Remote play over the internet

Hugo Stiglitz

PSLS Level: Bronze
I recently got myself a smart phone which happens to be WiFi hotspot capable. So while at work, I played some Killzone Mercenary online. It worked quite well.

The Internet Connection Test on Vita said I was getting 6.2 mbps down, 2.2 up.

I tried to remote play with PS4, and it failed. It connected, registered, and then said "Vita connection maybe too slow". I highly doubt that since my Vita connection is about twice as fast as my home connection.

THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE: Has anyone else been able to get remote play working over the internet? Whether through another Wifi connection, or mobile hotspot?

I'm a bit disappointed that my connection is too slow to get it working. I planned on doing remote play a lot with my new phone but I guess not.

I've heard some success stories, but I have yet to experience them myself. My work internet blocks the PSN, so I can't connect to the Wifi here. I've been itching to try the next time I go to visit my mother-in-law or my own mom, but haven't had that opportunity since getting the PS4.

I have done remote play at home several times, but have yet to try it over an internet connection, though I am sure some of the other members have attempted it.

I've heard some success stories, but I have yet to experience them myself. My work internet blocks the PSN, so I can't connect to the Wifi here. I've been itching to try the next time I go to visit my mother-in-law or my own mom, but haven't had that opportunity since getting the PS4.

Same here kind of. I've yet to go anywhere that I could try it until I got this phone. Seems like my connection at home is way too slow so that's always something to consider.

I think Sony recommends that you have 15 down, 10 up on both connections to have the best experience possible

I would've thought you would only need 5 mbps down, 1 up like they're recommending for PS Now but I guess there's more to it.

Same here kind of. I've yet to go anywhere that I could try it until I got this phone. Seems like my connection at home is way too slow so that's always something to consider.

I think Sony recommends that you have 15 down, 10 up on both connections to have the best experience possible

I would've thought you would only need 5 mbps down, 1 up like they're recommending for PS Now but I guess there's more to it.
I know that even onmy home network, I got a MASSIVE improvement going from about 9 mbps and a far away router (tons of lag, sometimes would disconnect) to about 25 mbps with my PS4 hardwired in (hardly any lag or "skipping" at all, managed to platinum Spidey 2 via remote play). But again, that's home network, not internet based remote play, so most of that improvement may be from relocating the router and hardwiring the PS4.

My ps4 is wired to the router. I have 50/5 internet at home, and whenever I have to house sit for my parents when they go out of town, I have yet to establish a proper connection off their 15/1 connection.

Frustrating, because I can't even connect to my ps3, and I used to be able to do that with my psp.

My ps4 is wired to the router. I have 50/5 internet at home, and whenever I have to house sit for my parents when they go out of town, I have yet to establish a proper connection off their 15/1 connection.

Frustrating, because I can't even connect to my ps3, and I used to be able to do that with my psp.

It's the upload speed for sure. 1 mbps upload isn't fast enough. It needs to transmit data at a higher fidelity than the PSP did.

z6cgshD.jpg

here is someone from reddit playing remote play via wifi in a tim hortons coffee shop. here is the reddit link http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/26ovse/remote_play_on_a_tim_hortons_wifi_from_half_way/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"