What's your favorite PS2/1 Digital Game?

MakaiOokami

PSLS Level: Bronze
Post below. In order to count it HAS to be on ANY region PSN.

So if there's a game you love and it's only in the Japanese PSN it counts. If you imported it from Japan and you can't buy it on the PSN in any country or region, it doesn't count (those are your examples)

The game I've probably played the most of is CastleVania Symphony of the Night, as far as on PSP, PS3, Vita goes. However I've played Disgaea 1 to the point to where I can't really play it anymore. I even played the PSP one. It's on the PSN though so it counts. :p

Hands down Final Fantasy VII or VIII. Those are two of my top games of all time. The story lines, gameplay, and characters are just perfect IMO. Don't get me started on Triple Triad (the card game) in FFVIII, which is the best mini game in a Final Fantasy game (yes Blitzball I said it). But with the recent additions of the two titles to the Steam catalog I find myself playing it more there. Primarily because of little things like Steam Achievements. Which is why I would be ecstatic for the games to be re-released with just trophies. They add so much to gameplay IMO.

Hands down Final Fantasy VII or VIII. Those are two of my top games of all time. The story lines, gameplay, and characters are just perfect IMO. Don't get me started on Triple Triad (the card game) in FFVIII, which is the best mini game in a Final Fantasy game (yes Blitzball I said it). But with the recent additions of the two titles to the Steam catalog I find myself playing it more there. Primarily because of little things like Steam Achievements. Which is why I would be ecstatic for the games to be re-released with just trophies. They add so much to gameplay IMO.

I would probably love 7 if they did like a retro take on it, and did everything in pixel art or hand drawn like a Disgaea, or a Blazblue. They say 3D remake would take them a decade. I bet if they just change the style, they'd be good to go. Plus it'd probably save them storage space which would make it easier to be on the Vita.

I wonder what the fan response would be like.

This would be my response.

image_zps03811711.jpg

FFVIII and Castlevania: SOTN are both my favorite games of all time, so I'm going to go with them. I used to turn on FFVIII just to play Triple Triad sometimes. Hahaha

sengoku basara 1, 2, and 2 heroes, fatal frame series, and bloodrayne 2. that's all i can think of for now off the top of my head.

Final Fantasy Tactics. No contest. This has the most awesome and gripping story in any of them and an unlimited amount of replayability. I play this game twice annually and it never gets old. The only contender would be the remake for Vita, War of the Lions. Runners up would be any of the entries in the Legacy of Kain series. Best story across a series I have ever encountered. One of the best stories in gaming, period.

Final Fantasy Tactics. No contest. This has the most awesome and gripping story in any of them and an unlimited amount of replayability. I play this game twice annually and it never gets old. The only contender would be the remake for Vita, War of the Lions. Runners up would be any of the entries in the Legacy of Kain series. Best story across a series I have ever encountered. One of the best stories in gaming, period.
The problem is the games started epic and amazing.

Tried new things on the second games and had some hit/misses

Then finally kinda ended up finishing the story but a generic ending to what started off being some of the most unique gaming experiences around.

They should do a reboot, compilation. Though I'm sure they won't.

I had never gotten to play God Hand and Odin Sphere on PS2, so I'm glad that they came to PS3 as downloadables.

The problem is the games started epic and amazing.

Tried new things on the second games and had some hit/misses

Then finally kinda ended up finishing the story but a generic ending to what started off being some of the most unique gaming experiences around.

They should do a reboot, compilation. Though I'm sure they won't.

The entire story was always epic and amazing to me. The only muddy spot for me was Blood Omen 2. And now that we have news of Amy Hennig being forced out by two talented jackasses (will edit if needed), I have a small glimmer of hope Square Enix will snag her to revitalize the series. Not to mention the game, Nosgoth, is in beta for PC and will hopefully provide enough interest and revenue to get a project started on the series.

Frankly, while I have downloaded a handful of Classics titles, I haven't actually played them. Like, at all, almost. ^^; But most of them are games I've already played and loved in the past, and favorites are... pretty much the usual suspects. (FF7, FF8, Suikoden, and Parasite Eve first come to mind...)

I have to say, though, I'm very pleased to see all three of the PS2-era Fatal Frame titles up there now. I wish to god they'd do an HD collection of them, but the chances of that seem damn near 0%, sadly.

the very first game i bought on my psn account is FF7 that game holds a special place in my heart because that is the game that got me into video games. it is the first and only game that i finished 100% (i think i can get a platinum trophy if they put one in ff7)

the very first game i bought on my psn account is FF7 that game holds a special place in my heart because that is the game that got me into video games. it is the first and only game that i finished 100% (i think i can get a platinum trophy if they put one in ff7)
Freaking Emerald Weapon from Final Fantasy VII is pretty much the only thing I haven't done in that game.....

FF7_zpsdd71593c.jpg

Freaking Emerald Weapon from Final Fantasy VII is pretty much the only thing I haven't done in that game.....

FF7_zpsdd71593c.jpg
you want an easy way to defeat weapon? put final attack+phoenix and master command+hp absorb and then everything else is a counter materia for every slot (with someone carrying the underwater materia). that's how i beat emerald anyways.
as for ruby make sure the other two characters are dead and they stay dead or else you gonna have a bad time. then just omnislash+mime it or w-summon(hades+KotR)+mime.

Weapon
final attack+revive
master command+hp absorb
w-item+mime
e.skill (big guard)+ master magic (regen+haste)

Armor
elemental+fire
w-summon+master summon
master summon +hp absorb
master summon + mp absorb (if you can, otherwise use megaelixir/turbo ether to get your mp back)

. and make sure the other two stay dead. ruby is hard to kill no matter what your level or equipment is. but if you can deal

or if you want to try your luck you can use cait sith's slots (you will make the cait sith face with the three slots) and try to get the insta-kill .

you want an easy way to defeat weapon? put final attack+phoenix and master command+hp absorb and then everything else is a counter materia for every slot (with someone carrying the underwater materia). that's how i beat emerald anyways.
as for ruby make sure the other two characters are dead and they stay dead or else you gonna have a bad time. then just omnislash+mime it or w-summon(hades+KotR)+mime.

Weapon
final attack+revive
master command+hp absorb
w-item+mime
e.skill (big guard)+ master magic (regen+haste)

Armor
elemental+fire
w-summon+master summon
master summon +hp absorb
master summon + mp absorb (if you can, otherwise use megaelixir/turbo ether to get your mp back)

. and make sure the other two stay dead. ruby is hard to kill no matter what your level or equipment is. but if you can deal

or if you want to try your luck you can use cait sith's slots (you will make the cait sith face with the three slots) and try to get the insta-kill .
*facepalm* I already beat Emerald, not Ruby. I get them mixed up sometimes. Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"