No Platinum on Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Lifewish

중재자
Staff member
According to the great PlayStation LifeStyle, MGS V: Ground Zeroes will not have a Platinum trophy because it is priced lower than a retail game should be. What does everyone think about this?

Personally I think Sony will reverse this decision but I am not too upset with it myself. The game is a 2 hour game with 8 hours or so of extra content.

I don't particularly care about trophies. They are completely arbitrary. But, I don't see the big hubbub about this. You're getting a piece of a game, not the whole product. At least, that's how I view Ground Zeroes. A "long-term demo" if you will, of Phantom Pain.

Not necessarily a horrible thing, but yes it is frustrating. There are some games that have Platinum trophies that have less content than this game has. Hopefully it gets fixed. Does the Xbox version have 1000 Gamerscore?

Not necessarily a horrible thing, but yes it is frustrating. There are some games that have Platinum trophies that have less content than this game has. Hopefully it gets fixed. Does the Xbox version have 1000 Gamerscore?
yes it does have 1000

Honestly it's a bit strange, but to be honest I've never really figured out how they decided what games get platinum and what games don't. It used to be pretty much divided between digital and retail, but now that those two categories are merging more and more that isn't a good measurement. For example Plants vs. Zombies for the PS3 doesn't have a platinum, but somehow the Vita version does.

I guess it's by content, but I still see games that could totally have platinum, but don't. So if that's the case and this game isn't that long then it would make sense if it didn't get 1000 points from Microsoft. I guess it just feels like there isn't much of a hard standard in the whole process.

I find this strange, I knOw at one point price mattered, but I just bought Strider, a $15 game, and it has one, so this decision is strange.

I feel like it isn't a full game and does not deserve a platinum trophy.
To this point, there are many games that DO have plats that probably shouldn't then. Tons of tiny, short, budget PSN games have been given platinums, but what is the final criteria?? I really want to find a contact at Sony that will dish the details to me about the trophy system. Everything. The ins and outs of it all. Perhaps I'll make that a point of attack next month...

could care less, there's a lot of games out there with no platinum. kojima did describe this as more of a pre-quel so a platinum isn't even needed.

could care less, there's a lot of games out there with no platinum. kojima did describe this as more of a pre-quel so a platinum isn't even needed.
Except that it got 1000 GS, which is kinda unfair. And smaller, shorter titles on PSN have had platinums, where this one doesn't. It's not a huge deal, but it's a huge mystery as to exactly why.

Except that it got 1000 GS, which is kinda unfair. And smaller, shorter titles on PSN have had platinums, where this one doesn't. It's not a huge deal, but it's a huge mystery as to exactly why.
1000 GS is not the same as a platinum trophy though. If you look at every other game the achievements are exactly the same as the trophies. The only difference being that there is an "extra" trophy added for the platinum. You are still getting the exact same amount of achievements. I think the problem is with how different the systems are. On Xbox you could complete 5 different 200 GS games to get 1000 GS. Completing 5 different games on PS would not add up to a platinum trophy. This is partly why I prefer trophies over achievements. I can look at a 80000 GS and not have any clue how they got there. If I look at look at 80 platinum trophies and instantly know they completed 80 different games to get there.

1000 GS is not the same as a platinum trophy though. If you look at every other game the achievements are exactly the same as the trophies. The only difference being that there is an "extra" trophy added for the platinum. You are still getting the exact same amount of achievements. I think the problem is with how different the systems are. On Xbox you could complete 5 different 200 GS games to get 1000 GS. Completing 5 different games on PS would not add up to a platinum trophy. This is partly why I prefer trophies over achievements. I can look at a 80000 GS and not have any clue how they got there. If I look at look at 80 platinum trophies and instantly know they completed 80 different games to get there.

That's stretching it. Getting 1000/1000 on a singular game is the exact equivalent of earning a platinum on the PSN.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"