Instactor is the worst.

Timewarp

PSLS Level: Bronze
I don't intend to change anything just to rant. Instactor is the worst. It's ruining this site, I am so sick of having to wait for permission to leave my comments on the articles, it's getting to the point where I'll post something and within minutes it gets declined and I know it's not the mods who actually run this site because later that day I'll get a ton of comments that were deleted brought back by our mods.

I feel like a local being bullied by out of town cops. They don't leave here, they don't even own the site but they're still enforcing their own set of rules. The entire thing deleted every comment made before PSLS start using Instactor, you can't see who is upvoting/downvoting comments so people can easily upvote their own comments (BTW how does a like/dislike system work if you can upvote yourself?!)

I am getting fed up with seeing half my comments declined because of some automated system. Everything about Instactor is bad and it's honestly got me considering just leaving this site behind for something else. Disqus wasn't the best, god knows it broke down every five seconds but at least there you could post a comment and not have to wait for a computer to decide you're allowed to comment.

You know what annoys me the most? I put a comment and it'll be hours before it gets approved but I put something they don't like? Oh you better believe that gets declined the moment I post that comment. How is anyone supposed to comment anymore? and I'm not getting at the mods, I love the mods especially Annette, seriously if you're reading this you're the best. You got rid of people I thought were NEVER getting banned.

I thought I'd have to put up certain members leaving me insulting messages for the rest of my time on this site. This isn't directed at you but the automated system that keeps deleting my comments. If I break a rule fine just direct me to said rule so I know what I can and can't do but I absolutely despise being punished when I don't even know what I did wrong.

Last edited:
No they don't. It's just rejected, you just get a notice on your profile saying "your comment on the following article has been declined" it's an automated system. I can tell because you'll get your comments declined and hours later it'll all come back. I can't even imagine the amount of work the mods have to do now going around bringing back people's comments.

and it's anything negative. When it first came here someone corrected me and I just made a silly comment mocking myself for skimming the article and that got declined.

I don't know who's idea this was but it's bad for the site. It's humilating having to wait for permission to post. I mean it's little things like for example with Disqus I never had to worry about the system sending four exact copies of my same post or when I reply to my own comment to add something it sends me a message saying someone replied to my comment. I know. I MADE THE REPLY.

It's true you don't know what you got till it's gone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"