Ridiculous Trophies

How has Heavy Rain's 'Kamikaze' trophy not been mentioned at all here? Lol. Granted, I only got the game myself last year (after having played a friend's a while beforehand), but it seems to be pretty notorious for being a royal pain to get, between the uncertainty of mixed opinions on the method and seemingly glitched event flags.

On the note of inFamous, though, I think the bigger problem in getting the platinum is the stunt list. One in particular ('Have A Nice Fall,' I think?) only gives you about two chances within the quest line to get it (one really early in the story and one way later), and if you don't get it from one of those, then it's left up to an extremely low chance of a random encounter that meets the required conditions. I got all the blast shards with relative ease, just needing a map of their locations for the last few. (Even then, it took me quite a while to narrow down the last one I needed, but it wasn't that terrible.) Granted, yes, without a guide, I'm sure it'd be damn near impossible, but... why put yourself through so much struggle when there are such resources readily available? Lol. I, for one, find no shame in using guides for some of these harder-to-get trophies.

There are quite a few games, though, that I just have no intention of getting certain trophies for, because they just require far more effort than I'm willing to put forth. I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my backlog, nevermind trying to chase after ridiculous trophies.

How has Heavy Rain's 'Kamikaze' trophy not been mentioned at all here? Lol. Granted, I only got the game myself last year (after having played a friend's a while beforehand), but it seems to be pretty notorious for being a royal pain to get, between the uncertainty of mixed opinions on the method and seemingly glitched event flags.

On the note of inFamous, though, I think the bigger problem in getting the platinum is the stunt list. One in particular ('Have A Nice Fall,' I think?) only gives you about two chances within the quest line to get it (one really early in the story and one way later), and if you don't get it from one of those, then it's left up to an extremely low chance of a random encounter that meets the required conditions. I got all the blast shards with relative ease, just needing a map of their locations for the last few. (Even then, it took me quite a while to narrow down the last one I needed, but it wasn't that terrible.) Granted, yes, without a guide, I'm sure it'd be damn near impossible, but... why put yourself through so much struggle when there are such resources readily available? Lol. I, for one, find no shame in using guides for some of these harder-to-get trophies.

There are quite a few games, though, that I just have no intention of getting certain trophies for, because they just require far more effort than I'm willing to put forth. I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my backlog, nevermind trying to chase after ridiculous trophies.
The Infamous stunts weren't that bad. I think I knocked them out in like 2 or 3 hours. Now... friggin Blast Shards... There are hundreds of the things... Why do I ahve to get ALL of them? Why not like 95 percent?

Plants Versus Zombies was mind numbing.

That and Sonic Sega Collection Platinum.

PvZ for having to get a trophy by getting lucky at slots.... That trophy probably took me 7 hours of grinding.

Sonic Sega Genesis Collection for having Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I could not beat that for the life of me. I got the Platinum because I started watching t.v. shows and I stopped watching what I was doing, and I got lucky. Not even joking. I hate luck trophies.

Plants Versus Zombies was mind numbing.

That and Sonic Sega Collection Platinum.

PvZ for having to get a trophy by getting lucky at slots.... That trophy probably took me 7 hours of grinding.

Sonic Sega Genesis Collection for having Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I could not beat that for the life of me. I got the Platinum because I started watching t.v. shows and I stopped watching what I was doing, and I got lucky. Not even joking. I hate luck trophies.
Agreed. Luck trophies have no skill attached to them. Super frustrating.

I had an issue with Have a Nice Fall as well. I only obtained this towards the end of my good play through by a random encounter on a small rooftop. Whenever I legitimately tried to do it, it was like herding cats. One would always try to flank me while the other 2 hid behind cover.

Was your last shard the one that was "in the ocean?"

I had an issue with Have a Nice Fall as well. I only obtained this towards the end of my good play through by a random encounter on a small rooftop. Whenever I legitimately tried to do it, it was like herding cats. One would always try to flank me while the other 2 hid behind cover.

Last shard?

XD

I don't have platinum silly. I'm like 100 shards away. XD I got the "Have a nice fall" regularly. I'm just good at trolling the game.

Last shard?

XD

I don't have platinum silly. I'm like 100 shards away. XD I got the "Have a nice fall" regularly. I'm just good at trolling the game.

