US Only Competitions

Timewarp

PSLS Level: Bronze
Don't worry I'm not having a dig at PSLS since whenever you guys run a comp it's usually explained the whole thing is strictly for the US Only no I'm talking about the guys who don't even bother explaining till you get to the basic details. I'll be honest here I have never won anything, I've entered a lot of competitions and at this point it's not even about getting something for free, it's just about winning.

So I see one for The Escapist to win a copy of Watch Dogs and I think that could be good so I enter and then I find it's only for the US. I really don't get why certain guys in the US word the comps in such a way that you have to actually enter to find out that it's US Only, that feels like deliberately provoking someone. I mean on the article headline Escapist could have wrote "THIS COMPETITION IS FOR THE US ONLY. IF YOU LIVE IN AN AREA OUTSIDE THE US DON'T BOTHER TO ENTER"

You know something to stop me from wasting my time and it's annoying since it makes me want to stop visiting the site, I don't like being played like that and I'm sure there's more people who don't like being played like that. I'm not having a dig at anyone here just if you're from the US and you are going to run a US Only comp let us Non-US guys know before we bother entering so we don't put ourselves up for a fall.

Don't worry I'm not having a dig at PSLS since whenever you guys run a comp it's usually explained the whole thing is strictly for the US Only no I'm talking about the guys who don't even bother explaining till you get to the basic details. I'll be honest here I have never won anything, I've entered a lot of competitions and at this point it's not even about getting something for free, it's just about winning.

So I see one for The Escapist to win a copy of Watch Dogs and I think that could be good so I enter and then I find it's only for the US. I really don't get why certain guys in the US word the comps in such a way that you have to actually enter to find out that it's US Only, that feels like deliberately provoking someone. I mean on the article headline Escapist could have wrote "THIS COMPETITION IS FOR THE US ONLY. IF YOU LIVE IN AN AREA OUTSIDE THE US DON'T BOTHER TO ENTER"

You know something to stop me from wasting my time and it's annoying since it makes me want to stop visiting the site, I don't like being played like that and I'm sure there's more people who don't like being played like that. I'm not having a dig at anyone here just if you're from the US and you are going to run a US Only comp let us Non-US guys know before we bother entering so we don't put ourselves up for a fall.

Understood, and an acceptable request. I'm sure you aren't the first person who has thought the same thing.

HAHAHAHA

Except for Sony Mobile - all of their contests are UK only. :'( I just want to win a fucking Xperia Z2 so I don't have to buy it! They have the exact same thing going on, too; you go through the motions, sometimes watching a video to learn about a product, and then you answer a question and input your info. Once you get to the info place, you find out that this is only available to UK residents. At that point I feel like running my head through a window because I watched a stupid video that told me all of the awesome shit that I already knew about the phone. Why did Xperia Lounge / Xperia Privilege come on my phone if I can't use them most of the time?

HAHAHAHA

Except for Sony Mobile - all of their contests are UK only. :'( I just want to win a fucking Xperia Z2 so I don't have to buy it! They have the exact same thing going on, too; you go through the motions, sometimes watching a video to learn about a product, and then you answer a question and input your info. Once you get to the info place, you find out that this is only available to UK residents. At that point I feel like running my head through a window because I watched a stupid video that told me all of the awesome shit that I already knew about the phone. Why did Xperia Lounge / Xperia Privilege come on my phone if I can't use them most of the time?

Exactly! It's annoying why these guys don't just tell you if there's any restrictions why can't they say at the start if something is restricted to a certain country? I think it's due to the fact that the guys making them just assume that everyone will know or that only the people they want are going to take part. The assumption some people make that since they know the information everyone knows the information "Well they'll just assume the Escapist only does US-Only competitions!" "Everyone gets that the contests for Sony Mobile are only for UK Residents!" which is stupid since Sony are so determined to get us to buy their mobile devices they pop those things up everyone in all their movies since Sony movies take place in an alternate universe where people only use Sony devices (What a sad existence it must be for those poor fools, don't get me wrong but Sony's products are hit and miss in that when they hit they hit the nail right on the metaphorical head and when they miss they crash and burn and explode into a terrible techno-explosion)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"