Final Fantasy Type-0 For PS Vita petition!

darkforcegod

PSLS Level: Bronze
PSLS Ambassador
Hello there ladies and gentlemen. As you know Square Enix is going to release FF Type 0 for current gen consoles but not for the PS Vita. This is making a lot of fans to refuse to buy this game because they wanted it for the PS Vita mainly and it looks like its not going to happen. What can you do? You can help us get the PS Vita version if we all work together. I think if we try we can make it or at least we know we tried. Go into this page and cast your vote. It would mean a lot and if we make it then we can play it on consoles and handheld. Whats not to love?

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petiti...e-0-hd-on-playstation-vita-in-eu-and-na#share

978b4b9cdca175fcd0f2fab1b57600a24829309d41939e4dd721d9415ebca025.jpg

I hate to be Mr. Negative but this is a waste of time. Square Enix is never going to listen to you. If they can't even listen to people and re-release FFVII, which is sure to easily sell MILLIONS, then they aren't going to cater to this petition.

Between Squeenix and Sony, direct game support for the Vita is sadly dwindling. Don't expect to see this happen, no matter how many people sign the petition, even though I'll sign it too.

Though I continually doubt that Square Enix really cares, I'll sign this. Another signature is another step toward establishing demand.

Though I continually doubt that Square Enix really cares, I'll sign this. Another signature is another step toward establishing demand.

Yeah. thats the spirit. Is not only about making it happen but its also about us speaking up and trying to get what we want even if we dont get it. We know its a very long shot and its gonna be very hard to make it happen but still we will "fight".

I suspect that it was held off of Vita because cross-generation and cross-platform (when it's a handheld) is perceived as a weakness in today's market.

A game released on both a console and handheld -- apart from the possible exception of sports titles -- risks being perceived as a weak title. The HD remaster of FFX, I believe, would be an exception due to it being PS3 instead of PS4. "It's OK to be as weak as a handheld when you're the last gen system!"

Would this happen with Type-0? I don't think so, but it appears as though Square Enix does (and/or Sony and/or Microsoft). It's an example of Square Enix not knowing its audience.

Again, it won't make sense to you and me, but this is the kind of thing people in suits sitting in board rooms talk about. It's not about facts, it's about perception.

If Type-0 comes to Vita, I believe it will happen like a year or two after the console versions, so that the market can have its go at those and not have their sales dragged down by the unappealing existence of a handheld version.

Oh, and obligatory linking to the Final Fantasy Type-0 review to see what you've got coming to you:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2011/12/02/psp-import-review-final-fantasy-type-0/

I suspect that it was held off of Vita because cross-generation and cross-platform (when it's a handheld) is perceived as a weakness in today's market.
Yeah, you'd think that they would - release an awesome game (8/10 on PSLS for a PSP game? NO FUCKING WAY!!!) on Vita / cross-gen / cross platform and see how well the audience responds to buying it.

Then again, the current "suits" aren't really good at gauging their audiences. That's a worldwide business issue that is sadly only starting to change in smaller companies. One of the many reasons I'm pursuing a business degree...

Then again, the current "suits" aren't really good at gauging their audiences.
Yep. It was for this reason that we got not one but three Lightning-sama games while they put the world on hold waiting for FF Versus XIII (later renamed FF XV).
It's mind blowing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"