Import Gaming

Jacky

PSLS Level: Silver
ok so out of pure curiosity what games that are unavailable where you are (be it psp, ps vita, ps3, or ps4), would you like to see imported and localized.
i know for me it would be a large number of certain Japanese hack and slash games, action/adventure, horror, and certain fighting games.

for me some would be:
BLEACH Heat the Soul 3-7
Sengoku Basara 1-4
j stars victory vs
Siren
the first yakuza game

Last edited:
j stars victory vs, or some other similar shonen jump games

A few of my friends and I love a several of the franchises that are represented in the game, so this game is basically a fairy tale to us. Plus, the idea of murdering Younger Toguro with Boa Hancock sounds hilarious!

Tales of Vesperia. Would be easy as hell too. The work was already done for a console company that paid ridiculous funds to make it exclusive in a sad pathetic attempt to get dominance in a country they weren't going to actually make exclusives for.

Yakuza 5/Ishin, mostly. Loved the Yakuza series and don't want that to end for us out here in the West because Sega can't be bothered to localize them anymore.

Like, half of the PSP's RPGs; such as the port of Venus & Braves, Tengai Makyou 4. Also anything Super Robot Taisen related. But then, I'm a pretty huge nerd.

I would really like physical copies of Wipeout HD and Siren: Blood Curse, but some of those prices are outrageous. Right now I'm wanting to import J Stars and the .hack movie/game hybrid. Can't speak a word of Japanese but the game looks pretty self explanatory as far as combat goes.

Oh, and I've been wanting the new Saint Seiya game for a while, but that one I can import from Europe or Latin America.

I will admit that when it comes to certain games, japan gets to keep the best ones, and we never see them localized, I don't mind importing really, if anything I prefer that some of my games be the import version.

Sengoku Basara 1-4

Siren
What country do you hail from? The original Sengoku Basara was released here in the States under the title Devil Kings (and was horribly localized, removing just about any and all signs of Japanese history from it), and SB3 was released as Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. Although I heard sales for the latter bombed horribly, which is probably why we never got SB3 Utage, and why I highly doubt we'll get SB4. Shame, really, since from my (rather extensive) experience with SB3, I'd say it's a better game than these Dynasty Warriors games that Koei keeps churning out. Personally, I'll probably import SB4 if needed.

Siren also got released here, and to the best of my knowledge, Siren 2 was as well. Siren: Blood Curse (aka Lost Translation) was as well, albeit only digitally.

As for my own list...

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse would've been nice. Granted, I imported it and used a fan translation patch for it, so I've got it anyway. ^^ A local release of the Wii remake of Crimson Butterfly would've been nice, too, but the US branches of involved companies seem to have pretty much abandoned the series at this point, sadly.

Front Mission 5: Scars of the War would've been nice, especially considering it was the last game in the series, and pretty much the penultimate entry, supposedly tying together all of the previous games (and even some of the non-game media, I believe) and concluding the story and whatnot. -_- Anyway, that's never going to happen. I imported it already, but need to get around to getting a Swap Magic to play it with a fan translation patch.

Valkyria Chronicles III would've been great, especially considering I've heard it was pretty much the best game in the series. Bah. We always miss the good ones, right? I'm keeping my eye on a fan translation, and planning to import it eventually.

The last Suikoden game, Woven Web of a Century. It's not gonna happen, so I'm importing it. Shockingly, I haven't even seen any fan translations around, but to hell with it. I'll force my way through all the Japanese text if need be. I just want the damn game.

You've piqued my interest. Time to find a trailer!

The fluidity of combat, alone, is reason enough for me to call it superior. I downloaded a demo for DW7 Empires at some point, and was borderline-appalled by how clunky character control felt, after having gotten so used to SenBa. Not to mention the amount of thought behind each character's fighting style in SenBa, compared to the myriad of largely copy-and-pasted combos present throughout the DW series. It's just a shame that there's no PvP multiplayer in SenBa, because that's where the individual fighting styles would really shine.

The fluidity of combat, alone, is reason enough for me to call it superior. I downloaded a demo for DW7 Empires at some point, and was borderline-appalled by how clunky character control felt, after having gotten so used to SenBa. Not to mention the amount of thought behind each character's fighting style in SenBa, compared to the myriad of largely copy-and-pasted combos present throughout the DW series. It's just a shame that there's no PvP multiplayer in SenBa, because that's where the individual fighting styles would really shine.

How do they compare to Warriors Orochi 3? I loved that game.

I mostly like Dynasty Warriors for the "What if..." scenarios thrown into the 3 Kingdoms lore. When they added Jin in DW7, that was a real treat for all of the long-time fans. Do the stories have any historical basis in the SB games, or are they obviously over-the-top fiction like WO? I would really like to play one now. I've never seen them on PS3 in stores. :-( Maybe I haven't searched NJ for the right market yet...

How do they compare to Warriors Orochi 3? I loved that game.

I mostly like Dynasty Warriors for the "What if..." scenarios thrown into the 3 Kingdoms lore. When they added Jin in DW7, that was a real treat for all of the long-time fans. Do the stories have any historical basis in the SB games, or are they obviously over-the-top fiction like WO? I would really like to play one now. I've never seen them on PS3 in stores. :-( Maybe I haven't searched NJ for the right market yet...
I couldn't compare to WO, as I never played any of them. Historically speaking, though, it's all the same basis as the Samurai Warriors games. You'll notice a lot of familiar names -- Oda Nobunaga, Date Masamune, Ieyasu Tokugawa, etc. It's all a rather loose interpretation, but the core plots of the games are based on actual Japanese history, to some extent or other.

