Vita Monthly Preview: January 2015

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
Happy New Year Vita-bros and gals! I hope you all have enjoyed the Vita's 2014 lineup as much as I have. 140 total games released for the Vita last year. With the Vita having at least 10 or more games releasing in 9 of the 12 months. Not too shabby I say.

But that was then, now we look towards the coming weeks. Here are the games coming for the first month of 2015!

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition [January 6th] +

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is the definitive compilation of the landmark first-person shooter that includes enhanced versions of Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition and three unique expansion packs as well as the original version of the classic game.

Woah! Dave [January 6th] +
Woah Dave! is a frantic, score-chasing arcade game where players gun for digital glory by destroying monsters, stealing their loose change, and triggering more explosions. Have we mentioned it’s also incredibly difficult? Everything on the map--including your ammunition--is trying to kill you. And don't even get me started on the game's hard mode. It's borderline impossible, because apparently people who play games are masochists.

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk [January 13th]
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk follows the story of Ayesha Altugle, a girl who has been living alone in a secluded workshop ever since her grandfather died and her younger sister went missing a few years ago. She supports herself by making and selling medicine. As the story begins, she finds out that her younger sister IS alive somewhere in the world. Now, she must devote herself to finding her younger sister. Her journey to keep her promise begins...

Citizens of Earth [January 20th]
Citizens of Earth is an RPG that places you in the shoes of the Vice President of the World! He's a classic bureaucrat: charming, charismatic, but practically useless. After recently winning the vice presidency, he returns to his rural home town for some vacation. But he soon inadvertently discovers that there is some very strange stuff happening around town. Feeling a sense of responsibility as an elected official you decide to do something about it! But being the bureaucrat you are, you don't actually want to get your hands dirty. Thus you go about using your charisma to recruit normal townsfolk to help you investigate and fight your battles for you.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2:Sisters Generation [January 27th]

Return once more to the world of Gamindustri, where the Criminal of the Free World, Arfoire, has defeated the four CPUs of Gamindustri. It is now up to their younger sisters to free them from captivity.

Nepgear, the CPU Candidate of Planeptune and younger sister to Neptune, sets out on her quest with IF and Compa to regain Gamindustri’s prosperity, stop the syndicate of evil that Arfoire created, and set her sister free! During her travels across the world, Nepgear will encounter friends new and old, meet the other CPU Candidates, and take care of any monsters that stand in her way in this classic JRPG tale of good versus evil!

Grim Fandango Remastered [January 27th]
Based on various legends of Mexican folklore, Grim Fandango is packed to the hilt with dancing skeletons, crime, romance, and much more. You play Manny Calavera, a mid-level worker at the Department of Death (the DOD) who's trying to work off his sins in life so that he can get to his final reward.

As a reaper, Manny frees incoming souls from their shrouds, finds out what kind of underworld travel packages their goodness in life has earned them, and then sends them on their way. Unfortunately, business hasn't been very good for Manny of late. As the game begins, Calavera is told that he must sell a premium travel package to a soul or lose his job. In his search, Manny uncovers a hideous plot, a beautiful woman, and a crew of loyal friends (not necessarily in that order).

Credit goes to IGN for the game summaries. Will you be buying something new or sticking to something old to kick off the New Year?

Duke Nukem is probably the only game Ill be playing from January. I am very interested in HDNr2, but I still need to buy and go through the first one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"