Space Jam 2.....Really

I'll watch it and probably love it. I've never been a fan of thinking that just because they release another movie that it's going to destroy the past ones. Granted, remakes/reboots/sequels usually don't live up to their originals but that doesn't make the originals worse. With most movies (this even goes for games) that have long spans between them, it's likely that they don't have extreme confidence in the series. Just gotta accept that it's gonna be a possibly-good/possibly-bad movie or not a movie at all. There's never going to be a guarantee that it'll be good. If the fear of a bad movie kept sequels from being made, we wouldn't have The Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight or The Godfather: Part II. The Godfather: Part III is almost universally considered a bad movie, but that doesn't stop the rampant love that still comes with the first two. (I know those mentioned sequels didn't have long delays, but the point still stands.)

On the LBJ/Jordan debate: Personally, if LBJ took on Jordan in his prime... I think it would be a lot closer than the Jordan supporters think. Maybe even winning it. People talk about it like it's not even a comparison, any objective person would see it's much closer than anybody who uses the '6 rings' argument thinks. By that argument alone Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Elgin Baylor (all ZERO rings) are all worse players than someone like Will Perdue (who has two rings). Not to mention the game has changed so much that it's incredibly difficult to even compare their play styles and the league they play in.

I'll watch it and probably love it. I've never been a fan of thinking that just because they release another movie that it's going to destroy the past ones. Granted, remakes/reboots/sequels usually don't live up to their originals but that doesn't make the originals worse. With most movies (this even goes for games) that have long spans between them, it's likely that they don't have extreme confidence in the series. Just gotta accept that it's gonna be a possibly-good/possibly-bad movie or not a movie at all. There's never going to be a guarantee that it'll be good. If the fear of a bad movie kept sequels from being made, we wouldn't have The Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight or The Godfather: Part II. The Godfather: Part III is almost universally considered a bad movie, but that doesn't stop the rampant love that still comes with the first two. (I know those mentioned sequels didn't have long delays, but the point still stands.)

On the LBJ/Jordan debate: Personally, if LBJ took on Jordan in his prime... I think it would be a lot closer than the Jordan supporters think. Maybe even winning it. People talk about it like it's not even a comparison, any objective person would see it's much closer than anybody who uses the '6 rings' argument thinks. By that argument alone Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Elgin Baylor (all ZERO rings) are all worse players than someone like Will Perdue (who has two rings). Not to mention the game has changed so much that it's incredibly difficult to even compare their play styles and the league they play in.
I agree that it would be closer than Jordan supporters think as well. I just find that movie clip HILARIOUS.

If it's good I want to watch it.

If it's a train wreck I want to watch it even more!

If it's mediocre my wife will make us watch it probably.

Not the place for this conversation but you are insane. Jordan played against better and more physical teams than LBJ. Do I think MJ would blow him out? No. Do I think LBJ would beat him, not a chance. Jordan was and is the best basketball has ever had, end of story.

as for the movie, no thanks..

I'm really not all that sure why we act so surprised when stuff like this happens, I mean it happens all the time and still we act like it's not a common occurrence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"