Sony Tried to Resurrect Vita at pre-TGS 2014 Conference

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
So this morning I was watching Sony's pre-TGS conference when a funny thing happened. Atsushi Morita's first day of work as SCEJ Boss had him showcasing a few quick and basic facts to the Japanese audience about how the PS4 is selling well everywhere in the world.

Next, I saw a nice spread of letters across the screen that said, "PS VITA". After that, the unthinkable happened - Sony announced new Vita games:
Phantasy Star Nova
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3
Gundam Breaker 2
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Luminous Arc Infinity
Broccoli Uta No Prince-Sama
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Deemo
New Way of the Samurai title
New Ys title

A pink Vita was showcased to better attract female gamers, and then it was announced that update 3.30 was going to allow us to have customized themes. Shown themes included Freedom Wars, Danganronpa, and Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines. Changes background music, background pictures and text color. The new update will also have a Live From PlayStation app as well.

After all of that, there was a quick sizzle reel that was better than any other sizzle reel that the Vita has had since it was released. Ladies and gentlemen - Sony is trying to sell some Vita in Japan. Vita fans who didn't watch this missed a good one! I will try to add links and trailers as they are made available.

New Senran Kagura!​

Last edited:
I stopped watching around the Dragon Ball Z PS4 part. At the time it was 70 minutes PS4 time, 20 minutes Vita. But boy did it show why I prefer Japanese games. They just seem to make games that are more fun and light hearted (even when they're serious). Where as the AAA western PS4 games they showed completely killed the tone of the conference to me.

Yay for Ys! Yay for God Eater 2 Burst Rage! Now please localize! (Along with the games showed at the start)

You knew that Sony Japan would showcase the Vita and I am hoping most of those games come out in the West.

I think it ended up something like 25 minutes Vita / 90 minutes PS4

I honestly think 25 minutes for the Vita is more than enough. PS4 is obviously what Sony wants to focus on and we should accept that. But I am glad to see them at least recognize the Vita as more than a PS4 accessory.

I honestly think 25 minutes for the Vita is more than enough. PS4 is obviously what Sony wants to focus on and we should accept that. But I am glad to see them at least recognize the Vita as more than a PS4 accessory.

Agreed! 25 min for the Vita is awesome. The stuff that's coming over is also pretty exciting.

I actually agree. The PS4 section while having some nice points (mainly the Vita cross titles & Persona5), it was a terrible showing. Almost entirely due to its terrible pacing. I though the 25 minutes of Vita was far superior to the 90 minutes of PS4.

(I wonder if SCEA has given the Vita 25 minutes total in the last three E3s)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"