PS Vita Announcements at PSX 2014

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
A few hours ago the PlayStation Experience keynote wrapped up. While the focus was on PS4 as everyone expected, the Vita did get a decent amount of announcements. More than I was expecting anyways.

Super Time Force Ultra (PS4/Vita)

Are side-scrolling platformer/shooters too difficult for you? Too bad because Capy Games’ Super Time Force Ultra isn’t going to hold your hand through its bite-sized but intense levels. Luckily, you can rewind time, bring back fallen characters, and add their previous runs to your current one for absurd extra firepower (or just a little help to get past timing-based obstacles).

Towerfall: Ascension (PS4/Vita)
Perhaps shooting your friends in the head is more your style? In Towerfall, up to four players compete in arena-based combat, launching super-powered arrows at each other until only one (or one team) survives. It’s fast and addicting, and on the Vita! Along with Towerfall Ascension the new Dark World expansion content with new characters, levels, and power-ups will also be available for both Vita and PS4!

The Banner Saga (PS4/Vita)
The critically acclaimed strategy role-playing game is coming to the Vita. The Banner Saga features beautiful, hand-drawn art and animations; deep, tactical combat; and an epic story influenced by Viking legends that players can shape with their choices.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PS4/Vita)
Our eight-legged — and intentionally difficult to control — hero is back for the Vita, sloppily knocking over everything in his path as he attempts to complete normal, everyday tasks (like mowing the lawn or going grocery shopping). Octodad just wants to be a normal guy, after all, and live peacefully with his human wife and kids in this lighthearted and hilarious adventure.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/Vita)
Famous series protagonist Claire Redfield returns (and goes portable) in the latest release in the Revelations Franchise! The Vita version is being produced and digitally published by Third Party Production

Darkest Dungeon (PS4/Vita)
Darkest Dungeon focuses on the humanity and psychological vulnerability of the heroes and asks: What emotional toll does a life of adventure take? It is a game about hard trade-offs, nearly certain demise, and heroic acts. Prepare to experience an RPG like nothing you have played before.

Suikoden I & II (PS3/Vita)
The legendary PS1 RPGs are finally coming out West as Suikoden I & II make their PS1 Classic debut on Vita (and PS3) this coming Tuesday, December 9th thanks to our good friends at Konami and countless #BuildingTheList requests!

Bastion
In this original action role-playing game set in a lush, imaginative world, players must create and fight for civilization's last refuge as a mysterious narrator marks their every move. The goal of Bastion is to construct a safe haven in the wake of the Calamity, a cataclysmic event that shattered the world into a series of floating islands. As players journey into the wild unknown in search of survivors and supplies, they will confront strange beasts, forge an array of customizable weapons, and gain new powers from specially-brewed spirits. The entire play experience of Bastion is dynamically narrated, gradually revealing a rich backstory as the narrator reacts to the player's actions in real time.

Geometry Wars 3

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions is a new evolution of the iconic, fast-paced and frenetic Geometry Wars shooter gameplay. It introduces full 3D action and competitive online multiplayer for the first time in the franchise.

Shovel Knight

MLB: The Show 15

Broken Age

Grim Fandango Remastered on Jan 27th

Severed

Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition

All these games are expected to release by the end of Summer 2015.

Last edited:
I've wanted Bastion on Vita for years, I'm sure I can be quoted on some article in PSLS somewhere as saying that.

Shame that all the announcements are multiplats.

They showed some really good looking games. However, like you said they are all multiplat. SCE seems reluctant to internally develop a PSN title exclusively for Vita.

I don't mind that they are multiplats as I only own mobile platforms. I am SO excited for this. Bastion? I'm in. Already own it on PC, but I'll buy it anyway.

Grim Fandango? Hello childhood!

Suikoden? YES!

Resident Evil Revelations? YEEES!!!!!

I'm pumped. Really happy.

Also, I didn't even check all the releases yesterday because I knew I'd get all the news here from @Borshay, haha.

Just gonna throw this out there: Right now there are a total of 133 games that have been announced for Vita that have yet to release. This does not include Japanese releases.

I've been slacking on the news front lately. Been busy lol.

Couple games I'm rather interested in from yesterday. My friend really enjoyed Bastion and keeps pestering me about it. RE Revelations 2, this one is kinda meh to me. I haven't been interested in Resident Evil since RE4 on Gamecube. Also got a cousin who's favorite game is Suikoden II. He might pick up a PS TV just to play it.

Revelations on 3DS got a pretty decent following. A lot of people saying it was a return to form.

133 games? But how? the Vita has no games!

I know lol. I have a self inflicted "no new games" rule going. I really need to clear out so of my backlog.

It has been confirmed that the PlayStation Experience will be an annual event. Im looking forward to see the Vita at PSX2015!

Good. Fuck E3, leave the Vita stuff to PSX. I don't care. I just wanted games and everyone came through. Being honest, AAA+ absence aside, I think I'm almost set for all of 2015.

I would just like to see few more localization announcements and then I'll be happy for 2015.
Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Dangnronpa: Another Episode, and it would be awesome to see Phantasy Star Nova and the new Digimon localized.

B4R_dbCCcAARjla.jpg

I would just like to see few more localization announcements and then I'll be happy for 2015.
Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Dangnronpa: Another Episode, and it would be awesome to see Phantasy Star Nova and the new Digimon localized.

I think SAO and Danganrompa are almost 100% sure to be localized. I'd also like to see Phantasy Star and Digimon localized, though.

Am I the only one who has 0 interest in Disney's Infinity, though? I don't see the appeal.

I do like that the Vita actually got some love, it is just depressing that almost all the love it got were older games making their way to the Vita or PS4 games that are porting over to Vita..

But still games are better than no games :)

oh and Idillicah, I have no interest in Disney Infinity

I have a little interest in Infinity. Very very little. I wish the Vita had a Marvel Ultimate Alliance or XMen Legend game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"