Minecraft PS Vita Edition out on Oct 14th in US & Oct 15th in EU

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
http://thevitalounge.net/minecraft-ps-vita-edition-out-in-august/
  • Minecraft: Playstation 3 + Vita Edition will be available on the PSN in August.
  • It will include all the features from the most recent Playstation 3 version, including online play, on Vita.
  • If you’ve bought Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition from PSN you’ll be able to upgrade for free.
  • We are working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment to look into ways to enable upgrade from the Blu-ray disc version of Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition to Minecraft: Playstation 3 and Vita. We’ll have more info on this closer to release.
  • This means everyone who has bought Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition from PSN will get it on Vita for free. Those fluent in Sony-speak might refer to the deal as “Cross-buy.”
  • Minecraft: Playstation 3 + Vita Edition will cost $19.99.
  • It doesn’t matter if you buy for PS3 or Vita first, you own the game for both platforms.
  • Saves are transferrable between the Playstation 3 and Vita versions of Minecraft. You will be able to craft at home on your Playstation 3, then continue on the bus/toilet with your Playstation Vita.
  • All of the DLC you’ve purchased for Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition will work on Playstation 3 + Vita Edition.
Update 2.0:
http://thevitalounge.net/minecraft-european-release-date-confirmed-for-next-week/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/10/minecraft-ps-vita-edition-coming-to-ps-store-next-week/
  • EU release is on October 15th.
  • US release is on October 14th.

Last edited:
Like I said in another thread over this, time to get the PS3 version. Cross buy is such an awesome feature. Great to see these developers supporting it. Though I'm doubting the PS4 version will be free as well, I could be wrong though.

Like I said in another thread over this, time to get the PS3 version. Cross buy is such an awesome feature. Great to see these developers supporting it. Though I'm doubting the PS4 version will be free as well, I could be wrong though.
It won't be free, but it won't require the full asking price from I've seen. It'll require an upgrade cost but not the full price.

The cross-buy thing is very sweet and unexpected. Kinda curious to see if the PS3 version will go on sale between now and August.

ps4v5u.png

Leaving this here for those who are curious about the PS4 upgrade.

It probably won't be a September release. If anything, we'll be lucky to get it in October, considering it hasn't even passed Sony quality control (which considering Assassin's Creed and Borderlands 2 isn't all that tough).

That said... I still have hope that Minecraft will move some Vitas.

It probably won't be a September release. If anything, we'll be lucky to get it in October, considering it hasn't even passed Sony quality control (which considering Assassin's Creed and Borderlands 2 isn't all that tough).

That said... I still have hope that Minecraft will move some Vitas.
Well, the PS4 one is the one that hasn't passed SCE's quality control. I don't believe they have submitted the Vita version. Which is extra worrying.
The only way it hits September is as a 30th release, IMO. That's assuming they finish it in the next week, submit it to SCE who passes it in about a week. Giving them time to print the carts and ship them to retailers.

Well, the PS4 one is the one that hasn't passed SCE's quality control. I don't believe they have submitted the Vita version. Which is extra worrying.
The only way it hits September is as a 30th release, IMO. That's assuming they finish it in the next week, submit it to SCE who passes it in about a week. Giving them time to print the carts and ship them to retailers.

Same studio doing both ports, so my hopes aren't high.

Looks like it released on the Playstation store now but it doesnt seem to be cross-buy yet. At least it still stays $19.99 on the store for me and I own the PS3 version digitally.

Edit: Nevermind, its working for me now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"