What do you think can be done to save the Vita?

There is no real simple solution. I mean I also don't think Vita is on its deathbed or anywhere near that point. There are a good number of units out there, and it's selling well enough in Japan. It probably received a decent boost thanks to remote play and PS4. I'm sure it will get boosted even more when Vita and PS4 are inevitably bundled together. The place it's in now isn't bad, but not great, either. It still gets games, and pretty fantastic ones (Danganronpa + sequel already announced? Disgaea 4?), but the games it gets are more Japanese focused. Some people, like me, are content with that, and others aren't. If it wants to sell well in the west, it needs a very major western title. A GTA would do it, akin to GTA4 (5 is probably way too large to even considering putting it on Vita). Or a Elder Scrolls game (although the chances of that happening are probably less than 0). Except for a couple devs like Atlus and NIS, not too many third parties care. Sony would need to put out a lot of money for them to make their game on Vita so they don't risk losing anything.

Simply more software that I find appealing. Right now there is simply nothing that just makes me need the Vita. There are a few nice little gems, but that's all. Certainly nothing to make me get it again. I still don't regret trading it towards my PS4. I've enjoyed it immensely more.

Right now it just seems like a PS4 peripheral. And they need to steer clear of that image if they want it to pick up as a serious handheld. Remote play is a nice idea, but it is something I personally would never use. I have that big screen for a reason. ;)

Simply more software that I find appealing. Right n. ow there is simply nothing that just makes me need the Vita. There are a few nice little gems, but that's all. Certainly nothing to make me get it again. I still don't regret trading it towards my PS4. I've enjoyed it immensely more.

Right now it just seems like a PS4 peripheral. And they need to steer clear of that image if they want it to pick up as a serious handheld. Remote play is a nice idea, but it is something I personally would never use. I have that big screen for a reason. ;)
Yeah, remote play doesnt matter to me at all. I like vita games on my vita, and ps4 games on my ps4

Yeah, remote play doesnt matter to me at all. I like vita games on my vita, and ps4 games on my ps4
I love remote play. There are times when the TV is in use because people wanna watch The Walking Dead or movie and I wanna make some progress on Assassin's Creed or MyGM in NBA2K. In that situation I don't have to quit playing.
Only real problem I have with remote play is the lack of customizable controls

I love remote play. There are times when the TV is in use because people wanna watch The Walking Dead or movie and I wanna make some progress on Assassin's Creed or MyGM in NBA2K. In that situation I don't have to quit playing.
Only real problem I have with remote play is the lack of customizable controls
I hate the lack of R2/L2 buttons. I would buy a new Vita in a heartbeat with those additions, even if that's all they added.

I hate the lack of R2/L2 buttons. I would buy a new Vita in a heartbeat with those additions, even if that's all they added.

No PS4 for me yet (nothing out pressing me to buy), so I haven't done any remote play, but wouldn't it be easy to use the touch pad as an L2/R2? What is the current set up to compensate for the lack of those?

No PS4 for me yet (nothing out pressing me to buy), so I haven't done any remote play, but wouldn't it be easy to use the touch pad as an L2/R2? What is the current set up to compensate for the lack of those?
I actually hate using the rear touch pad for L2 and R2. My hands sometimes accidentally hit the touch pad on the Vita. Ridiculous.

Mine too. I really wanted remote play when I first got my Vita, but the lack of compatibility with the PS3 made me completely disregard it when the PS4 came out. Well, that and the fact that the Vita has a shitload of its own good games now.

I actually hate using the rear touch pad for L2 and R2. My hands sometimes accidentally hit the touch pad on the Vita. Ridiculous.

But the touch pad is the L2/R2? Interesting.

And I hear ya on the accidental touchpad. I can't remember which games it has killed me in, but it has. I remember Fifa being super awkward.

I have been saying it for a while but more Anime watching apps and a manga/comic book reading app would really be amazing.
Didn't Sony release a manga reading app in Japan? Shame we'll never get it unless somebody makes one on PSMobile.
Although it'll never happen, I would've loved to see a kindle app on the Vita.

I think a UI overall could help some too. Bring it more inline with the PS4's UI. I'd be happy with it simply allowing more customization, but some people are turned off because they think the bubbles are "childish".

At least they should get rid of that bookmark looking interface. I've never seen the point of it.

But the touch pad is the L2/R2? Interesting.

And I hear ya on the accidental touchpad. I can't remember which games it has killed me in, but it has. I remember Fifa being super awkward.
Yes it is the L2/R2. And I have big hands, so it's ridiculous at times. Playing Madden was definitely difficult as well as many other titles.

Didn't Sony release a manga reading app in Japan? Shame we'll never get it unless somebody makes one on PSMobile.
Although it'll never happen, I would've loved to see a kindle app on the Vita.

I think a UI overall could help some too. Bring it more inline with the PS4's UI. I'd be happy with it simply allowing more customization, but some people are turned off because they think the bubbles are "childish".

At least they should get rid of that bookmark looking interface. I've never seen the point of it.

You know, I liked the bubbles at first but now they are getting on my nerves a bit. I would also be happy with a UI change to be more in line with the PS4.

Also, not sure on the manga app in Japan.

Yes it is the L2/R2. And I have big hands, so it's ridiculous at times. Playing Madden was definitely difficult as well as many other titles.
Remote Play really needs to allow custom controls. leaving it up to the devs just seems foolish. EA will never take the time to do it right.

You know what would also be cool? More customizablility, as Lifewish said...

You know, I liked the bubbles at first but now they are getting on my nerves a bit. I would also be happy with a UI change to be more in line with the PS4.

i think it should be more customizable in the way an Andriod phone is. Change the types of icons and stuff like that. allow user created interfaces. I would like that alot

i think it should be more customizable in the way an Andriod phone is. Change the types of icons and stuff like that. allow user created interfaces. I would like that alot

That's an idea I never thought about, making it customizable like an Android phone.

MediaMolecule should make the tools for it. :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"