Platinum THIS!

1891376_10203385364499378_1664599152_o.jpg

My latest platinum trophy is The LEGO Movie for PS4.

Congrats! How is the game overall? Have yet to try that series out.
If you really enjoyed older FF-type RPGs and don't want to invest a million hours into every game, then play the Dragon Fantasy games. There is still a little bit of grinding if you want to powerhouse everything at the end, but it's not comparable to gearing up for Emerald Weapon in FFVII or anything like that.

MILD PLOT IRRELEVANT SPOILER FOLLOWS

The way I explained the game to my friends was by comparing it to Retro City Rampage. It's a spoof of FF and Dragon Quest, and the game constantly parodies random other pop culture things (like in DF: Book II, there's a book on one of the shelves that mentions History of the World Part I; on another shelf across the room, there's a book entitled History of the World Part II with no words in it). I'd go as far to say that they're must-plays for fans of the genre.

If you really enjoyed older FF-type RPGs and don't want to invest a million hours into every game, then play the Dragon Fantasy games. There is still a little bit of grinding if you want to powerhouse everything at the end, but it's not comparable to gearing up for Emerald Weapon in FFVII or anything like that.

The way I explained the game to my friends was by comparing it to Retro City Rampage. It's a spoof of FF and Dragon Quest, and the game constantly parodies random other pop culture things (like in DF: Book II, there's a book on one of the shelves that mentions History of the World Part I; on another shelf across the room, there's a book entitled History of the World Part II with no words in it). I'd go as far to say that they're must-plays for fans of the genre.

Earthbound had this bizarre sense of humor. It's not really like Earthbound, but if someone liked Earthbound they'd probably get hooked on this game IMO.

Just got platinum #51 and my first PS4 platinum: Resogun :).

I think I'm starting to get back in the gaming mood a little bit. My fatigue to play games for a long period of time has gone down a lot over the years, but recently it has felt a bit better. Probably because I'm excited about the PS4 Japanese launch this week.

FINALLY!

Sc2d69f.png
1S91f887.png
True Survivor

I ended up spending a few hours yesterday grinding most of this out, multiple podcasts and a movie. Then a couple more podcasts and some TableTop got me through the last few levels today.

Now to say goodbye to it and never see it again! (Unless the rumors about TR being a PS+ title for PS3 next month are true...)

I doubt I'll platinum this or AC4, probably not any of the multiplayer games lol. Final Fantasy XIV usually drains all of the time I'd take to play multiplayer of another game. Maybe one day when I'm in that sort of mood, but it hasn't been lately

Definitely will be checking it out. Thanks for the info. I love old school RPG games, they are a lost genre IMO.

Got my Guacamelee Platinum not too long ago! Was trying to platinum GTA V, but it gets pretty boring after the main story...

Got my Guacamelee Platinum not too long ago! Was trying to platinum GTA V, but it gets pretty boring after the main story...
Yeah I still want to go back and platinum GTA V as well. I thought the multiplayer would keep me coming back for more. But with the lack of online heists and such I kind of just lost interest in the game.

Yeah I still want to go back and platinum GTA V as well. I thought the multiplayer would keep me coming back for more. But with the lack of online heists and such I kind of just lost interest in the game.

Yup, my same issue with the game, it needs something more. Or maybe i just need to play with friends.

Alice Madness returns
Bleach Soul resurrection
saints row the third
devil may cry 1
devil may cry 3
resident evil 6
beyond two souls
deadpool
hatsune miku project diva f
hitman absolution
mini ninjas
ncis

those are all the ones I have.

the most recent:
Beyond two souls
devil may cry 1

working on:

devil may cry 2
sengoku basara 3
lollipop chainsaw
bioshock infinite
and splatterhouse (then that game is being sold)

I have multiple accts, so some of these are spread out lol

Last edited:
That's my point though. There were some outstanding ones on PSP. Hopefully as time goes on the Vita will get some more.
I'm still just not sure what you consider "Old School JRPGs"

Are you talking about pixel art? Does Cross-Edge count? Do the Tales series count? I don't know what counts, and depending on what your criteria is the answer changes. What about the Disgaea series? Like how old school is old school or is it just the aesthetic you want?

Man platinuming Devil May Cry has to be a bitch. S ranks on everything?[/quo

@MakaiOokami
if you are referring to the HD collection then yes it's hard. devil may cry 4 took awhile but was still hard.

the ninja theory game getting s ranks was so easy my bro's 2 week old could get them.

I'm still just not sure what you consider "Old School JRPGs"

Are you talking about pixel art? Does Cross-Edge count? Do the Tales series count? I don't know what counts, and depending on what your criteria is the answer changes. What about the Disgaea series? Like how old school is old school or is it just the aesthetic you want?
I think it depends honestly. When I hear old school RPG I think of turn based, with pixel based art. There are different genres within it. Strategy, turn based, etc.

I think it depends honestly. When I hear old school RPG I think of turn based, with pixel based art. There are different genres within it. Strategy, turn based, etc.
Well the reason why I say, is because it's hard to define "Turn based"

FF7 for example you can't just leave running or you'll die.

However there's timing and stuff required for Cross-Edge. It has pixel art.

The Disgaea games are strategical, and you can turn on pixelish arts... But they are hand drawn sprites now.

I just have a hard time defining "Old School" style JRPGs.

Have you tried the Record of Agarest War series?

Well the reason why I say, is because it's hard to define "Turn based"

FF7 for example you can't just leave running or you'll die.

However there's timing and stuff required for Cross-Edge. It has pixel art.

The Disgaea games are strategical, and you can turn on pixelish arts... But they are hand drawn sprites now.

I just have a hard time defining "Old School" style JRPGs.

Have you tried the Record of Agarest War series?
I see what you mean, but when seeing games like FFXII and XIII, those aren't old school to me anymore. I prefer turn based RPG's.

No I haven't tried the Record of Agarest War series, heard good things though.

I see what you mean, but when seeing games like FFXII and XIII, those aren't old school to me anymore. I prefer turn based RPG's.

No I haven't tried the Record of Agarest War series, heard good things though.
Well there's the Ar Tonelico series
Atelier series
Record of Agarest War series
Dragon Fantasy I and II
Costume Quest
Vandal Hearts
Disgaea series, and more
Trinity Universe.

Then again some of those might not fit your qualifications as well. Most of them aren't pixel art.

There's just the problem of wanting Pixel graphics. People don't want them anymore unless it's a cheap game. That makes it hard to make a good one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"