Where do you work?

Lifewish

중재자
Staff member
So I figured it might be cool for everyone to tell about their job, where they work, if they like it, etc.

I am the AP/AR Manager and part Owner of Southern State Rebar, a rebar fabrication company. We bring in rebar and bend it to specifications, then send it out to job sites where they place it in buildings or concrete. I also do AP/AR for our sister company, Eldorado Steel. There, we take anchor bolts and plates to jobsites and do things like stair rails and such.

Oh yea, I also do review coordination and forum moderation for this crappy like website called PlayStation LifeStyle. :)

I currently work in the tech office at my University. It's not too bad. The pay is decent for what it entails. Last month I interviewed to be a Software Engineer at IBM. I heard back earlier today and will start in May, work until September, and then be full-time with them after I graduate in December. I'm pretty stoked about that.

I am, more or less, the store manager for a local wholesale distributor for security systems, fire alarms, audio/vido system, and the like. It would be too easy to locate me if I give the company name, so I'll just keep that to myself. Ok enough job. It sure does remind me on a daily basis how corrupt and vile our race can be though.

I work at Morgan Olsen. It is a company that builds walk in trucks. I am an Advanced Assembler which is just a fancy term for a normal factory worker that knows more jobs than others. The pay is decent enough for the area but still pretty low. Some trucks that we build are:

UPS
USPS
FedEx
Snap On
Amazon.com Foods
Pea Pod
W.B. Mason
UniFirst
Coca-Cola
Turano Baking
Ameripride
Swat vans for various cities

Kmart. Kinda shitty place to work, but the work itself usually isn't too bad. At least not for my particular position. (Sales associate, mainly working in toys/sporting goods/seasonal.) Today was a rare example of a frustratingly busy day, with some problems sprinkled about, but most days are pretty simple -- clean up the aisles, put stuff away, maybe set up a display or something, and just help whatever customers need help. There are definitely far worse jobs to have in the place. I can get along with most of my co-workers well enough, and some of them are pretty cool people, although I mostly tend to keep to myself. (I'm typically left to my own devices, on my own, anyway.) I only work afternoons/nights and I've got a somewhat consistent schedule set up now, so I can actually make plans outside of work when I have the opportunity to do so, and while it's just a minimum-wage job, I'm relatively content with it, if only for now. (I'm well aware I'll need a better job eventually, but this one suits me just fine for the time being. Was hard enough just to get this one, anyway, nevermind looking elsewhere.)

Long story short: it's retail. It's got its ups and downs, but overall, I'm okay with it.

I work at Morgan Olsen. It is a company that builds walk in trucks. I am an Advanced Assembler which is just a fancy term for a normal factory worker that knows more jobs than others. The pay is decent enough for the area but still pretty low. Some trucks that we build are:

Do you put together a specific part of the truck?

part-time student
part-time nanny (to my bro's newborn)
part-time English tutor
I help my cousin with his stories by editing them
(contrary to how I write in the forums and comments section, my English is actually pretty, I'm just lazy when it comes to my own writing, hooray for laziness!) ^_^

I'm a security guard at Medford Leas, a continuing care retirement community in NJ. The pay is good, the job isn't physically demanding, and I work long hours for 7 days at a time, which allows me to also be off for 7 days at a time.

In the sunnier seasons, I also do pest control and landscaping for a local contractor. Through this seasonal job, I learn all kinds of cool home improvement lifehack that I'm able to use at home.

To make life even more fun, I'm a full-time student taking online courses through Colorado Technical University. Because of the way the school is set up, I take enough courses in a year to more than double the qualifications of a full time student. I plan to graduate next year with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a minor in Human Resource Management.

a security guard at Medford Leas, a continuing care retirement community in NJ. The pay is good, the job isn't physically demanding, and I work long hours for 7 days at a time, which allows me to also be off for 7 days at a time.

In the sunnier seasons, I also do pest control and landscaping for a local contractor. Through this seasonal job, I learn all kinds of cool home improvement lifehack that I'm able to use at home.

To make life even more fun, I'm a full-time student taking online courses through Colorado Technical University. Because of the way the school is set up, I take enough courses in a year to more than double the qualifications of a full time student. I plan to graduate next year with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a minor in Human Resource Management.
Wow, you must live pretty close
(by internet standards) to me. Im in deptford nj.

Anyway, i work for frito lay. I write orders for the super markets and deliver it to them. I drive a pretty big delivery truck, but not an 18 wheeler. I have no real set hours, i just get done as fast as i can and i go home. I do have to get up very early though. 4 am. Job is good, pay is good, and im , pretty much on my own all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you put together a specific part of the truck?
I put on the mirrors, grab handles, roll-up door seals, lights around the top of the trucks, windshield wipers, washer fluid, coolant, hood seals, random stickers/labels, door locks, passenger jump seat, non-slip tread tape on the floor in the cargo area, grease all door/hood hinges and straps to hold two wheel carts in the cargo area.

It doesn't seem much but there are only two of us in my area and one truck we do has 20 grab handles on top of everything else. We do 16 trucks each day. It's not bad but it is quite a bit of work for two guys. we used to have three guys doing 13 trucks a day.

I am actually trained to build the entire truck from the ground up though. When I first started there I was in the Refurb department. We used to take old trucks and refurbish them to "like new" condition. This could be anything from replacing a few pieces to replacing an entire body or engine. After about two and a half years of that I decided to take an easier job in another department for the same pay. LOL

i work night shifts in a hospital as a patient transporter (alive, half-alive, not alive) in the cold country of Canada. some nights i only have to take 3-5 patients other nights it can go up to 20 patients. what i really like about my job is that there is free internet and if there's no patient to transport then i can just hang around and do whatever i want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"