Top 5 PS3 Games Ever

GrooThePerverted

PSLS Level: Bronze
Now that I have moved on to the PS4 exclusively, I'd say below are my Top5. Referring only to Retail games, not digital only releases on the PSN.

01. Uncharted 2. Simply perfection across the board. I can't contemplate a single flaw in this experience, although I didn't really do much with multiplayer as I don't tend to play MP very much, if at all. And only on a select few games. The plot, writing, voice work, graphics, music, everything was just phenomenal and it stands as my all time favorite video game ever regardless of genre, era or platform.

02. Burnout Paradise. The most fun I've ever had on a game bar none. This is the only game that I've really ever spent much time online other than maybe SSX. This is my favorite racing game ever and it's just so damn fun to play. I've always been drawn to arcade type racers, rather than simulators (like Gran Turismo, and NFS: Shift). Those aren't as fun. I would LOVE to see this show up on the PS4 one day, but not holding my breath. Also Criterion has proven themselves as a dev that supports their products with DLC, and not cheap using-the-customer-as-ATM's-type dlc.

03. Batman: Arkham City. I think this game has gotten more replay from me than anything else. I was still playing and beating this even after Arkham Origins released. So much side mission content, and the story is still solid and fun to go through even after I've beaten it as many times as I have. Never could crack the New Game+ mode too much past the Mr. Freeze fight (and if Catwoman content is enabled I never made it past the Poison Ivy fight).

04. Little Big Planet 2. Took all the fun and excitement of the 1st one and added even more creativity & originality to it and just knocked this out of the park. It's easy to spend a whole lot of time on this game and just get lost. Tons of DLC for it, although I think it's a bit pricy at times.

05. TIE.

Assassins Creed 2 & Sleeping Dogs.

Both games were a lot of fun with good storylines. I think AC2 had the better storyline, as Sleeping Dogs is a cliched type one, but both had a lot of fun gameplay and replayability. I think I replayed Sleeping Dogs a bit more. The Sleeping Dogs devs really came through with their Six Months of DLC thing, and I bought every single piece. I think Sleeping Dogs was very underrated, and don't understand why it wasn't on more "Year End" lists.

AC2 was the 1st game that I really followed the storyline (aside from the Uncharted ones). I kinda got burnt out by the time I got to AC: Revelations and never finished that, but AC2 was fantastic.

What about you guys and gals?

1. Fallout 3
2. The Last Of Us
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. Borderlands 2
5. Heavenly Sword

devil may cry hd collection
devil may cry 4
beyond two souls (and metal gear rising are tied)
Sengoku Basara 3
sengoku basara 4

Last edited:
The one game I will miss more than anything on the PS3, now that I'm strictly PS4, is the game "PAIN". Insanely difficult, and I don't think I've gotten a single trophy for it, but it's just so fun. lol

In no particular order
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Ni no Kuni
  • Uncharted 2
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Bioshock

The one game I will miss more than anything on the PS3, now that I'm strictly PS4, is the game "PAIN". Insanely difficult, and I don't think I've gotten a single trophy for it, but it's just so fun. lol
I remember PAIN. Some of the trophies for the game were ridiculous.

1. The Last Of Us
2. Mass Effect Trilogy (2 if I can't list the trilogy as one)
3. Uncharted 2
4. Journey (Collectors Edition specifically, as it included a making of documentary and the soundtrack)
5. Dishonored with all DLC

1. Resistance: Fall of Man
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Journey
  4. Heavenly Sword
  5. Mirror's Edge
This is all I can think of off the top of my head right now, there are so many games. Many ask why Resistance is at the top of my list, but it's honestly because of the amount of time I spent playing the game when it first came out.

I think you might have mistyped some of your list. You have Heavenly Sword and Mirror's Edge on there. Just wanted to let you know so you could fix it.

though your response did make me laugh, it's all opinion. but I will agree with you on the mirror's edge and heavenly sword.

I think you might have mistyped some of your list. You have Heavenly Sword and Mirror's Edge on there. Just wanted to let you know so you could fix it.
Damn right they are on there, and yes I have tried Valkyria Chronicles (didn't care for it at all). All opinion bro. ;)

Demon's Souls
Catherine
inFamous 2
Dragon's Crown
Tokyo Jungle

Mirror's Edge has to be one of my favorite 7th gen titles, what's wrong with his decision?

Demon's Souls
Catherine
inFamous 2
Dragon's Crown
Tokyo Jungle

Mirror's Edge has to be one of my favorite 7th gen titles, what's wrong with his decision?

never played Tokyo jungle, is it any good? game just seemed kinda weird to me.

never played Tokyo jungle, is it any good? game just seemed kinda weird to me.
It's ugly and it's tedious, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. I could go into detail about the mechanics if you wish, but to keep things simple just think of it as a semi-open world action game (maybe God of War lite) with timed missions and better survival elements than I Am Alive. Unlocking things will take a while, but getting more powerful animals is always motivation to keep you going. Who wouldn't want to play as a lion or a raptor?

Edit: Also, local co-op is great.

Last edited:
It's ugly and it's tedious, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. I could go into detail about the mechanics if you wish, but to keep things simple just think of it as a semi-open world action game (maybe God of War lite) with timed missions and better survival elements than I Am Alive. Unlocking things will take a while, but getting more powerful animals is always motivation to keep you going. Who wouldn't want to play as a lion or a raptor?

Edit: Also, local co-op is great.

maybe i'll give it a try, it's free for jpn plus members so i'll just hop on that acct and check it out

1. The Last of Us
  2. inFamous 2
  3. Uncharted
  4. Borderlands
  5. NiNoKuni/Burnout Paradise
A few honorable mentions in MGS4, inFamous, Uncharted 2 & 3, Journey, and LitteBigPlanet.

Id say...
1- uncharted 2
2- arkham asylum
3- split second
4- el shaddai
5- heavenly sword

Maybe im looking back with fond memories and its distorting some of them, but i know id play each of them again. Funny how uncharted and heavenly sword came out at the beginning and theyre on quite a few lists here. Oh, damn, i forgot dead space 1. This thread shoulda been top SIX games on ps3....

Last edited:
Not really in order and not exactly my top 5 but just 5 games i really enjoyed on ps3:
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- God of war 3
- Twisted Metal (I don't get the hate for this game, i thought it was amazing and true to Twisted metal style)
- GTA V (third parties count right?)
- Infamous

Note that the above games are just the games I've completed, It feels unfair to add games I haven't finished and stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"