Why is Freedom Wars cheaper?

idillicah

PSLS Level: Bronze
Basically, what the title says. Why is Freedom Wars $30, when most Vita releases are $40 or even $45 (at least here in Canada)?

Is the single-player content thin? Or what's the reasoning behind the pricing.

I assume its because SCE titles have sold poorly, even for Vita titles. My thought is theyre hoping the product may be more desirable and will sell more copies at a lower price.

I assume its because SCE titles have sold poorly, even for Vita titles. My thought is theyre hoping the product may be more desirable and will sell more copies at a lower price.

That's a fair point. I think my worry, even after reading the reviews, is that it gets quite repetitive. I don't mind a grind at all, but I want some variety, at least visually speaking, and there doesn't seem to be that much content in it, aside from re-hashing of mission types and assets.

That's a fair point. I think my worry, even after reading the reviews, is that it gets quite repetitive. I don't mind a grind at all, but I want some variety, at least visually speaking, and there doesn't seem to be that much content in it, aside from re-hashing of mission types and assets.

The game can get somewhat repetitve but i can tell you the single player isnt thin. I would echo what Bor said.

@Lifewish, so great to have you chiming in! I actually wanted to ask you: Freedom Wars or SAO?

Anybody else, including the ever-awesome @Borshay, feel free to drop me a line.

I wont be picking up FW til Wednesday afternoon, but if you want a great single player SAO has one. Neither game has a great story from what Ive read about FW, but SAO is kust funexploring the Hollow areas, or clearing one of the floors (and getting the last attack bonus). Its my go to game for when im watching football or a movie. It has some grinding for stuff, but nothing I'd consider terrible.

(Unless you are aiming to hit the max level)

@Lifewish, so great to have you chiming in! I actually wanted to ask you: Freedom Wars or SAO?

Anybody else, including the ever-awesome @Borshay, feel free to drop me a line.

I would say FW wins slightly in terms of combat because of more things to do..more control over what happens with your teammates.. SAO in terms of better characters and more consistent story.

This won out. I'll probably get SAO anyway later if I can afford it before my trip.

Attachments

• 20141029_165825.jpg
    20141029_165825.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 2
That said, I'm still playing Re;Birth1. 22 hours in. It's AMAZING. I love it so much, it's so fun for an RPG, fun as in lighthearted.

I love it. One of my favorite games of the year.

@idillicah now you're making me want to get Re:birth1 lol!

SAO is a great snatch considering how much you can do and how long you can get hook to it. Currently playing 20hrs now and I haven't even finished 50% of the floors and I haven't even startef the hollow area part. :<

@GneilEuix I am tremendously glad I ignored most of the reviews for Re:Birth1. I am a mega-advocate for it. I think it's amazing, super fun, great value for money, all in all just a good, fun, complete RPG experience.

That said, I will try to get SAO eventually. It's just that money's a bit tight with a major move I have coming up.

But yeah, Re;Birth1. If I had to buy only one game from this year, it'd probably be Re;Birth1. Is it perfect? Far from it. Is it fun? Hell yeah.

And I love that in video games.

Another worry for me pre-purchase of Freedom Wars is that they seem to have put a release-day embargo on the reviews, which usually means they're not confident about it.

IGN still hasn't released theirs, and the lovely folk here at PSLS released their review on Tuesday.

Another worry for me pre-purchase of Freedom Wars is that they seem to have put a release-day embargo on the reviews, which usually means they're not confident about it.

IGN still hasn't released theirs, and the lovely folk here at PSLS released their review on Tuesday.

Release day Embargo's are actually very common, even on the big AAA games that you know are going to sell. Destiny had a release day embargo.

Release day Embargo's are actually very common, even on the big AAA games that you know are going to sell. Destiny had a release day embargo.

Really? It's different for music and film (which is the industry I'm part of).

Interesting.

Yeah review embargos are extremely common for video games. Some are sent out weeks early and no publisher is going to want a review going up that early, even a positive one.

Yeah review embargos are extremely common for video games. Some are sent out weeks early and no publisher is going to want a review going up that early, even a positive one.

Well actually, there are some publishers that will give you the game weeks early with no embargo date, so you can basically publish it at anytime you want.

@idillicah Yea I would assume it is much different than other industries. The worst part is, one game from a publisher will come early, while the next game will come on or after the release date.. there is really no rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah, it's the same for albums. We usually get them 4 to 6 weeks in advance, but can't publish anything until it's 2 weeks to release.

We usually don't get release-day embargoes, thankfully.

Well actually, there are some publishers that will give you the game weeks early with no embargo date, so you can basically publish it at anytime you want.

@idillicah Yea I would assume it is much different than other industries. The worst part is, one game from a publisher will come early, while the next game will come on or after the release date.. there is really no rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah, it's the same for music and film. It's on a per-album or per-film basis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"