Sneak Peek of the Vita's August Releases

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
Nothing is final! As we seen in July things move around or are announced and stealth released on us.

Event:
Sony's Gamescom 2014 press conference will take place on Tuesday, August 12 at 11am PT / 2pm ET / 7pm GMT.

Here are the upcoming titles:
The Swapper (August 5th)
Metrico (August 5th)
Table Top Racing (August 5th)
MotoGP 13 (August 5th)
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (August 12th)
Gravity Crash Ultra (August 12th)
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (August 12th)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (August 12th)
Hohokum (August 12th)
CounterSpy (August 19th)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (August 19th)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (August 26th)

Date TBA
Minecraft (Rumors of it being pushed to September)
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (Only a 'soon after PS4' release date is known)

PS+ Titles
Fez
Proteus
Metrico
Dragon's Crown
Road Not Taken PS4 (Not releasing on Vita until Fall, added this because if it turns out to be cross buy, you could download the PS4 version and redeem the Vita one for free once it releases)

The Swapper / August 5th
Review / Trailer / Pics
The Swapper is an atmospheric puzzle platformer set in the furthest reaches of space. Players wield an experimental device able to clone the user and swap control between them. Dropped into a character and world as mysterious as the workings of the device itself, The Swapper is a game of exploration of a very personal nature.

Metrico / August 5th / PS+ Title
Trailer / Pics
Metrico twists the business world against itself with atmospheric puzzle action gameplay centered around an overload of infographics. The beauty of this aesthetic now challenges you to escape it, as players proceed through a unique infographic world. Metrico utilizes the unique PS Vita-enabled controls in interesting new ways to further challenge the status quo.

Table Top Racing / August 5th
Trailer / Pics
From the co-creators of Sony's blockbuster PlayStation franchise 'WipEout' comes 'Table Top Racing', a fast and furious combat racing game featuring console quality graphics and gameplay.

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds / August 12th
Trailer / Pics
A spinoff to the fighting game Phantom Breaker, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is a cooperative action game for up to four players. Cute versions of the series' characters dash around the screen in this action packed title.Defeat enemies to raise your characters' levels and freely assign skills to your liking.Also enjoy head to head fights in the Battleground mode.

Gravity Crash Ultra / August 12th
Trailer
The classic PlayStation 3 shooter game has been remixed and amped up as Gravity Crash Ultra.
For this enhanced Vita version UK developers Just Add Water have implemented precision controls that use both analog sticks; maximized the console’s OLED display with the full 960x544 native resolution with eye-popping colors and retained that all-important 60 FPS frame-rate, giving players the smoothest, slickest possible Gravity Crash yet.

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed / August 12th
Trailer / Pics
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed takes players on an eclectic trip through Tokyo’s “Electric Town” electronics district in which they will battle vampire-like foes in over-the-top, highly stylized role-playing action.
Work to repel a brooding malevolence that has suffused Tokyo’s popular electronics district, Akihabara (Akiba for short), which has been painstakingly remodeled in the game to resemble its real life counterpart. Akiba has been invaded by creatures known as “Synthisters” who prey on the otaku patrons of Akihabara like vampires, but feast on their will to live and energy to socialize rather than their blood. Only direct exposure to sunlight can destroy the Synthisters, and it’s up to players to ensure that that’s just what they get. If only it weren’t for those pesky clothes protecting them from the sun’s harmful rays…

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited / August 12th
Trailer / Pics
The original game had a cast and story that was widely praised as one of the best in the series, and this PlayStation Vita version offers players a chance to relive that adventure on the go, and with brand-new content! Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited comes packed with in-depth gameplay, everlasting value, and the great sense of humor you’ve come to love. The graphics engine truly brings Takehito Harada’s characters to life with fluid animations and high definition details. Create your own political party and take advantage of a slew of new battle and strategic features expanding upon the already staggering replay value. Grab your PS Vita and stop the Corrupternment’s evil doings with the power of...sardines?

Hohokum / August 12th
Trailer / Pics
Hohokum is a colorful exploration based adventure game. Players control a space worm, flying around rescuing people from their city under distress.
Hohokum is a collaboration between Honeyslug, an independent game developer based in North London, and Richard Hogg, an artist and designer. After launching as a web-based gaming experiment in 2010, Hohokum comes to PlayStation consoles now fully formed thanks to a collaboration with game design studios Honeyslug and SCE Studios Santa Monica, delivering the same unique exploration experience in a refined and expansive adventure waiting to be explored!