How dare you not find every single shard! The fact that you haven't broken your controller and given yourself blisters pinging every single inch of that game world sickens me. I have nothing more to say to you! Good day! GOOD DAY!

trying to platinum gran turismo is a bitch, as well as some of the metal gear rising trophies. more specifically the beating a boss on revengeance mode without taking damage, and getting the number one spot in all of the vr missions.

Yeah, even when you do manage to find three enemies on the same rooftop, getting them all together close enough for a Shockwave is pretty difficult -- not to mention trying not to die while you wait for them to herd together. I believe I finally managed to get it in that early mission, during a replay.

As for the shards, there were a few that were pretty out there, but yeah, that sounds like it might've been the same one I got last. I know a few of the last ones I got were out around the dock areas, but I can't remember exactly which one was my last shard.

trying to platinum gran turismo is a bitch, as well as some of the metal gear rising trophies. more specifically the beating a boss on revengeance mode without taking damage, and getting the number one spot in all of the vr missions.

None of that sounds like any fun. How far off of Gran Turismo are you?

I'm finding "Never give up" for Dead Nation to be near impossible... It relies too much on pure luck. Anyone willing to help?

Luck based trophies suck really badly. A platinum could feasibly be extended by as much as 10 - 20 hours based purely on luck (looking at you Knack... and your stupid damn diamonds...).

Currently I am frustrated at the final Time Trial in Rayman Origins (Mecha No Mistake), in which you literally cannot make a mistake. Clearing it in time is no problem at all, clearing it without dying is the tough part. And worst part is that I know I can do it. I already got the plat in the Vita version, just need this level done for the PS3 plat.

Finishing every level on chaos difficulty in Warriors Orochi 3 seemed like it was going to be eternal, but then I discovered the gold weapon abilities and killed Orochi X in less than 5 seconds while riding a horse.

GTA4's Wanted trophy was a pain in the ass. I dedicated nearly the whole weekend to gaming, and got it. Killzone 2's trophy for being in the top 1% for that week online was a huge pain in the ass. Finished that one too. If I can just get that last trophy for Max Payne 3 (The Shadows Rushed Me) for beating NYMHC mode. I would honestly die happy. It has given me such grief. The farthest I have gotten is the end of level 12 out of 14 levels. I hate that trophy more than words describe.

Luck based trophies suck really badly. A platinum could feasibly be extended by as much as 10 - 20 hours based purely on luck (looking at you Knack... and your stupid damn diamonds...).

Currently I am frustrated at the final Time Trial in Rayman Origins (Mecha No Mistake), in which you literally cannot make a mistake. Clearing it in time is no problem at all, clearing it without dying is the tough part. And worst part is that I know I can do it. I already got the plat in the Vita version, just need this level done for the PS3 plat.
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...lypse-edition/trophy/80635-Never-Give-Up.html

Maybe this will help.

As far as luck based Nier involved a lot of it. If I remember right I spent a few hours just fishing to catch a certain fish. One ridiculous trophy that comes to my mind is one in the game Super Stacker it involves beating all 120 levels in one go without making a mistake. And sometimes the game physics make you lose even if you stack them right. That's one game I don't think I'll ever complete.

Any game with any kind of multiplayer trophy is just awful, plain and simple. You either get lucky and get them fast enough or you miss out and you are done because the community pretty much dies or servers shut down. I just picked up Homefront and that has 11 trophies or so I will never be able to get because the MP servers are gone. Besides those, any kind of trophy that has a huge number of things you need to get and no way to track it. Risette Fan from Persona 4? Blast Shards from Infamous 1? Awful

perfectspheremasterffx.png
This Final Fantasy X HD trophy requires you not only to fill in all of the existing nodes on the sphere grid with every character, but also to fill in the empty nodes as well. My prediction: my final battles will be superb!

View attachment 781
This Final Fantasy X HD trophy requires you not only to fill in all of the existing nodes on the sphere grid with every character, but also to fill in the empty nodes as well. My prediction: my final battles will be superb!
It would be manageable if it weren't for having to go back through the whole grid and empty nodes. Not to mention the damned Luck nodes!!!!! I despise those stupid things and just want to overwrite them all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"