The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Just want to point out that Chris Evans contract will probably expire after Avengers 3, not Age of Ultron. He has a 6 movie contract, and guest appearances in Thor didn't count.
I don't think Chris Evans will make it to Avengers 3. With Sebastian Stan (Bucky) getting a 9 movie deal and the SO many hints in Cap 2, they're clearly going down a specific comic storyline for Cap 3. I think Evans will play a co-starring role in another characters film similar to how Widow did in Cap 2 (possibly the Black Widow movie in development or even Ant Man). This will allow him to fulfill his 6 movie contract and hand the reins over to Stan.

The other options would be to have a large flashback portion in Avengers 3 or to make that storyline an Avengers plotline, however I don't think that the storyline fits as an Avengers film.

I don't think Chris Evans will make it to Avengers 3. With Sebastian Stan (Bucky) getting a 9 movie deal and the SO many hints in Cap 2, they're clearly going down a specific comic storyline for Cap 3. I think Evans will play a co-starring role in another characters film similar to how Widow did in Cap 2 (possibly the Black Widow movie in development or even Ant Man). This will allow him to fulfill his 6 movie contract and hand the reins over to Stan.

The other options would be to have a large flashback portion in Avengers 3 or to make that storyline an Avengers plotline, however I don't think that the storyline fits as an Avengers film.
I have a theory that Cap is going to be killed in Avengers 3, seeing as how he was killed by Thanos during the first Infinity war. Would be a good way to send off Evans and introduce Stan into the role.

I'm really wondering where the MCU will go after Avengers 3. Didn't Marvel say they had movie plans up until like 2028?

Just want to point out that Chris Evans contract will probably expire after Avengers 3, not Age of Ultron. He has a 6 movie contract, and guest appearances in Thor didn't count.

Really? I must have miscounted. Still I kinda think it'd be neat to kill off Captain America during Age of Ultron, there's been around 9 films and that's not including Age of Ultron and yet not a single major character has died. Ok characters have died but in 9 films and a single season of AOS the death toll is:

- Tony Stark's parents
- Obadiah Stane
- Raza
- Yinsen
- Various Ten Rings terrorist
- Fat Ten Rings Terrorist Guy (Iron Man punched him I think we can assume the guy is dead)
- Tank Operator
- Dr. Abraham Erskine
- Various Nazis
- The Red Skull
- Ivan Vanko
- Anton Vanko
- The Frost Giants

and then there's all the guys who died in the Phase 2 movies (I won't bother putting them down since I think it'd be right to wait till everyone has seen them)

My point is there's been no big deaths. Nothing that impacts the team and I think given Chris Evans has more films left on his contract makes it a better idea since it's unexpected after all why would Marvel kill off the character of an actor who has at least three movies left? It's unexpected and personally I think Ultron should kill him off in the end of Age of Ultron.

Let me paint everyone a scene, The Avengers have just defeated Ultron only this time divided. Hawkeye has fallen for Wanda and is angry that she'd rather be with The Vision while Pietro doesn't like the idea of teaming up with any of these guys, meanwhile Tony feels responsible for creating Ultron unaware that it was actually Hank Pym who created the robot.

Thor doesn't like the idea that Tony would create Iron Man suits designed to take down The Avengers so it ends with everyone against one another. Tony tries to convince Thor that it's just as a precaution and as he does one of the Iron Man suits re-activates with Ultron controlling it and fires off a shot at Tony, Steve knocks him out of the way taking the shot and is killed in doing so.

The annoying thing is for something like this to lead into Avengers: Civil War you need it to be connected up with Spider-Man and X-Men. Think about where the characters would be.

- The X-Men have learnt that the rest of the world and other super-heroes couldn't care less about them and their problems so why should they care?
- Spider-Man is in a place where he would team up with Tony Stark since maybe the events of Amazing Spider-Man 2 would have been different if he were better trained

Plus you could have the Stark/Pym/Richards/Parker team up from the original comic (Maybe these guys form the Illuminati Avengers along with Charles Xavier and Stephen Strange). It'd be awesome since there's so many heroes in all three separate franchises that it could work and the Netflix shows could handle the situation the way the comics do so season 2 of Defenders is about their role in the Civil War but it's written in such a way that you don't have to watch Civil War to understand the episodes you can just dive right in.

