What Does The PlayStation App Need?

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
While yes I really like the addition of the Official PlayStation App for smartphones there can always be improvements made with the app itself. Personally I would like to see the following:

• Ability to access the store and make purchases within the app
  • Being able to change profile, avatar, etc. from within the app
  • Have a tablet version of the app (iPad, Android, etc.)
What would you like to see added?

While yes I really like the addition of the Official PlayStation App for smartphones there can always be improvements made with the app itself. Personally I would like to see the following:

All of this. The fact that the app is just a hub that takes you to web based versions of the store and streaming sucks. It all needs to be contained in the app itself.
I expected that it would have more usefulness, but I hardly ever use it. It needs to be full featured and truly an extension of the PlayStation platform in mobile form.

I would love more side apps loaded into it as well that give you a better experience when away from your PS4 (ie. Being able to earn experience or similar on your mobile and transfer that into your game).

I think I have used the app maybe 10 times total since it released and that was to buy something once (a real pain to do) and send some messages to people.

I will echo what you both said, it needs the ability to edit your PSN information, avatar, etc.

And that's the thing outside of adding people to my friends list or messaging friends I haven't used the app at all really for anything other than those two things. When they were teasing what the PS4 experience would be like they hinted at a much more social experience. They could really have a special app here that becomes a social experience for gamers if they put the time and effort into it.

I would also like to be able to see my Friends Activity just like on the PS4 XMB, show me whata they are playing and what trophies they have acquired so i can comment or give them a thumbs up, because I rarely ever use that feature on my actual PS4 because I want to play games. I would be much more inclined to use the social aspect on my phone when I'm putzing around.

can't think of anything off the top of my head, but room there's always room for improvement, and new additions care almost always nice.

I would like to be able to better control the PS4 (a la Apple's Remote app on iOS), but also be able to launch specific apps. Like, have a "Netflix" button, or any other non-gaming apps. Having two separate sections for navigation and keyboard is just bad.

The opportunity to update your location for near, sans Vita in hand.

Cross chat with PS4 and Vita players

I can already send / receive messages and attachments via the app, but it would be awesome to just be like, "Yo guys, don't go anywhere! I'll be home in 10 minutes. By the way, who else is playing tonight? It's not that 5 year old with the lag switch, is it?"

PSN Store

A PSN store within the app would be great, too. I hate that it just sends me to the web browser.

Maybe a more streamlined store? At the moment I'm fine with it. I use it to either chat with friends while I'm at work or to purchase and instruct my ps4 ( in sleep mode) to download titles or content.

It works great for messages.

I understand the need to use external web interface in order to save money on development. I'm sure they'll patch it over time.

Stay connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play, see who's online, and discover the latest titles on PlayStation Store. With PlayStation App, you can: ... A Sony Entertainment Network account is required to use this app. A PS4 is required to use some of this app's features.
Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"