CounterSpy / August 19th
Trailer / Pics
In Counterspy players must prevent the U.S. and USSR from going to war by completing various missions that will roll back the Doomsday Clock, a device that indicates how close the player is to all-out war.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (August 19th)
Review / Trailer / Pics
In Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, take on the role of Kirito, who has been locked into the VR world of Aincrad by the creator of a bizarre game along with thousands of other players. To escape the fantastical and dangerous world, players must explore and defeat the enemies contained within. Actively engage monsters and characters and experience aggressive battles with breathtaking attack actions, exhilarating combos and powerful burst attacks. Continuing to fight is essential when locked in the VR world -- if players die in the fantasy world, their character will die in real life.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (August 26th)
Trailer / Pics
Gamindustri: One of many parallel universes protected by four goddesses known as CPUs. Long ago, these four CPUs engaged in a war for supremacy known as the War of the Guardians. However, this war weakened their protective hold on the world inhabited by their people, and in turn it was flooded by monsters under the influence of an individual known as Arfoire. During the War of the Guardians, one of the CPUs—Neptune—was defeated by the others and hurled down to the world's surface from the heavens. The drop caused Neptune to lose her memories, as learned by Compa and IF, who happen upon the fallen girl.
A mysterious book containing knowledge of all Gamindustri's history suddenly speaks out to Neptune, Compa, and IF. With the assistance of this sentient book, the trio embark on an extraordinary journey across four different nations on a quest to save the entire world!
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 is a remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia, which was previously released in 2011. Renewed event conversations, graphics, and newly added game mechanics will entertain fans who have already played the PlayStation3 version of Hyperdimension Neptunia as well as newcomers to the series.

All game summaries are taken from IGN.
More titles are sure to release this month that we didn't expect (as always), I'm not going to put a preview up for Minecraft & Oddworld despite me putting them up top, as they have a slim chance of appearing in August.

Between new releases, PS+, or maybe just playing some titles that previously released, what will you be playing in August?

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Minecraft was coming August 27.
Couple things popped up in the last couple of days, Vita EU commercial saying Minecraft in September, and they're still working out bugs in the PS4/X1/PSV versions.
It may have ended up being a short delay (early Sept), but it definitely won't be releasing in the first half of the month even if it wasn't delayed. If I were to guess, with no delay, August 26th release date in NA, with a delay September 9th.

Because I left it off the list a bit, here is some E3 gameplay footage of Minecraft Vita:

Couple things popped up in the last couple of days, Vita EU commercial saying Minecraft in September, and they're still working out bugs in the PS4/X1/PSV versions.
It may have ended up being a short delay (early Sept), but it definitely won't be releasing in the first half of the month even if it wasn't delayed. If I were to guess, with no delay, August 26th release date in NA, with a delay September 9th.

Because I left it off the list a bit, here is some E3 gameplay footage of Minecraft Vita:

I would watch that there gameplay, but my Internet connection is horrid. Oh well :\

I would watch that there gameplay, but my Internet connection is horrid. Oh well :\
Bummer =/

I was so excited for Minecraft until I played Terraria and got my pants bored off me.
Minecraft will probably not be a day 1 for me. Too many other games to play then. I still will probably pick it up at some point though. I do hope it's not as boring as Terraria, because I do like some of the concepts in there, just felt like a chore to play though.

I was so excited for Minecraft until I played Terraria and got my pants bored off me.

I liked Minecraft A LOT more than Terraria. The exploration is more fun and the stakes are higher in terms of the items you create/collect. I do have one caveat: it's significantly more fun when you play with other people, so I would recommend finding some friends to play with in a survival mode world should you decide to pick it up.

I agree. I think it's a game that lends itself a lot more to multiplayer. Sadly, I'm usually a single-player gamer, so I think I'll have to pass.

I'll eventually pick it up on a platform or another, just because I want to know what the hype is about. But it won't be on the Vita, I think, and definitely not a day 1 game.

I have preordered and paid off Disgaea 4. Picked up my $50 PSN card for Sword Art Online (season 2 is starting to get good). I'm really looking forward to picking up Akiba's Trip, but it probably won't be til the end of the year. Similarly to Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1.

Until the 12th I just finished my platinum on Danganronpa 1, and have been playing Rayman Legends, Muramasa Rebirth, and Borderlands 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"