FC3 so we just made that again!". I hate codes and conventions, to me they are just arbitrary rules that tell content creators what's wrong and right, what happened to original thought? Or just creating original work? I just think entertainment shouldn't follow a formula.

Yea I agree but also, if a game is good enough I actually like to see sequels. Problem is they'll make sequels even if the game was mediocre.

I would take over NaughtyDog and have them do Call of Duty. I know I`m not the only one that knows the CoD stories are just rehashes of previous CoD stories which were weak the first time. Since ND really works on story I would love for them to do the single player (possibly the multi player if it HAD to be included)

Why not just have Naughty Dog make a new I.P.?

Something like 40 percent of CoD players have tried the story mode. More than half, most of the CoD players have ONLY played the multiplayer? Why so people will buy it mindlessly and it'll get bad reviews because it's "not really a CoD" game?

These people can't even figure out that Modern Warfare 2 is a sequel to CoD Modern Warfare unless it has that CoD in front! They did focus tests, and name recognition wasn't there without CoD!

I'd take control of the best people for the job to port the following games to PS4.

Borderlands Bringing the Crazy Edition (PS4 reworking for the games based off a PC version)

From Software HD Collection (Demon's Souls + Dark Souls and 2 +DLC)

Elder Scrolls HD Standalones (Marrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim all done with Skyrim level visuals, and with the ability to choose between Classic or Skyrim leveling progressions with a bit of retooling)

Then I'd top it all off with taking over Blizzard and redoing Diablo 2 cell shaded in a way that kept with the original design, but updates the game so that it doesn't lose any of the fun, and I can just watch people love the game all over again, and sometimes for the first time.

If you can't tell all I want for the most part is games that choke the PS3 and strangle it, to be released on the PS4 and look phenomenal so I can put another 200 hours into each.

I think I would choose DotEmu, to make some PS1 & PS2 great ports, with remakes or new games on PSN.

I like the way they make retrogaming come back, and I think it's time for them to make ports from 90's & 2000's PS games

I'd bring a copy of GTA V and say, "Here you go. Make most of the people in the city zombies and add Resident Evil characters in there, done deal.

With crapcom inwould give the entire studio a revamp, make an hd collection of viewtiful joe and make a new devil may cry game (a true sequel to 1-4).

Kodi nox

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"