What is the best indie game ever?

Does Minecraft count as Indie anymore?

Octodad is so fun, co-op, with the friend I played it with.

Would love Fat Princess on PS4, it was an underappeciated intesting game.

Stick it to the Man was as good as people said!

I guess at the end of the day with the giants I'm going to have to say...

Dungeon Defenders.

I played that game a lot, I bought PC copies to try and get my friends in, I bought the humble bundle to get a DRM free copy, and I've put in so many hours I can't say I regret it.

You take Tower Defense, you take top-down-hack-and-slash and loot, and you smoosh them all together, with unique level designs, and you get one hell of an experience.

The second game will be free, because they released a bunch of DLC for the first game, and they realized that they were better off releasing a full and addicting game, and then just charging for DLC. The only sad part is Sony hasn't gone to them and said "Hey developing for PS4 is basically developing for PC and we will let PC/PS4 players play together, free-to-play, and we won't make it a pain for releasing patches timely"

That game needs to be on PS4. No reason why it shouldn't.

Dungeon Defenders.

I played that game a lot, I bought PC copies to try and get my friends in, I bought the humble bundle to get a DRM free copy, and I've put in so many hours I can't say I regret it.

You take Tower Defense, you take top-down-hack-and-slash and loot, and you smoosh them all together, with unique level designs, and you get one hell of an experience.

The second game will be free, because they released a bunch of DLC for the first game, and they realized that they were better off releasing a full and addicting game, and then just charging for DLC. The only sad part is Sony hasn't gone to them and said "Hey developing for PS4 is basically developing for PC and we will let PC/PS4 players play together, free-to-play, and we won't make it a pain for releasing patches timely"

That game needs to be on PS4. No reason why it shouldn't.

I can't believe I forgot about this game. I agree it is an awesome game. I hope that they'll do a PS4 version I would love that.

I can't believe I forgot about this game. I agree it is an awesome game. I hope that they'll do a PS4 version I would love that.
It's as addictive at times as Plants Versus Zombies, and Diablo 2 or 3 combined. Let's not get crazy and say all 3 combined though. XD

I think a lot of people overlook it, and since it was a Free with Gold game or what ever they call that crap, and you get to keep it even if your subscription expires (though that takes away from half of the fun with no online it's still a lot of fun to be had) and with it being in so many humble bundle sales, and steam sales, there's really no excuse. The game is amazing for what it is.

They even just released a new ultimate edition. There's no excuse not to love that game. XD

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is quite literally the best action/beat-em-up game I've played since Devil May Cry 4, and it's only 2 hours long and was made by like 3 guys.

2014-06-28_00007.jpg

I also want to mention that Brothers A Tale of Two Sons is my #2, and Transistor is my #3
Ahhhh, Transistor. So much love for that game. We bought two signed prints from the artist to put on our walls, and D'yani made a custom Transistor background for her Mac that is awesome. Oh, and of course the soundtrack. Ironically, getting the game for free to review caused us to spend about $60 on Transistor merch.

Ahhhh, Transistor. So much love for that game. We bought two signed prints from the artist to put on our walls, and D'yani made a custom Transistor background for her Mac that is awesome. Oh, and of course the soundtrack. Ironically, getting the game for free to review caused us to spend about $60 on Transistor merch.

That game is a work of art. Every single area in that game is like a beautiful painting. It's amazing. Plus it was fun to play. It's the only game that might finally get me into turn based RPG's

Last edited:
For Me, Myself and I, It has to be Don't Starve and Don't Starve Reign of Giants.

Developed by a company called Klei Entertainment out of Vancouver Canada.

They have also made games like Shank and Mark of the Ninja but nothing really holds up too Don't Starve.

I got the Vita version plus giants free with the free ps plus PS4 version so they care about their community good pick
For Me, Myself and I, It has to be Don't Starve and Don't Starve Reign of Giants.

Developed by a company called Klei Entertainment out of Vancouver Canada.

They have also made games like Shank and Mark of the Ninja but nothing really holds up too Don't Starve.
i

I got the Vita version plus giants free with the free ps plus PS4 version so they care about their community good pick
i

Yes they do a very good job of looking after their costumers...

Also the game for me always seems to be something new.... it does not play out the same way twice... always seems to be something newt discover... also the caves and maps are never the same. They generated so you will never get the same map twice...

I just find this game to be just... very well done... attention to details and a blast to play.

I am looking forward to seeing how Don't Starve Together is played. I have heard that they are testing that now from 2 to 10 players just to try and find out what works well.. so it may only be 2 -4 in the end but to have that many would make it so much more interesting...

They way it will work is you all start out alive and work together but if one of you dies... The person that pass has some options... they can either help or hinder the other players... Just a great idea... I think.

I haven't dipped into indie titles in a while (not counting ps plus), but my personal favorite indie title would be Spelunky. Fast paced, addicting, and satisfying. There is something satisfying about having so many items/power-ups as well as a shotgun or freeze ray. Nuking everything with bombs is also fun when you find or buy large packs of them.

Velocity 2X is another great choice. Also fast paced and satisfying to pull things off. It has the perfect amount of challenge so far. Lastly, it constantly introduces new gimmicks and abilities as well.

I doubt these are the best indie titles, but these are definitely my faves so far.

I haven't dipped into indie titles in a while (not counting ps plus), but my personal favorite indie title would be Spelunky. Fast paced, addicting, and satisfying. There is something satisfying about having so many items/power-ups as well as a shotgun or freeze ray. Nuking everything with bombs is also fun when you find or buy large packs of them.

Velocity 2X is another great choice. Also fast paced and satisfying to pull things off. It has the perfect amount of challenge so far. Lastly, it constantly introduces new gimmicks and abilities as well.

I doubt these are the best indie titles, but these are definitely my faves so far.
It's odd that you describe Spelunky as fast paced. That's the exact wrong way to learn the game. It's only fast paced when you're doing speed runs, but for the most part you're supposed to not run and get shot by an arrow because you didn't drop something before you jumped to trigger traps below.

It's odd that you describe Spelunky as fast paced. That's the exact wrong way to learn the game. It's only fast paced when you're doing speed runs, but for the most part you're supposed to not run and get shot by an arrow because you didn't drop something before you jumped to trigger traps below.
Yeah, kind of learned that after the 50th death. Once you do understand everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) though, it is quite fast paced. I will admit that it is my inner sonic fanboy talking though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"