I know Civil War would need to be handled the right way but personally I think it's worth it, it's a story that asks if maybe sometimes we should think about the liberties we're giving up in favor of a little security or if maybe we're overplaying what we're giving up. Plus I like what they did with Tony Stark, taking a man who doesn't trust his own government and forcing him to become a part of that very same government in order to save his friends from their own hubris.

Really? I must have miscounted. Still I kinda think it'd be neat to kill off Captain America during Age of Ultron, there's been around 9 films and that's not including Age of Ultron and yet not a single major character has died. Ok characters have died but in 9 films and a single season of AOS the death toll is:

- Tony Stark's parents
- Obadiah Stane
- Raza
- Yinsen
- Various Ten Rings terrorist
- Fat Ten Rings Terrorist Guy (Iron Man punched him I think we can assume the guy is dead)
- Tank Operator
- Dr. Abraham Erskine
- Various Nazis
- The Red Skull
- Ivan Vanko
- Anton Vanko
- The Frost Giants

and then there's all the guys who died in the Phase 2 movies (I won't bother putting them down since I think it'd be right to wait till everyone has seen them)

My point is there's been no big deaths. Nothing that impacts the team and I think given Chris Evans has more films left on his contract makes it a better idea since it's unexpected after all why would Marvel kill off the character of an actor who has at least three movies left? It's unexpected and personally I think Ultron should kill him off in the end of Age of Ultron.

Let me paint everyone a scene, The Avengers have just defeated Ultron only this time divided. Hawkeye has fallen for Wanda and is angry that she'd rather be with The Vision while Pietro doesn't like the idea of teaming up with any of these guys, meanwhile Tony feels responsible for creating Ultron unaware that it was actually Hank Pym who created the robot.

Thor doesn't like the idea that Tony would create Iron Man suits designed to take down The Avengers so it ends with everyone against one another. Tony tries to convince Thor that it's just as a precaution and as he does one of the Iron Man suits re-activates with Ultron controlling it and fires off a shot at Tony, Steve knocks him out of the way taking the shot and is killed in doing so.

The annoying thing is for something like this to lead into Avengers: Civil War you need it to be connected up with Spider-Man and X-Men. Think about where the characters would be.

- The X-Men have learnt that the rest of the world and other super-heroes couldn't care less about them and their problems so why should they care?
- Spider-Man is in a place where he would team up with Tony Stark since maybe the events of Amazing Spider-Man 2 would have been different if he were better trained

Plus you could have the Stark/Pym/Richards/Parker team up from the original comic (Maybe these guys form the Illuminati Avengers along with Charles Xavier and Stephen Strange). It'd be awesome since there's so many heroes in all three separate franchises that it could work and the Netflix shows could handle the situation the way the comics do so season 2 of Defenders is about their role in the Civil War but it's written in such a way that you don't have to watch Civil War to understand the episodes you can just dive right in.

I know Civil War would need to be handled the right way but personally I think it's worth it, it's a story that asks if maybe sometimes we should think about the liberties we're giving up in favor of a little security or if maybe we're overplaying what we're giving up. Plus I like what they did with Tony Stark, taking a man who doesn't trust his own government and forcing him to become a part of that very same government in order to save his friends from their own hubris.
Here's my big issue with this: I don't think you can have the Civil War without Captain America. The primary proponents for each side of the superhero registration act of the Civil War are Iron Man on the pro side and Cap on the against side. Unless the Cap that they get to do the Civil War is the Bucky Captain America... but the reason I hate that idea is because of the tension that they have already built up between our current Iron Man and Captain America.

Here's my big issue with this: I don't think you can have the Civil War without Captain America. The primary proponents for each side of the superhero registration act of the Civil War are Iron Man on the pro side and Cap on the against side. Unless the Cap that they get to do the Civil War is the Bucky Captain America... but the reason I hate that idea is because of the tension that they have already built up between our current Iron Man and Captain America.