Oh, okay. That's how DW games are, too, only with Chinese history. Warriors Orochi games have characters from all of those TK hack n' slash series, and they made up a new story for all of these characters to share together. hahaha

What country do you hail from? The original Sengoku Basara was released here in the States under the title Devil Kings (and was horribly localized, removing just about any and all signs of Japanese history from it), and SB3 was released as Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. Although I heard sales for the latter bombed horribly, which is probably why we never got SB3 Utage, and why I highly doubt we'll get SB4. Shame, really, since from my (rather extensive) experience with SB3, I'd say it's a better game than these Dynasty Warriors games that Koei keeps churning out. Personally, I'll probably import SB4 if needed.

Siren also got released here, and to the best of my knowledge, Siren 2 was as well. Siren: Blood Curse (aka Lost Translation) was as well, albeit only digitally.

As for my own list...

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse would've been nice. Granted, I imported it and used a fan translation patch for it, so I've got it anyway. ^^ A local release of the Wii remake of Crimson Butterfly would've been nice, too, but the US branches of involved companies seem to have pretty much abandoned the series at this point, sadly.

Front Mission 5: Scars of the War would've been nice, especially considering it was the last game in the series, and pretty much the penultimate entry, supposedly tying together all of the previous games (and even some of the non-game media, I believe) and concluding the story and whatnot. -_- Anyway, that's never going to happen. I imported it already, but need to get around to getting a Swap Magic to play it with a fan translation patch.

Valkyria Chronicles III would've been great, especially considering I've heard it was pretty much the best game in the series. Bah. We always miss the good ones, right? I'm keeping my eye on a fan translation, and planning to import it eventually.

The last Suikoden game, Woven Web of a Century. It's not gonna happen, so I'm importing it. Shockingly, I haven't even seen any fan translations around, but to hell with it. I'll force my way through all the Japanese text if need be. I just want the damn game.

actually devil kings was the American title the original game was made in japan, I'm from the states look at my profile. Crapcom decided that since it didn't sell very well in the states but sold well in japan that they would remake the first one, and not release it into the states anymore. it was remade in japan and labeled sengoku basara, with the sequels sengoku basara 2, sengoku basara 2 heroes, given 2 psp games, and once more released in the states was sengoku basara 3 samurai heroes as a multi console game. sengoku basara 3 utage then came out, followed by 4 which came out this year on January 23rd.

oh and there is also the ps3 hd collection of series, composed of sengoku basara, sengoku basara2, and sengoku basara 2 heroes.

the reason crapcom decided not to put TOO much actual history and throw in elements of devil may cry, is because they thought it would sell better. personally I think sengoku basara 4 is the better of the games. it's highly addicting to play, and I love masamune's devil may cry 1 costume.

there's actually more then 3 siren games, there's 4. and I would like to see those ones as well as the ORIGINAL siren series. not blood curse. the siren games almost didn't make it into stores because of what it was like. weird considering I've seen worse.

(the anime adapted from the sengoku games was ok, but I preferred the live action tv series.)

Last edited:
I'm from the states look at my profile.
...Well, now I feel dumb, hah. Not sure why I didn't think to just do that. Pardon. I just asked, though, 'cause you mentioned games 1-4 when we already got 1 and 3 (although it's fully understandable to want the original with Japanese historical basis intact and all). And, upon double-checking, I stand corrected about Siren 2 (only released in Japan, Australia, and Europe), but we did get the first game released in the States, on PS2.

Not sure what you meant to correct in what I said about the first SenBa game, though... It's just as I said: it was originally released in Japan (July 2005) as Sengoku Basara, with all the historical basis and whatnot, and then later released in the US (October 2005) as Devil Kings, without said historical basis. Granted, I was unaware of any connection to DMC, aside from some staff from the DMC team being involved, and thus having a few elements of the series present. Knew about the whole attempt to appeal more to western audiences, though. (Which, ironically, failed miserably.)

Although, on the note of the HD remaster of SenBa 1+2, that's another I would've loved to have seen released over here, especially since we were gypped out of a "proper" release of the original, and never got the second one. An HD remaster of the two would've been a perfect chance to get any fans of the third caught up on the story of the series, since we were kinda just thrust into the later parts. (Aside from what remained similar in the anime, since Capcom teamed up with FUNimation for a simultaneous release of Samurai Heroes with the first season of the anime.)

Back on the note of Siren: What is this fourth game you speak of? I looked around and saw nothing of the sort. There were just the first and second games, on PS2, and then the re-imagining of the first game on the PS3, Blood Curse/New Translation (pardon my "Lost Translation" in the previous post; memory's rusty). There was a film, loosely based on the second game, released under the Forbidden Siren title, but other than that, the series doesn't appear to have any other entries. Outside of the Siren series, the only games I see Project Siren even associated with are the Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze in JP) titles.

Yakuza 5/Ishin, mostly. Loved the Yakuza series and don't want that to end for us out here in the West because Sega can't be bothered to localize them anymore.

This one. The Yakuza games are amazing and I hope Sega wakes up and keeps bringing them here.

Sorry for the double post, but I would also like to see the Initial D games brought over and localized.

You've piqued my interest. Time to find a trailer!

for a hack and slash/ action game it is a very good series. dyasty warriors it is not, they are vastly different. it would be closer to samurai warriors, even though basara is far superior.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"