The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Timewarp

PSLS Level: Bronze
Hey I just wanted to talk about the Marvel Cinematic Universe (I won't go as far to suggest that Spider-Man, X-Men and FF are off-limits here). What does everyone think of the movies so far? It's great that we're at a point now where this stuff isn't weird anymore, where we can have Thor, Iron Man and Captain America in a film that doesn't feel so awkard to be a super-hero movie.

I also wanted to talk about the future. I've been holding out on an Iron Man 4. I know Robert Downey Jnr might not be coming back to do any more Iron Man films but the thing is that there's still two storylines I want to see in movie form: The Five Nightmares and Armor Wars. What does everyone else want to see in the MCU?

Marvel has been very clear that they think Stark can be played by multiple people without problem. So when Downey Jr. starts wanting too much or they feel it time to move on, we're getting a new Tony Stark. IIRC, they specifically said the believe Stark can be like Batman and pulled off by many actors. This does bring in the interesting conundrum of how you handle actor replacements deep with a universe and I'll be interested in how they handle it. James Rhodes was replaced between Iron Man and Iron Man 2, but at that point I don't think they were anticipating the success that the MCU has achieved.

For me personally, the X-Men series, The Amazing Spider-Man and the new Fantastic Four movies are their own separate universe. I don't know if it has a name, I just refer to it as the Fox Universe.

Back to the MCU, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is kicking off a push in the coming episodes that'll tie into the Captain America movie. It's being treated as a crossover would be in comics and is labeled 'The Uprising." From what I've read, it'll lead directly into and give more setup to the new movie. Sif [from the Thor movies] and Deathlok (a semi-regular on the show) will play roles in the crossover.

Marvel has been very clear that they think Stark can be played by multiple people without problem. So when Downey Jr. starts wanting too much or they feel it time to move on, we're getting a new Tony Stark. IIRC, they specifically said the believe Stark can be like Batman and pulled off by many actors. This does bring in the interesting conundrum of how you handle actor replacements deep with a universe and I'll be interested in how they handle it. James Rhodes was replaced between Iron Man and Iron Man 2, but at that point I don't think they were anticipating the success that the MCU has achieved.

For me personally, the X-Men series, The Amazing Spider-Man and the new Fantastic Four movies are their own separate universe. I don't know if it has a name, I just refer to it as the Fox Universe.

Back to the MCU, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is kicking off a push in the coming episodes that'll tie into the Captain America movie. It's being treated as a crossover would be in comics and is labeled 'The Uprising." From what I've read, it'll lead directly into and give more setup to the new movie. Sif [from the Thor movies] and Deathlok (a semi-regular on the show) will play roles in the crossover.

Yeah I heard about that and I think they can pull it off. Although they could always go down the route of having other character take their place since James Rhodes replaces Tony in the ultimate series and in the 616 universe when Steve Rogers dies James Barnes replaces him as Captain America (Chris Evans is leaving after Age of Ultron).

As for the Fox and Sony movies I'm still holding out that there's a deal. Days of Future Past could be to re-write the storyline to include the MCU stuff and there's not been anything that directly states "THIS IS NOT THE MCU" in Amazing Spider-Man so far. I'd like to see everyone coming together to fight off Thanos. Plus it'd be cool if they even just attempted Avengers Vs X-Men or House of M or even Civil War (If their feeling risky)

Yeah I heard about that and I think they can pull it off. Although they could always go down the route of having other character take their place since James Rhodes replaces Tony in the ultimate series and in the 616 universe when Steve Rogers dies James Barnes replaces him as Captain America (Chris Evans is leaving after Age of Ultron).

As for the Fox and Sony movies I'm still holding out that there's a deal. Days of Future Past could be to re-write the storyline to include the MCU stuff and there's not been anything that directly states "THIS IS NOT THE MCU" in Amazing Spider-Man so far. I'd like to see everyone coming together to fight off Thanos. Plus it'd be cool if they even just attempted Avengers Vs X-Men or House of M or even Civil War (If their feeling risky)
Deep. Just realized I lumped everything into the Fox universe, meant Sony Universe. Even adding in X-men... Which it is in its one universe.

There may be nothing excluding the latest Spider-man from being in the MCU, Marvel dedicatedly doesn't reseat it as one and Sony has gone as far as saying their movies are their own universe. I wanna say they referred to it as the FF Universe, but that interview eludes me.

As for Thanos, if rumors are too believed, they're prepping the Thonos confrontation for a non-Avengers team up between the Guardians, Nova and other space heroes in Phase 3.

Plus the first three X-Men movies (plus the prequel stuff) all take place prior to any of the Avengers characters becoming super-heroes making the X-Men the first publicly known heroes, I can't find the source but I recall hearing about Hugh Jackman appearing as a cameo as angry soldier in The First Avenger which if we assume it's Wolverine means that part of the prologue for Wolverine Origins takes place in the same time period of First Avenger.