Actually I see what you mean, it wouldn't be the same without Steve Rogers really now wouldn't it? The whole "Two friends forced into being enemies" was what made it such a brilliant story.

Honestly though my issue with Civil War is that it'd need a miracle to work, I want to see it but at the same time I really wouldn't blame Marvel/Disney if they didn't want to make it into a movie. You have way too many key players for instance Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Goliath, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Mr Fantastic, Hank Pym and other characters all have important roles.

I really hate to be negative about Civil War. I really and I mean REALLY want someone to come along and go "This is how it could work" but I don't think it can work. It could work given we were to get really lucky. Plus even if we envision one with Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and X-Men (remember folks this means no mutant characters) we'd need enough heroes/villains guys so there's:

Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ant-Man, The Wasp, Dr.Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Hyperion, Mockingbird, Shang-Chai, Vision, War Machine, Tigra, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Misty Knight, Jack of Hearts, Justice, Firestar...

Although I guess there's enough guys there. I just don't think anyone's going "I can't wait till Jack of Hearts shows up!"

Actually I see what you mean, it wouldn't be the same without Steve Rogers really now wouldn't it? The whole "Two friends forced into being enemies" was what made it such a brilliant story.

Honestly though my issue with Civil War is that it'd need a miracle to work, I want to see it but at the same time I really wouldn't blame Marvel/Disney if they didn't want to make it into a movie. You have way too many key players for instance Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Goliath, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Mr Fantastic, Hank Pym and other characters all have important roles.

I really hate to be negative about Civil War. I really and I mean REALLY want someone to come along and go "This is how it could work" but I don't think it can work. It could work given we were to get really lucky. Plus even if we envision one with Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and X-Men (remember folks this means no mutant characters) we'd need enough heroes/villains guys so there's:

Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ant-Man, The Wasp, Dr.Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Hyperion, Mockingbird, Shang-Chai, Vision, War Machine, Tigra, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Misty Knight, Jack of Hearts, Justice, Firestar...

Although I guess there's enough guys there. I just don't think anyone's going "I can't wait till Jack of Hearts shows up!"

The only successful means I can see at all for Civil War to be executed is through a film series instead of a solitary flick. Give us 3-4 at 2.5-3 hours in length and I think they could do it. The only problem then would be to snag all the important characters and line them up with the established universe. Which, I'm sure, would take ten years. I'd love to see this story arch though.

The only successful means I can see at all for Civil War to be executed is through a film series instead of a solitary flick. Give us 3-4 at 2.5-3 hours in length and I think they could do it. The only problem then would be to snag all the important characters and line them up with the established universe. Which, I'm sure, would take ten years. I'd love to see this story arch though.
Pulling off this epic of a feat would be... well... epic!

That falls under the Fox/X-Men/FF (whatever you want to call it) universe.

[I understand why you put it here, but OCD demands that I lash out at mixing the universes]
damn it i forgot that xmen movie universe is different from marvel movie universe.

damn it i forgot that xmen movie universe is different from marvel movie universe.

It's ok, sometimes I like to pretend we live in a world where Sony and Fox were forced to give up the rights to Spider-Man, X-Men and The Fantastic Four for using them the right way. Brett Ratner is forced to leave the movie industry and civilization to live in some cabin in the middle of nowhere.

Somehow Fox are so distressed they accidentally sell the rights to Firefly to Nathan Fillion for $5 and he creates 10 more seasons in which the crew of the Serenity team up with the Bluth family to create a weird alternate universe version of Futurama.

okay people listen up. Channing Tatum will play our favorite cajun card dealer Remy "Gambit" LeBeau (and i don't like it).

here is the article http://variety.com/2014/film/news/channing-tatum-confirmed-gambit-x-men-1201179293/

now more girls will drop their panties to watch xmen.
I don't completely hate Channing Tatum, and my favorite X-Man (actually woman, Psylocke) was already ruined in X3 so I can deal with this a bit.

I still hate the guy they cast as Quicksilver in Days of Future Past, I know the movie isn't out yet but he just has the most incredibly punchable face and wardrobe I've ever seen.

quicksilver.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"