Xbox One Impressions

Stewey

PSLS Level: Bronze
I currently own a PS4 and have been considering picking up an Xbox One as well within the next couple months. Specifically the white Sunset Overdrive bundle that releases in October. I was just wondering who here owns a One and what their impressions of the console have been so far.

I have had an Xbox One since launch and truly enjoy it. The console itself is really well and built, and I enjoy the functionality of it with the television integration. Each console has their own advantages IMO. I've never been one to side with one console in particular, and bash other consoles along with it. Granted this is a PlayStation site, and I may be the only one that actually enjoys my Xbox One, or even owns one for that matter. So I will do my best to discuss the console, and hopefully it helps in your decision.

The bundle you are referring to does not have a Kinect bundled, so I will keep the overview of that as simple as possible. Personally I like the Kinect a lot. It offers a lot of functionality if used properly. It is awesome to walk into your place with hands full, simply say "Xbox On", it turns on your TV, Xbox, and cable box. Then say "Xbox watch ESPN", and it changes to that channel before you even set the stuff down. Yes I know that many will deem that as a stupid perk, but I have used it hundreds of times when entering my home. Factor in how awesome Xbox Fitness is, and you have a winner. I am someone that is always working out, and the different workouts that are offered are awesome. The camera itself is a huge upgrade over the original Kinect as well.

System: The Xbox One system itself is a great piece of hardware. It runs very quiet and never gets overheated. Occasionally I have had to restart the entire console, but that always fixes any issue I have had.

Interface: This is really where the system shines. Personally I do prefer the Xbox One interface over the PS4, but that is just a preference of mine. And that is not bashing the PS4 interface either, it is done very nicely as well. I personally just like the Xbox One more on this aspect. It is setup a lot like the Windows 8 tiles, so many should be instantly familiar with it. Very simple, clean tiles, representing apps, games, and movies/videos.

Games: Forza, Ryse, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, etc. are all some current exclusives that I have played, and they are a lot of fun. With Sunset Overdrive and Crackdown being two of my most anticipated titles being released in the future, I truly cannot wait. Halo Master Chief Collection is something else that many people are excited about, it has four games, with 4000 gamerscore, for $59.99. Insane value, especially if you are new to the games. This is just the disc based games, there have been many downloadable only titles that have been announced that are definitely worth checking out on the system.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

I wish i could say our experience was good, but what happened to my brother and microshits asshole response to him was rude, i can honestly say imo the system is shit.

Last edited:
I was originally very down on the XBone before launch. But I will say that there response to the gamers and fans was hard to ignore. They have gone very far out of there comfort zone to listen to gamers and give them what they want.

I have been very happy with my Day One Xbox One. I still prefer my PS4 as my Console of this generation and keep the Exclusives for the XBone. And the OS updates have been awesome, it almost makes me wish Sony would give us some better and faster OS updates. I am just waiting for more games at this point, my collections is still holding strong at 5 deep.

13076875184_45fc5b0b7d_b.jpg

I wish i could say our experience was good, but what happened to my brother and microshits asshole response to him was, i can honestly say imo the system is shit.

What happened? Was the console itself the issue or Microsoft's customer service or something else?

I was originally very down on the XBone before launch. But I will say that there response to the gamers and fans was hard to ignore. They have gone very far out of there comfort zone to listen to gamers and give them what they want.

I have been very happy with my Day One Xbox One. I still prefer my PS4 as my Console of this generation and keep the Exclusives for the XBone. And the OS updates have been awesome, it almost makes me wish Sony would give us some better and faster OS updates. I am just waiting for more games at this point, my collections is still holding strong at 5 deep.

Nice!

Those look like Wii and WiiU games underneath. Are they? And if so, which ones?

What happened? Was the console itself the issue or Microsoft's customer service or something else?

Umm well i had said what happened quite awhile ago on one of the old threads. To put it bluntly, it caught on fire while he was using it. He was playing on it, then like half an hour later we started to see a little bit of smoke and then -FWOOSH- flames. We think there was a really big defect in the one he bought (a first day one). We called microshit, and they pretty much blamed it on him and refuses to help. Dumbass then went and bought another.

Umm well i had said what happened quite awhile ago on one of the old threads. To put it bluntly, it caught on fire while he was using it. He was playing on it, then like half an hour later we started to see a little bit of smoke and then -FWOOSH- flames. We think there was a really big defect in the one he bought (a first day one). We called microshit, and they pretty much blamed it on him and refuses to help. Dumbass then went and bought another.

