Using PS4 without a TV at all?

idillicah

PSLS Level: Bronze
Hi!

I'm mostly a Vita player, but I'd love to play some PS4 games. That said, no TV for me. Nor do I want one. Can I use a PS Vita for remote play without having a TV in the mix at all? I have no idea how it works.

Thanks!

It's been a while since i set up remote play but I'm pretty sure you would need a TV to set it up and pair it with your Vita but after that you shouldn't need one.

Yeah, you need a TV for the initial setup. After that, as long as your network connection does not change, you do not need a TV. So go with wired. There is latency (more a sound issue) and control precision is not quite there. Other then that, the lack of actual L2 R2 makes remote playing games like drive club that use variable pressure control a less satisfying experience.

Yeah, you need a TV for the initial setup. After that, as long as your network connection does not change, you do not need a TV. So go with wired. There is latency (more a sound issue) and control precision is not quite there. Other then that, the lack of actual L2 R2 makes remote playing games like drive club that use variable pressure control a less satisfying experience.
I don't know why Sony doesn't just make it to where you can pair a PS4 controller to a Vita controller like you could with a PSPGO or 3000 using a PS3 for games like Resistance Burning Skies. I mean they are doing it with smartphones and tablets FFS. Vita T.V. can do it.

I don't know why Sony doesn't just make it to where you can pair a PS4 controller to a Vita controller like you could with a PSPGO or 3000 using a PS3 for games like Resistance Burning Skies. I mean they are doing it with smartphones and tablets FFS. Vita T.V. can do it.

Sorry for a late response. I think the issue lies in the fact that changing the data connection setting would disconnect the vita from the ps4. It would interrupt the signal. As for initial set up, logging into the psn is required to confirm both the vita and ps4 are of the same account. The vita has WiFi only where as the PS3/4 both only save the current connection settings. They do not search for saved access points because there are none. Only Lan works no matter what network it is plugged into. If you had save accesses points or some other smart connect, maybe even a restricted mode for setting up a connection, then maybe you could go tvless.

Sorry for a late response. I think the issue lies in the fact that changing the data connection setting would disconnect the vita from the ps4. It would interrupt the signal. As for initial set up, logging into the psn is required to confirm both the vita and ps4 are of the same account. The vita has WiFi only where as the PS3/4 both only save the current connection settings. They do not search for saved access points because there are none. Only Lan works no matter what network it is plugged into. If you had save accesses points or some other smart connect, maybe even a restricted mode for setting up a connection, then maybe you could go tvless.
I don't know waht you're saying to be honest.

I mean you can turn on the PS4 with a Vita using PS4 link, and then use it... So I'm not sure what you are saying about with it interrupting the signal, or.... I dont' know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"