Amazing Spider-Man could have taken place after the events of The Avengers. I'm guessing Days of Future Past could be used as I mentioned to clear up any plotholes that would occur from X-Men being in the MCU. I know rights are getting in the way but still it's cool to think about.

Also I too would like to see a Deadpool movie. The fact that Fox owns the rights to Deadpool REALLY REALLY annoys me. I wouldn't trust Fox to make fire, I wouldn't trust Fox to look after a rock.

Plus the first three X-Men movies (plus the prequel stuff) all take place prior to any of the Avengers characters becoming super-heroes making the X-Men the first publicly known heroes, I can't find the source but I recall hearing about Hugh Jackman appearing as a cameo as angry soldier in The First Avenger which if we assume it's Wolverine means that part of the prologue for Wolverine Origins takes place in the same time period of First Avenger.

Amazing Spider-Man could have taken place after the events of The Avengers. I'm guessing Days of Future Past could be used as I mentioned to clear up any plotholes that would occur from X-Men being in the MCU. I know rights are getting in the way but still it's cool to think about.

Also I too would like to see a Deadpool movie. The fact that Fox owns the rights to Deadpool REALLY REALLY annoys me. I wouldn't trust Fox to make fire, I wouldn't trust Fox to look after a rock.

I just loved the deadpool game so much, thought it was funny as hell. Deadpool was great in wolverine vs the hulk!
I just want to see a really good true to the character movie of him.

I always thought all the films took place in the Ultimate universe. They just follow them so closely for the most part.

I am endlessly thrilled that Spider-man has a proper return to the big screen. The Raimi trilogy just unsettled me. Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing Spidey on the big screen. They just completely underplayed Peter's intelligence. And that really irked me as a huge Spidey fan. The Amazing Spider-Man has portrayed a better Peter, in my eyes. They are showcasing the true Spider-Man that I grew up with and love.

Honestly, I'm hoping Days of Future Past rewrites "history" in such a manner to better tie-in the universes. Also, I am looking forward to a War of the Gems movie. I know nothing is confirmed, but that would be absolutely fantastic. And I know Thanos will be featured at some point on Earth, not just in Guardians of the Galaxy.

And who doesn't want a proper Deadpool flick?

I always thought all the films took place in the Ultimate universe. They just follow them so closely for the most part.

I am endlessly thrilled that Spider-man has a proper return to the big screen. The Raimi trilogy just unsettled me. Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing Spidey on the big screen. They just completely underplayed Peter's intelligence. And that really irked me as a huge Spidey fan. The Amazing Spider-Man has portrayed a better Peter, in my eyes. They are showcasing the true Spider-Man that I grew up with and love.

Honestly, I'm hoping Days of Future Past rewrites "history" in such a manner to better tie-in the universes. Also, I am looking forward to a War of the Gems movie. I know nothing is confirmed, but that would be absolutely fantastic. And I know Thanos will be featured at some point on Earth, not just in Guardians of the Galaxy.

DC Comics doesn't want a Deadpool flick

Seriously though, I want a War of the Gems movie. That would just be insanely awesome. And I hope they NEVER touch House of M in X-Men. That whole story arch angered me to no end.

what they did to xmen pissed me off.

Do you mean during House of M, or the first films? Admittedly, I expected Hollywood to botch any and all superhero movies. I watch them primarily to see their amazing abilities shown on the big screen with awesome CG effects.

Do you mean during House of M, or the first films? Admittedly, I expected Hollywood to botch any and all superhero movies. I watch them primarily to see their amazing abilities shown on the big screen with awesome CG effects.

live action Hollywood botched films

Oh yea. I only watched those to see their powers. Even though they screwed up the actual first team roster, I enjoyed First Class the most out of all the films. And I loved the Wolverine cameo in it.

Oh yea. I only watched those to see their powers. Even though they screwed up the actual first team roster, I enjoyed First Class the most out of all the films. And I loved the Wolverine cameo in it.
First Class was awesome. I cannot wait for the new one. But yeah, First Class was definitely the best of the X-Men movies IMO.

I actually enjoyed The Wolverine movie, despite a lot of people not liking it.

I just want DOFP to mention what an idiot Brett Ratner is or should I say Bret Fatner! BURN! Also a few more changes I'd like to see

- The X-Men are now on Utopia
- Cyclops is with Emma Frost (Scott Summers was a lot more fun to break when he had false hope instead of just Hope Summers)
- Someone who isn't Wolverine is the main character or we just have more characters getting more screen time but less focus on Hugh Jackman's character

MCU has grown again today. Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for a second season and ABC also greenlit 'Agent Carter,' with Hayley Atwell reprising her role from Captain America and the Agent Carter one-shot. The Agent Carter one-shot is without a doubt the best one-shot thus far.

Agent Carter, the series, is said to take place one year after the events of Captain America: [Not] The First Avenger and will have heavy tie-ins with the second season of Agents.

Just want to point out that Chris Evans contract will probably expire after Avengers 3, not Age of Ultron. He has a 6 movie contract, and guest appearances in Thor didn't count.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"