Wow. So the experience was both the hardware and the customer service. I can say if I had that kind of experience, I wouldn't support them by purchasing another! I've been holding off buying an XB1 mainly because the PS4, PS3 (and to a lesser extent the Wii U) provides all of my entertainment needs. Normally I would buy one just to play the exclusives but there aren't any that justify the purchase of a system.

Sorry that your brother had such a bad experience and thanks for sharing even though you'd previously posted it.

:)

Only four of those are exclusive. :p

I just don't see the point in buying an Xbox One for Sunset Overdrive.

R.Y.S.E. I hear is coming to PC.
Titanfall already on PC so I don't consider it truly exclusive, plus it was a 360 game as well
Dead Rising 3 Pretty sure also coming to PC

So unless you're a HUGE racing fan Playstation and a PC will probably be way better for you. Halo kinda goes without saying.

Ultimately what it comes down to is, that the Xbox One only has like 6 million purchases. PS4 has over 10 million already and plus developers of smaller games can leverage Vita and PS3 with Cross-buy and other things and work out PS Plus deals, etc....

So in order for a game to be a TRUE Xbox One exclusive, it basically has to reach for the smallest possible fanbase it possibly can... until it outsells the Wii U that is.

I just don't see the point in buying an Xbox One for Sunset Overdrive.

R.Y.S.E. I hear is coming to PC.
Titanfall already on PC so I don't consider it truly exclusive, plus it was a 360 game as well
Dead Rising 3 Pretty sure also coming to PC

So unless you're a HUGE racing fan Playstation and a PC will probably be way better for you. Halo kinda goes without saying.

Ultimately what it comes down to is, that the Xbox One only has like 6 million purchases. PS4 has over 10 million already and plus developers of smaller games can leverage Vita and PS3 with Cross-buy and other things and work out PS Plus deals, etc....

So in order for a game to be a TRUE Xbox One exclusive, it basically has to reach for the smallest possible fanbase it possibly can... until it outsells the Wii U that is.

Dead Rising is definitely coming to PC. It's on Steam. And I'll play a Wii U over a One any day. ;)

My XBone is about to get some love. I just picked up Killer Instinct Season 2 last night since as a previous owner i saved 10% and i still had $21 in credit so i only paid like $15. And today ill be picking up Forza Horizon 2.

Although i really need to find time to go back an play DR and Ryse, I didn't put much time into them at launch. It sad that even my small Xbox One Collection is already in Backlog.

My XBone is about to get some love. I just picked up Killer Instinct Season 2 last night since as a previous owner i saved 10% and i still had $21 in credit so i only paid like $15. And today ill be picking up Forza Horizon 2.

Although i really need to find time to go back an play DR and Ryse, I didn't put much time into them at launch. It sad that even my small Xbox One Collection is already in Backlog.
Must be nice to have the extra cash to drop on a console for like 5 games, and not really even bother playing any of them. XD

Must be nice to have the extra cash to drop on a console for like 5 games, and not really even bother playing any of them. XD
It didnt really cost me anything out of pocket so I figured why not. But I do waste plenty of money buying games for my backlog. :D

It didnt really cost me anything out of pocket so I figured why not. But I do waste plenty of money buying games for my backlog. :D
I would have sold that shit, and bought more games for good consoles... is still my response.

I'd keep an Xbox One if someone gave me one, and then gave me $100 dollars and said that if I sold it I'd have to give him the money from the Xbox One.

I would have sold that shit, and bought more games for good consoles... is still my response.

I'd keep an Xbox One if someone gave me one, and then gave me $100 dollars and said that if I sold it I'd have to give him the money from the Xbox One.
No need to sell it since I already own the good games for other consoles. My goal is to be able to play all good games regardless of the console/pc. I like many of the things the Xbox One Does even more so that they have updated the OS numerous times and improved it every time. I'm a gamer, I want to play all games.

No need to sell it since I already own the good games for other consoles. My goal is to be able to play all good games regardless of the console/pc. I like many of the things the Xbox One Does even more so that they have updated the OS numerous times and improved it every time. I'm a gamer, I want to play all games.

As do I. But I can't support a company that blatantly spit in and slapped our faces. I don't care how many apologies they throw out. I don't forgive such slights easily.

I don't make much money. SO I would sell it in a heart beat cause I'd never use it, and I'd rather buy more games for everything else. Or go out to see a movie in a theatre or something. Plus my wife HATES Xboxes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"