Think the PS4 could even handle this?

Wow! Wish this was out before I put my hybrid drive in my PS4

Edit - Actually I just looked this up and it won't work sadly :/ it is two hard drives on one platter. Meaning the PS4 will only read one of them...most saying the 120gb portion. This isn't a hybrid drive so it won't help anything...

Last edited:
Wow! Wish this was out before I put my hybrid drive in my PS4

Edit - Actually I just looked this up and it won't work sadly :/ it is two hard drives on one platter. Meaning the PS4 will only read one of them...most saying the 120gb portion. This isn't a hybrid drive so it won't help anything...
I didn't even know that was possible. I figured it was a hybrid drive. Weird.

i think this will not work, like Matt explain, it will only read one hard drive the ssd i suppose. if you read the system requirements it said that it needs a software to enable the hard disk drive :S. i suggest to go with a hybrid drive :D

System requirements:

• WD Supplied software required. Installation of partition software required to enable hard disk drive.
  • Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
  • Mac operating systems not supported at this time
  • RAID configurations not supported

Last edited:
Well, looks like I was beat to it. Yea, this won't work. Pretty sure the PS4 can't differentiate the two drives. So, I imagine the one read first by default would be used. And, honestly, that just looks like too much to me. I'd rather just have a normal SSHD. Might be worth it it for a laptop, but not a PS4.

Well, looks like I was beat to it. Yea, this won't work. Pretty sure the PS4 can't differentiate the two drives. So, I imagine the one read first by default would be used. And, honestly, that just looks like too much to me. I'd rather just have a normal SSHD. Might be worth it it for a laptop, but not a PS4.
Well I wanted to get the word out about it one way or the other. I was hoping it would work like a Hybrid on steroids.

This kind of stuff makes me feel really stupid. At the moment I'm thinking about putting together my own gaming PC so I can play games like Arkham Knight and Cyberpunk 2077 but just seeing all the specs and the stuff you need it's so intimidating.

I don't know any of the terms or what anything does, I'm looking at something called a RAID muttering to myself "What is this and do I need one?" I feel like a caveman discovering fire for the first time only I'm the caveman who only managed to set himself on fire

This kind of stuff makes me feel really stupid. At the moment I'm thinking about putting together my own gaming PC so I can play games like Arkham Knight and Cyberpunk 2077 but just seeing all the specs and the stuff you need it's so intimidating.

I don't know any of the terms or what anything does, I'm looking at something called a RAID muttering to myself "What is this and do I need one?" I feel like a caveman discovering fire for the first time only I'm the caveman who only managed to set himself on fire
First off, don't bother with Raid anything.

Raid is like multiple hard drives running as one unit. You need raid for like servers, not necessarily for gaming machines. An SSD is applicable. RAIDs are done for using multiple hard drives as one, but there's too much nitty gritty for you to bother with. You'll be fine with an SSD or a Raptor Hard Drive.

Put your games on here http://www.amazon.com/Velociraptor-...=1394087226&sr=1-1&keywords=raptor+hard+drive

You'll be fine. UNLESS you are only going to play a few games. Then... get an SSD. Around the 120GB range maybe 240 range ish.

If money is no object just throw 2 of these babies in.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elect...nal-MZ-7TE1T0BW/dp/B00E3W16OU/?tag=pcper04-20

for about $500 you can build something a bit lower in power than the PS4.

for about 1k you can out perform the PS4 quite handily.

For 3k you can decimate it and make it tap out, but then you'd miss out on the great exclusives and awesome feature sets.

http://www.pcper.com/hwlb

This is a good resource of crowd sourced "Best available performance per dollar" all the way up to "Just best period"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"