What Would It Take

Jacky

PSLS Level: Silver
say you don't have a ps4, or aren't interested in having one or at least not having one at the moment. what would it take to convince you to actually go out and buy one?

for me, it would take some REALLY REALLY REALLY impressive next gen only games, also my TV would have to break to do the system justice. it's a 1080i, I would need a 1080p.

I have a PS4, but what would it take to convince me to actually play my PS4 on a somewhat regular basis? Games. The PS3 has go them, so that's what I play mostly. I want unique and divergent content. Not "samesies as last-gen" content. Perhaps E3 will get me excited about something significant.

I agree with @Chandler Wood about the games comment. I've platinumed inFAMOUS: SS, and now I'm back to playing sports titles. But if this were honestly a dream scenario on what I feel would make the PS4 a must own for me? That is simple, a completely overhauled Final Fantasy VII game. Graphics, storyline expanded to include the events of Crisis Core, Advent Children, and new content as well. This would make the system sales go through the roof IMO, but then again I'm not sure if people care that much about FF VII anymore.

I agree with @Chandler Wood about the games comment. I've platinumed inFAMOUS: SS, and now I'm back to playing sports titles. But if this were honestly a dream scenario on what I feel would make the PS4 a must own for me? That is simple, a completely overhauled Final Fantasy VII game. Graphics, storyline expanded to include the events of Crisis Core, Advent Children, and new content as well. This would make the system sales go through the roof IMO, but then again I'm not sure if people care that much about FF VII anymore.

I've only ever played the dissidia games, but that is the main thing that keeps me from a ps4, the lack of REALLY REALLY good (what I would consider good) games. so far the only game that's KIND OF caught my attention is
ff IV, and one game just isn't enough for me to say "HEY I WANT THAT!"

I've only ever played the dissidia games, but that is the main thing that keeps me from a ps4, the lack of REALLY REALLY good (what I would consider good) games. so far the only game that's KIND OF caught my attention is
ff IV, and one game just isn't enough for me to say "HEY I WANT THAT!"
Another game I can think of is definitely FF XV. I have been waiting for that game since it was announced as Versus under FF XIV. It looks to hopefully fulfill everything that fans of the series have been asking for.

Another game I can think of is definitely FF XV. I have been waiting for that game since it was announced as Versus under FF XIV. It looks to hopefully fulfill everything that fans of the series have been asking for.

THAT'S THE ONE I MEANT! FFXV
Thank You

For a minute I thought you were talking about FF IV Complete Collection on PSP (Awesome game btw) :p

I still have my adorable little psp. I use that thing to transfer info, music, etc.... over to my ps3. I also have lotsa games on it.
::glares at Vita:: unlike some other uncooperative little handheld I know.

Money in my account would convince me. I would say more games but I barely have time to play the few games I have on PS3, so it's small selection doesn't really bother me that much and would most likely keep me busy til the really good next gen only titles start coming out.

Yeah, I think it all comes down to games. For me I don't need a major library of titles to hop on to a system ecosystem, but I need something that justifies the purchase. So, I would want a new experience that was something so monumental, something that all gamers would need to try, something that I would have to buy in just so I could experience it myself. For the 360, it was Gears of War that got me to finally pick one up, and I never regretted it. The Wii on the other hand, never did give me something I felt justified the purchase - even though I did love Mario Galaxy and Smash, they weren't 'new' to me.

The Wii on the other hand, never did give me something I felt justified the purchase - even though I did love Mario Galaxy and Smash, they weren't 'new' to me.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories made the Wii a must-own for me. There was something terrifying about using the Wiimote as a flashlight and not being able to fight back. The gimmicky sports games were fun for me, too, but that helpless feeling of always getting lost with nothing but a flashlight sold it for me. Oh, and drunken Wii Boxing.

Dynasty Warriors and Katamari titles were my previous console sellers. Indie titles + LittleBigPlanet were what finally put the icing on the cake for me to buy a PS3. For PS4 - more games are in the pipeline, so I'm not worried about that anymore. I just want new experiences, like the social features we have right now via the Live With PlayStation app and the ability we have to attach recorded audio into our PSN messages. Once we're able to take control of someone else's game (like was promised before), that will make the PS4 a bringer of unique experiences.
psblah.png
(Via PS.Blog)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"